WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Live chat with Liz Earle, Tuesday 21 September (1-2pm)

(147 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 16-Sep-10 11:18:51

We're delighted to announce that Liz Earle is going to be joining us at Mumsnet Towers for a live chat on Tuesday 21 September between 1pm and 2pm.

Liz is a broadcaster and best-selling author of over 30 books covering a wide variety of beauty, health and lifestyle issues.

She is also co-founder of the award-winning Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare range. Liz Earle products are regularly revered by Mumsnetters, and Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is cited across the boards as a 'must-have' beauty product.

We hope you can join Liz for the chat on this thread on Tuesday but, if you can't make it, feel free to post your advance questions here.

All Mumsnetters who post a question to Liz on this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a Liz Earle Ultimate Hamper, worth over £170, plus the brand new Botanical Shine Shampoo and Botanical Shine Conditioner for Normal Hair.

To be in with a chance of winning, you must post your question to Liz, on this thread, before the end of the online chat (2pm on Tuesday 21 September). For all other prize draw terms and conditions, see the bottom of the competitions page.

Pennies Thu 16-Sep-10 11:23:33

Oooh, I was looking at Liz Earle stuff this week. My question is...

How come there are no paraben-free SPF15 (or more) daily moisturisers on the market?

I would also be interested in Liz's view on parabens in cosmetics in general.

Pennies Thu 16-Sep-10 11:28:17

OOops. Didn't read the guidelines and have stymied myself by asking two already <virgin Live Chat person>. Can I stick with my first one about the lack of SPF moisturisers without parabens in them pls?

Oh my, I have just discovered Liz Earle, I bought a starter pack with lots of things in and I love love love them, though most have now run out and I am replacing them one by one. I am lucky enough to have my sister in law living in Ryde so it's always my first stop before heading the the beach grin

I did have a Q I was going to email which I have now forgotten, but I would like to say I would love to see a childrens range.

Oh, and also the lip balm is lovely but it makes even sips of water taste of lavender, IMHO it could do with a tone down - sorry!

I do have an actual question now I come to think of it - are you ever going to think about branching into cosmetics? I love going quite bare (I can now go mostly bare after having very bad skin which I always put down to hormones as nothing else worked) but I would love to see a 'matching' (I can't think of a better word) simple set of makeup that I know is good quality like the other products, the ingredients work together etc.

And thankyou for making my skin so much better, it saves me such alot of time in the mornings now!

Echinacea Thu 16-Sep-10 21:41:06

Hi Liz
I've been looking at your website and see that you refer to your products as naturally active skincare. Do you think this is confusing for us as customers - I initially thought this meant it was all natural skincare but have since found out it does contain parabens and propylene glycol which I was hoping to avoid. I found your website when I googled organic skincare and it came up top of the ads as 'natural luxury skincare' - as you can tell i'm very confused!

Gled1 Thu 16-Sep-10 21:54:13

I'm a recent Liz Earle convert and my acne-prone skin has developed a clean glow that I've not seen since..., well forever. I'm especially grateful for the suncare range as I always break-out when using sun-creams.

My question: Are there any plans to expand the suncare range? I'm particularly interested in high factors as my 3yr old daughter suffers from eczema and the so-called extra-sensitive kids sun-creams on the market irritate her skin so badly.

One last thing: I second ASecretLemonadeDrinker's request for a cosmetics range.

Thanks

SixtyFootDoll Fri 17-Sep-10 12:40:21

I cant think of a question but I would like to say my skin has never been better since I started using your products.

I too would love it if you did cosmetics!

Liz, we were at school together and lost touch about ten years ago (as I'm in Brussels you'll know who I am smile). Hope you and the family are all well xx

Pannacotta Fri 17-Sep-10 12:52:47

I love the Liz Earle skincare range but have stopped using it since the company was taken over by Avon.
One of the main reasons I used Liz Earle skin care was for their strict no animal testing policy, Avon doesnt share this approach so I no longer shop at Liz Earle.

All too reminiscent of the Body Shop/L'Oreal takover...

