MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Green Deal

(2 Posts)
KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Feb-13 12:43:07

Hi Skidderboy,

The thread is over here!

Skidderboy Wed 13-Feb-13 12:09:20

Hi Ed

I had understood the green deal would enable home owners to easily access renewable energy.

From a financial, moral and environmental angle I have wished for sometime to install an air source heat pump. Unfortunately the capital investment is beyond my means. I had understood the renewable heat incentive, RHI, would enable people to take out interest free loans for the capital value using a yearly RHI to pay off the loan.

The payment of the RHI was to be a tax on fossil fuel users, encouraging the change to renewable sources and of course funding.

Is this still the case or am I missing something?

Seems to make sense to me. Rob from the fossil rich to give to the fossil poor and boost an emerging industry immensely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now