WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Live webchat with Nigel Slater, TODAY, Wednesday 12 December, 1pm

(167 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Dec-12 13:11:15

We're delighted that Nigel Slater is joining us tomorrow lunchtime (Wed 12 December) at 1pm for a live webchat.

Nigel is the author of a collection of bestselling books and presenter of BBC 1's Simple Cooking and has been food columnist for The Observer for 20 years. His award-winning memoir Toast - the Story of a Boy's Hunger won six major awards and is now a BBC film starring Helena Bonham Carter and Freddie Highmore.

Nigel's latest book, Kitchen Diaries Volume II, has just been published.

Join Nigel tomorrow at 1pm or post a question in advance on this thread.

KurriKurri Wed 12-Dec-12 16:35:17

Nigel answered my question smilesmilesmile <faints>, what a lovely, lovely man - when can we have him back?

CuriousMama Wed 12-Dec-12 16:41:41

He's my new BFF grin

Oh, I missed it.

I'm off to sulk.
<whispers "Jamie answered my question..>

marthamufffett Wed 12-Dec-12 18:17:13

Hi Nigel,
I'm writing the blog 'letters to Nigel Slater' which mumsnet have decided to make one of their featured blogs.
I had a nice e-mail from your agent to say you were enjoying reading it a while back. I hope you are still enjoying it since i have moved on to the Kitchen Diaries 2?
Best wishes,
Hilary Chambers (martha muffett)

HappyTurquorn Wed 12-Dec-12 18:48:41

Marvellous! Thank you, Mumsnet and Nigel for a very enjoyable read after a day of writing job applications.

<mutters> Must look out for any jobs in local cafes! </mutters>

fiddlemethis Wed 12-Dec-12 23:42:28

man, I missed it, I thought he was on tonight..I shall have to bother him via twitter instead then. I love love love the Slater. He has seen me through many a break up, 2 babies and 3 house moves. "If in doubt, go to Slater" is the motto in our house.

frankie4 Thu 13-Dec-12 00:01:43

I am so thrilled that Nigel answered my question! Thank you so much Nigel!

Nigel answered my question grin Thank you, Nigel (and MN) grin <swoons again> Ooh, I've gone a bit hot now...! Yay! MPD

gazzalw Thu 13-Dec-12 07:34:10

Thank you Nigel smile - you're a star! Have a brilliant Christmas!

snigger Thu 13-Dec-12 14:12:33

NOOOOO!

I am properly properly miserable. How did I miss this???

How did I miss the ONE PERSON I would actively stalk in real life in order to talk to, appearing on MN?

<<racking shuddering sobs>>

This constitutes due cause to leave DH in my book, wasting my week with his bloody business woes.

sobsobsob.

AlexMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 16:05:34

Watch Nigel talk about his webchat and favourite biscuit here

frankie4 Thu 13-Dec-12 16:57:38

And my question was his favourite!! Made my day, I'm so happy!

HappyTurquoise Thu 13-Dec-12 18:16:03

Oh, love the little video clips, it really brings the chat to life.

millie19 Thu 13-Dec-12 22:50:00

Have always loved the wonderful Nige (as he's known in our house!) - my kitchen shelves groan under the weight of Appetite, KD1 (KD2 coming for my birthday next week :-)), 30 Minute Meals (another mozzarella pesto chicken recipe lover!), Real Cooking, Tender I & II.....Yes I am marginally obsessed with him and have always loved OFM columns, Observer/Guardian columns etc. No am not a stalker honest! My dad and I loved cooking from his books, I took that love to uni and now cook for my family as a way of keeping his memory alive through our shared love of food sad The way you write about cooking Nigel is like no one else - you write like a big hug in front of a fire on a cold winter's day. Never ever stop, you are an inspiration X

WeWilsonAMerryChristmas Fri 14-Dec-12 16:23:00

Not quite as much behind the scenes giggling as there was on Huge Grant's vid grin

thebluenailbrush Fri 14-Dec-12 17:12:03

yes the giggling was hilarious. Whoever it was turned into a schoolgirl instantly- as i'm sure i would have too!

ThePsychicSatsuma Sun 16-Dec-12 20:53:35

I just knew he'd like yellow tomatoes. sch-ting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now