Very disappointing.

rookiemater Fri 17-Sep-10 13:11:49

Oh I didn't know the Liz Earle range had been taken over by Avon shock. Sad consumer sucker that I am it makes me less likely to pay top range prices for a mid/low range brand.

Liz what made you do this ?

JulesJules Fri 17-Sep-10 13:13:26

I LOVE the Cleanse and Polish, and have recommended it on here before.

I can never decide which moisturiser to go for as my skin ticks several boxes - tends to be combination, slightly sensitive, getting a bit haggard er, mature... which would you recommend? And do you use serum as well as, or instead of moisturiser?

Thanks!

Bucharest Fri 17-Sep-10 14:33:26

Erm, not a real question, just thought I'd out myself as the only MNer in the western world who has tried and had to give up with Cleanse and Polish sad I was so looking forward to it, having read so many great testimonials....bought my Mum a box of goodies last Christmas and she is a convert, got my C and P and within 2 days was told that I looked a) like a hardened alcoholic b) like I'd been at myself with the sandpaper....I persevered, thinking, t'is the toxins coming out, but after 10 days I wanted to rip my own face off with the itching and scratching. (I've always used stuff with quite high % of natural oils etc NY etc, so can't imagine it's some new hyper-sensitivity)

I like the pretty boxes though, and will probably continue to buy it for others.

PollyTechnique Fri 17-Sep-10 14:55:57

Have been using your products for over a year now, Liz, and my skin has never looked healthier. Ta muchly, smile.

Glad to see the range is now on sale in my local John Lewis, too.

Q: Is there a reason why your products are not widely available in shops, e.g. Boots? Is that your decision, or theirs?

JackieNo Fri 17-Sep-10 16:46:08

I love loads of the range, but particularly the Superskin Concentrate - it works v well for my, ahem, mature, but still spotty skin.

My question is - how young would you suggest is OK to start using the Cleanse and Polish? My DD is only 10, but is getting quite spot-prone around her nose. Would C&P help, and should she use the light moisturiser as well, or just C&P on its own?

Am very confused about sunscreens. While I try and use only natural ones, and love yours, am quite concerned about the effectiveness.

Also, color me stupid, but what's the difference between the tube of C & P and the pump?

Hello

I love love love C&P, and am always impressed by Liz Earle when I see her on QVC.

My question would be around toner. I like the Instant Boost Skin Tonic very much (it smells divine) but what does it do?

redpanda Fri 17-Sep-10 19:54:15

I'm also a big fan of Liz Earle products. I've used C&P and tonic for donkeys years and more recently am now using the superskin moisturisers (after spells with clarins and aveda).

My Q is are you planning to launch a superskin product for eyes?

P.S. My dh has treated me to two facials in your London salon and they were bloomin' FANTASTIC.

Honeydragon Fri 17-Sep-10 20:27:23

Pennies
use this

(Sorry Liz)

I am also a fan.

My question is, I cannot use any "natural mascaras", the more effective ones that give a good result, including your own make my lashes feel fibourous and itchy (although your lash conditioner does not). I am stuck using mabilline forever or is there something out there for me?

Honeydragon Fri 17-Sep-10 20:29:13

sorry
bad link

I use this

Aubrey organics do spf15

Silvj Sat 18-Sep-10 10:39:56

Any chance of making a womens facial wash to use in the morning?
I love Cleanse & Polish but as my skin is sensitive, I find that I can only use it once a day, usually in the evening.
Thanks.

Anenome Sat 18-Sep-10 12:55:26

Hi Liz! Thanks for joining us here on Mumsnet...I would like to ask you for advice on my skin, I have very pale and sensitive skin and since I hit my late thirties, it has gone downhill...it is dry around the creases of my nose but I also have a strange patch of red skin on one side of my nose below the inner corner of my eye...Dermo said it "could" be acne and gave me antibiotics...no result..patch sometimes itches a little and actually looks like swollen pores! It flares up, dies down but it always very red...I feel self conscious of it! Any ideas as to what to do? It is abuout an inch in diameter...I would be SO grateful for advice. I am not on any medication and have no allergies I know of or health trouble.

