WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

STOP PRESS! Live pre-wedding webchat with our very own Kate Middleton, TODAY at 1pm

(826 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 26-Apr-11 10:42:28

Hello. We're extremely honoured (and just a little bit over-excited) to announce that royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton is coming to MNHQ for a webchat today at 1pm.

A while back, we put in a formal request for Kate to take part in a Mumsnet webchat (nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that) but, truth be told, we weren't that hopeful, given her other pressing engagements this week.

But then, this morning, the Buckingham Palace Press Office rang to say Miss Middleton had some time this lunchtime between her last dress fitting and her first palace-balcony-etiquette briefing - and would be delighted to drop in and chat to Mumsnetters. Apparently, she's been lurking on Mumsnet quite a lot recently and has been finding the Bridezilla discussions a real eye opener. shock

So, quick, please post your (suitably deferential) questions for Miss Middleton here - and join us for our very first royal webchat at 1pm.

<runs off to buy Duchy Originals and roll out MNHQ red carpet>

purepurple Tue 26-Apr-11 10:44:51

How does she even know about Mumsnet and is the Quenn on here too?

littleducks Tue 26-Apr-11 10:45:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

travellingwilbury Tue 26-Apr-11 10:45:13

I hate myself for this but I am really impressed blush

No questions but well done MNHQ .

MayorNaze Tue 26-Apr-11 10:45:47

shock

no questions Kate, but do enjoy your day, first and foremost you are a young woman marrying the love of your life and I wish you every happiness

FannyFifer Tue 26-Apr-11 10:46:18

Who??? ;)

brookeslay Tue 26-Apr-11 10:47:19

southeastastra Tue 26-Apr-11 10:47:41

ObscureReference Tue 26-Apr-11 10:48:56

Wow MNHQ !! <impressed>

Hi Catherine, just wanted to say congratulations! Have a great day!

Kate, are you following the tradition of old, new, borrowed and blue?

<<tediously trivial>>

Tortoise Tue 26-Apr-11 10:49:12

Wow very impressed MN.

Hi Kate. Are you really nervous? I imagine the pressure to get everything perfect is huge.
I hope you enjoy your wedding day.

thebestisyettocome Tue 26-Apr-11 10:49:18

Heliantha Tue 26-Apr-11 10:50:12

Hello Kate. I'm working this afternoon so won't be able to take part in the live chat, I'm afraid. How worried are you that your life has become so public? Do you think you and William will be able to maintain a space for yourselves when the world seems so eager to watch?

Many congratulations on your impending wedding - I hope you can manage to enjoy it x

travellingwilbury Tue 26-Apr-11 10:50:31

A question for MNHQ . Are you still allowed to call her Kate ? I thought that had been abolished or something ? wink

<<royally naffed orf with cross-posts>>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 26-Apr-11 10:51:29

travellingwilbury

A question for MNHQ . Are you still allowed to call her Kate ? I thought that had been abolished or something ? wink

Really? blush <blows dust off office copy of Debrett's>

PuzzleRocks Tue 26-Apr-11 10:52:45

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 26-Apr-11 10:52:48

Hello Kate, what are you most worried about going wrong on the day?

And how do you plan to defend yourself from media scrutiny longterm?

stealthsquirrelsawaytheeggs Tue 26-Apr-11 10:54:18

Nah - can't be real, surely? Must be a looktype-alike?

(although I could well believe that Kate's DM lurks on MN, given than MNers must be target market for her business)

wheredidyoulastseeit Tue 26-Apr-11 10:54:28

Hi Catherine,we are having a little knees up to celebrate your wedding and it would be nice to include something that you like (in case you decide to drop in after the do at the palace) what dips do you recommend we get in i'm thinking kettle chips and sour cream but could change that to suit, or maybe your prefer something else entirely!

orangina Tue 26-Apr-11 10:54:52

Oooh, am slightly excited! All I want to say is that I hope you have a fabulous day on friday, I hope it can still be a great day for you and William and that it is not all overtaken by the fact that it is a big fat greek royal wedding...

BarbaraBar Tue 26-Apr-11 10:54:59

MillieMummy Tue 26-Apr-11 10:55:23

Catherine,

My question is about your parents and the rest of your close family; how are they coping with the wedding preparations? For most parents a child's wedding is a major event and something they have thought about for years; how are your parents feeling at this stage?

MM

HipposGoBeserk Tue 26-Apr-11 10:55:33

shock

I'm not sure I believe you.

brookeslay Tue 26-Apr-11 10:55:35

I already did your question Chaos please find another albiet trival question...

Where is a Pretty Princess Crown smiley when you need one ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now