MayorNaze Sat 18-Sep-10 15:28:31

i have heard Great Things about C&P but, as someone else stated, none for sale near me and am a bit distrustful of buying skincare on t'net.

i have prob in that unless i use medicated "teen" products, my skin breaks out
BUT i am also getting increasingly old and wrinkly
anti-age stuff is just too rich and clogs the old pores up big time

what do you suggest??

many thanks

bluebump Sat 18-Sep-10 18:06:50

Ooh fantastic. I'm a big fan of Liz's, I always stay up for the TSVs on QVC. I can't think of a question just yet so i'm just bookmarking my place on here for now...

lucysnowe Sat 18-Sep-10 19:51:26

Hi Liz

I like the new fragrance a lot, although I know it's had some mixed reviews.... are there any plans to do another one?

Also: what about shampoos/fragranced body lotion/makeup etc etc????

SmallShips Sat 18-Sep-10 19:53:14

Have you recently tinkered with the C&P formulation? I've been using it for around 2 years and the past month or so I've been noticing that my skin is feeling very dry after using it despite using the skin repair moisturiser.

Big fan, love going into the Ryde store, the girls are lovely.

littlelapin Sat 18-Sep-10 21:55:38

Hi Liz, my mum is a HUGE fan of your Cleanse and Polish so she wants me to say "THANK YOU!" smile

I'm interested in the Avon deal. Avon states that it "does not conduct animal testing on any of its products or raw ingredients and does not require that suppliers of raw ingredients and finished products produced for Avon conduct animal testing on our behalf." (my italics) but this does not cover ingredients that are not specifically developed for Avon or preclude suppliers choosing to test off their own bat. I understand that obviously this deal exposes you to a global market and is an immense opportunity for your company, but were you concerned about the reaction of your existing client base? I know that Avon have said that Liz Earle will be "managed independently as a stand-alone brand" but do you think that your principles will potentially be comprised?

On the other hand - Avon has an excellent philanthropic record, I have a friend in the States who does the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer every year - do you think your firm will become involved in similar activities?

bluebump Sat 18-Sep-10 21:59:54

Ok I still can't think of a decent question other than...

I know you now sell in John Lewis and are involved with Avon, are you still going to be continuing your work with QVC as although I like getting products directly from your website I do look forward to a good TSV, and I was most upset when another company molton brown stopped working with QVC!

sheffmummy Sun 19-Sep-10 10:38:02

Hi Liz

Your range has been a godsend for my hormonal skin so thank you! I love your book skin secrets too, you could do a recipe book on the side to keep us all on the straight and narrow too!

My question is:

I would love to have a Signature facial but dont want to trek into London for it, will it be available anywhere else soon, ie John Lewis stores or even the Isle of Wight store?

Thanks

foofi Sun 19-Sep-10 11:01:18

Have used C&P for many years, and have not found anything to better it. Also really like the superskin moisturiser.

It's really nice getting freebies when ordering from your website, but is there any way of requesting certain items? It's useful to have small sizes of things you like, but I often get sent things that I just don't like or don't use which is obviously a waste. I also think the tissue paper layers are OTT and not environmentally necessary!

(I too would like a Liz Earle facial if it were available nearer to home.)

Haliborange Sun 19-Sep-10 13:21:04

Hello

Since I turned 30 I have the skin of a very unfortunate teenager, which is terribly annoying since I had about three spots during the whole of my teens! The only time my skin is ok is when I am pregnant and obviously I have no desire to spend my life that way.

I was wondering what routine you would recommend for my troublesome skin, given that I quite a high-powered job, two kids, a falling-down house and very little time for facials etc. Also, when I do get a spot what should I do about it? My inclination is to pick at it until there is nothing more to pick but I don't want to end up looking like Kevin the teenager.

Thanks.

SixtyFootDoll Sun 19-Sep-10 17:47:10

Yes Liz as nice as your packaging is, there is a lot of it. Are you going to reduce it?

GinoGinelli Sun 19-Sep-10 17:53:29

liz i HATE washing my face at night. i hate being woken up etcetc
what should i use

ALSO i never had spots ever as a teen. am 40 and using some kind of garnier mosituriser has got a load of them around my chin, is it too simple to presume its the cream?

GinoGinelli Sun 19-Sep-10 17:53:47

and PS do you make tesco b natural?

deepdarkwood Sun 19-Sep-10 21:03:11

Given that everyone who's seen you in person raves about your skin as per earlier thread, other than using your own products smile what are your tips for fabulous skin

<hoping for wine and curry, but know it's more likely to be water and sleep>

dietstartstmoz Sun 19-Sep-10 21:07:35

Hi Liz, I have to admit I have never used your products (in fact don't really use cleansers) but I am late 30's and have a contraceptive implant and since having it I have had lots of spots. I am keen to start using some products and have read rave reviews on MN and was tempted to try your products -have a john lewis close by. I have been using a teenage teatree face wash but as 40 is looming I want to use products to help the anti-ageing but without the spots. What do you recommend? Do you have products that would do both? Thanks

domesticslattern Sun 19-Sep-10 21:09:51

My Q is about facials.

I keep having facials where beauty therapists take advantage of the ten-minutes-while-the-mask-is-on to nip outside and have a break. For some reason this really gets my goat. Probably because I am paying £1 a minute for their ministrations.

If I go for a facial in your treatment rooms, will the therapist give me a lovely hand massage or similar while the mask is on, or bugger off for ten minutes to chat to the receptionist about their Saturday night?

GinoGinelli Sun 19-Sep-10 21:59:57

Ooh domestic. When I pay for a facial k say " don't leave me with a mask on"'and make em do a hand massage

sincitylover Sun 19-Sep-10 22:14:07

Liz

I like cleanse and polish and also eyebright.

can you tell me a bit more about your hair products specifically if there is one for volume?

Thanks

scottishmummy Sun 19-Sep-10 22:17:16

do you produce non branded lines for others?

charlieandlola Sun 19-Sep-10 22:33:24

Are you planning on opening any more salons ?

Would love some treatments but London and Ryde are both 2-3 hours away.

Can you please move to a bigger shop in Ryde ?
TWas rammed when I was in there in August . Would lived to have lingered and tried different products. Couldn't move in the shop and both assistants rushed off their feet . You need more square footage to
make the shopping experience more pleasant imvho.

smugmumofboys Mon 20-Sep-10 12:29:04

Hi Liz. I love your products and am impressed with the hair care - it's great on my thick hair.

My question is: can we have a salon in the Northwest please? I often buy your products at John Lewis in the Trafford Centre or Liverpool - either of these would be great.

Thank you.

bluesky Mon 20-Sep-10 12:39:44

Great to have Liz on mumsnet, especially as we were talking about her new shampoos/conditioners recently on a thread.

I am a regular of C&P and the excellent (but strong smelling - but in a nice way!) spot relief.

Liz, would you consider doing facial wipes?

I love your packaging, customer service and thought the recent magazine/brochure was a really good read.

Shivs1974 Mon 20-Sep-10 12:42:41

I love your products but share the concerns about animal testing.

Is it possible to add a gauge to the side of C&P so that you're not caught unawares that it's going to run out??

mollythetortoise Mon 20-Sep-10 13:32:31

hello Liz, another fan and customer over the past few years..

One quick thing is prices - I used to buy the C&P , toner and moisturiser special offer which was about £32 and good value for money.

In a few short years it is now over £40 so with the P&P , it has sadly become unaffordable for me.

I understand the cost of raw ingredients prob account for most of this increase but any chance of free P&P if you buy over say £40 as that would bring me back as a customer!

thanks Liz

Sislet Mon 20-Sep-10 17:52:52

Hi, I have been using Liz Earle for around 15 years and love all the products. I look forward to chatting on Mumsnet Talk tomorrow and to meet new friends as this is my first posting.xx

Sislet Mon 20-Sep-10 17:56:42

Hi Liz,

I have tried the new hair shampoo and its wonderful, the smell, texture and leaves my hair soft and healthy. It does exactly as it says it does on the tin.

I would recommend anyone giving it a try as I have very sensitive skin and have to now use shampoos that do not have SLS in them as I am now allergic to them.

Love love love it Liz xxxxxxxxx

snigger Mon 20-Sep-10 20:35:03

Hi, Liz, big fan of Wonderbalm, cleanse & polish, and skin tonic spritzer.

As this is a parenting site and all - have you ever considered introducing a junior range? I know you have products aimed at teens, but would a kids range be viable?

I say this because my mother had no skin-care regime at all, and I only started looking after my skin long after I was married - I want my girls to take better care of themselves, and the all natural basis of your products would make them attractive to me for their use. (They already use the cleanser sometimes, tbh - is that a bad thing? Should I stick to Pears?)

Sislet Mon 20-Sep-10 22:46:36

Hi Liz,

I have tried the new hair shampoo and its wonderful, the smell, texture and leaves my hair soft and healthy. It does exactly as it says it does on the tin.

I would recommend anyone giving it a try as I have very sensitive skin and have to now use shampoos that do not have SLS in them as I am now allergic to them.

Love love love it Liz xxxxxxxxx

Harley07 Mon 20-Sep-10 23:40:09

Hi Liz
Recently pregnant with my second child I would like to know if your body moisturisers are safe on the bump?

I'm a big fan of your skincare products, keep up the good work
Many Thanks

weblette Tue 21-Sep-10 08:44:42

Hi Liz,

Another question about young skin.

At what age would you suggest starting a proper 'regime' for skincare and what sort of products would be suitable?

I have a 10 yr old dd who is starting to get a few tiny spots around her nose - I'd really like some advice on how to get her going without drying or damaging her skin.

Thanks!!

mackerel Tue 21-Sep-10 09:31:22

Hi Liz,

I'm also wondering about sunscreens. I really like the superskin moisturiser in the winter when my skin is very dry and I'm getting a bit wrinkly too, but as I have vitiligo on my hands, arms and feet which started after my 1st pregnancy, I've been advised to use a high SPF on my face to limit the possibility of vitiligo spreading there (something I'm quite worried about). I'm slightly confused about your facial moisturisers and the SPF issue. Do they offer the same degree of protection as other face creams?

Thanks,
Mackerel

Hermya321 Tue 21-Sep-10 10:25:45

Hi Liz,

I've recently started using your C & P and love it. I was wondering what products you would recomend for me, I have oily skin and am constantly on the look out for something that will keep me from looking like I've dipped my face in chip fat by the middle of the day.

Also I've heard a lot of people mention your wonder balm, why is it so wonderful? (I'm sorry if that sounds like a dumb question).

Also do you have plans to move into doing make up at some point?

Thanks!!

LilKim82 Tue 21-Sep-10 12:22:57

Hi Liz,

I have just received my shampoo and conditioner yesterday and I LOVE it, my hair is very difficult to manage and I was able to wash, blow dry and style with no problems leaving a very happy me today :-)

My quesion is ..... do you have any plans for any other products? I do not like to use too much product on my hair but would love a heat protection spray for when I straighten it to compliment the shampoo and conditioner.

P.s the smell is devine

Thanks - a devoted fan of all things Liz Earle

StantonHarcourtTheThird Tue 21-Sep-10 12:33:12

Hi Liz, I have had eczema and sensitive skin all my life, and have loved using your products over the 10 years, However, I now seem to have developed a spot problem on my neck and upper back. can you recommend something that will cope with sensitive eczema prone skin but also Bl(*dy spots!!

sarahlou88 Tue 21-Sep-10 12:33:35

Can i take maternity leave at 21 weeks (just over 5 months)?

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 12:42:12

testing!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 21-Sep-10 12:59:04

Liz has arrived at Mumsnet HQ and after various tech hitches (loss of power supply) and a change of desks, she's now ready to answer your questions. Welcome to Mumsnet Liz Earle...

Hello

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:00:29

Hello! Really great to be here and my laptop is now powered up!! :-)

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:02:30

ASecretLemonadeDrinker

Oh my, I have just discovered Liz Earle, I bought a starter pack with lots of things in and I love love love them, though most have now run out and I am replacing them one by one. I am lucky enough to have my sister in law living in Ryde so it's always my first stop before heading the the beach grin

I did have a Q I was going to email which I have now forgotten, but I would like to say I would love to see a childrens range.

Oh, and also the lip balm is lovely but it makes even sips of water taste of lavender, IMHO it could do with a tone down - sorry!

I do have an actual question now I come to think of it - are you ever going to think about branching into cosmetics? I love going quite bare (I can now go mostly bare after having very bad skin which I always put down to hormones as nothing else worked) but I would love to see a 'matching' (I can't think of a better word) simple set of makeup that I know is good quality like the other products, the ingredients work together etc.

And thankyou for making my skin so much better, it saves me such alot of time in the mornings now!

Hi AsecretLemonadeDrinker,

Thank you for your question. Its lovely to hear that you are seeing such great results on your skin from our range! Our customers really are at the heart of everything we do, so we pay close attention to their requests and needs. Although there are no immediate plans to launch a cosmetics range, its something that we know our customers would love (and is something I definitely would love to launch)... so watch this space...!

P.S. having just had another baby, a children's range is on top of my wish list too! I'm currently discussing this with my new product development team... :-)

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:03:13

LilKim82

Hi Liz,

I have just received my shampoo and conditioner yesterday and I LOVE it, my hair is very difficult to manage and I was able to wash, blow dry and style with no problems leaving a very happy me today :-)

My quesion is ..... do you have any plans for any other products? I do not like to use too much product on my hair but would love a heat protection spray for when I straighten it to compliment the shampoo and conditioner.

P.s the smell is devine

Thanks - a devoted fan of all things Liz Earle

Hello - thanks for that - I love it too - having had eczema and a flakey scalp all my life it's great to have a clear scalp at last. I'd love us to do styling products - hopefully in time we will...

EstroGena Tue 21-Sep-10 13:04:41

would you ever consider cosmetic surgery?!?!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:05:30

Pennies

Oooh, I was looking at Liz Earle stuff this week. My question is...

How come there are no paraben-free SPF15 (or more) daily moisturisers on the market?

I would also be interested in Liz's view on parabens in cosmetics in general.

Hi - thank you for your question Pennies.
Firstly I have to say that I don't know about all products on the market but I think you have raised two very interesting points- parabens and UV moisturisers.
Ultimately, product safely is of absolute and paramount importance, especially when products are being used around the eyes and mouth or any delicate skin areas. I have bought non-preserved products in the past only to find they have grown some pretty nasty bugs. I bought one ënaturalí skin cream (which shall remain nameless), only to find that a couple of months after opening it grew asperillus niger, a green toxic mould that causes the deadly farmers lung disease. According to leading British dermatologist Professor Michael Cork, some un-preserved or poorly-preserved skincare has been found to contain the superbug MRSA and could even be fatal. So I hope that puts the safety issue into some kind of perspective. Parabens occur naturally in nature - blueberries (ironically a 'superfood') are full of them and are the reason they last longer in the fruit bowl than strawberries! Their bad press can be traced back to just one piece of (now discredited) research, which even the author has admitted to being flawed.
If you would like to find out more about parabens please take a look at our online preservative fact sheet. I've written about ths issue at length (also in my Skin Secrets book) as I think it's really important.
If we then turn to UV moisturisers, this is a product area that I have also thought long and hard about and I'm not sure it's a good combination. If we think about UV protection then this has to be regularly applied and at a level to ensure the right amount of protection. A moisturiser is used in such a small amount that it's UV screening properties end up being extremely small (some might say negligible). If you were to apply a moisturiser at the level needed for sun protection (ie very thickly!) then you could start to overload the skin. Although a moisturiser is important during the day it is equally important at night and of course we don't then need UV protection then... So - given all this, I genuinely believe it is better to have a separate moisturiser and then a sun protection product that I can wear with it to ensure that I have enough protection without overloading my skin. HTH.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:05:54

StantonHarcourtTheThird

Hi Liz, I have had eczema and sensitive skin all my life, and have loved using your products over the 10 years, However, I now seem to have developed a spot problem on my neck and upper back. can you recommend something that will cope with sensitive eczema prone skin but also Bl(*dy spots!!

HI StantonHarcourtTheThird, sorry to hear about the spots - if they have just started after a decade are they perhaps hormonally related? Could be worth a GP blood test for hormone fluctuations... meanwhile so you have someone who could Cleanse & Polish your back?! Also the Deep Cleansing mask is very good as it contains calming and healing propolis and manuka honey, really HTH

curlytops58 Tue 21-Sep-10 13:06:44

On the Avon sell out. Have been spending a small fortune on a product which I believed to have a full ethical background... now not so sure!! Will the companies original ethics be kept or be lost ie., BodyShop??

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:08:14

EstroGena

would you ever consider cosmetic surgery?!?!

Hello! Well I haven't so far... I also don't do any Botox or fillers, face-freezers etc etc. Any proceedure carries a risk - however small, so it really has to be a personal decision of risk vs benefit. I have to say, more broadly speaking, I don't think we should obsess about every wrinkle - ageing is not a disease needing treatment... ;-)

Greatm thankyou & congratulations grin

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:09:45

Pannacotta

I love the Liz Earle skincare range but have stopped using it since the company was taken over by Avon.
One of the main reasons I used Liz Earle skin care was for their strict no animal testing policy, Avon doesnt share this approach so I no longer shop at Liz Earle.

All too reminiscent of the Body Shop/L'Oreal takover...

Very disappointing.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have stopped using our products. However, let me reassure you that nothing has changed and that none of our products or ingredients are tested on animals. We are still BUAV and still operate a fixed cut-off date. Avon fully supports all of our brand values and will not change any of this. Ever.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:13:13

rookiemater

Oh I didn't know the Liz Earle range had been taken over by Avon shock. Sad consumer sucker that I am it makes me less likely to pay top range prices for a mid/low range brand.

Liz what made you do this ?

Thank you for your question Rookiemater.

The reason is not to change anything in the UK in any way at all, but to give us the resources and local knowledge needed to take our small but highly-prized Naturally Active Skincare range and our message worldwide.

Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare will continue to operate as an independent, standalone beauty brand, led by my co-founder Kim Buckland, me and our original management team. No changes there at all - and none planned either.

Our new ownership gives us an international platform to fly the flag globally - but we will remain firmly rooted in our home in Ryde, on the Isle of Wight, which will remain the brands heart and home. We are all very excited by the new opportunities now open to us. Really hope this goes some way to reassure you.

WreckOfTheHesperus Tue 21-Sep-10 13:13:18

Hi Liz,
Do any of your products help stop cream foundation sliding off the skin after about 30 mins?

EstroGena Tue 21-Sep-10 13:14:16

Thanks Liz, great attitude! Think I will give your products a go! All the best for the future!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:14:42

mackerel

Hi Liz,

I'm also wondering about sunscreens. I really like the superskin moisturiser in the winter when my skin is very dry and I'm getting a bit wrinkly too, but as I have vitiligo on my hands, arms and feet which started after my 1st pregnancy, I've been advised to use a high SPF on my face to limit the possibility of vitiligo spreading there (something I'm quite worried about). I'm slightly confused about your facial moisturisers and the SPF issue. Do they offer the same degree of protection as other face creams?

Thanks,
Mackerel

Hello Mackerel - glad you like Superskin Moisturiser, that's the one I most often use too (I switch between Skin repair Dry/Sensitive too). Really best to use a separate sunscreen to give you proper protection, especially when dealing with something as tricky as vitiligo. We have a great mineral-only sunscreen which I use on face and body - less likely to irritate sensitive skins than the synthetic variety (watch out for benzophenones and cinnamates on the ingredient listings - can be problematic for some, especially with prickly heat). Hope this is of some help. all the best.

Curlylox Tue 21-Sep-10 13:16:32

Hi Liz

Can you recommend something for acne scarring please?

mackerel Tue 21-Sep-10 13:17:11

Thanks Liz - I've not tried your sunscreen but does it absorb well because I find sunscreen can be a bit thick and greasy on faces? Does the superskin moisturizer offer any protection at all? Thanks.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:18:17

WreckOfTheHesperus

Hi Liz,
Do any of your products help stop cream foundation sliding off the skin after about 30 mins?

Hello WreckOfTheHesperus (always wondered how to spell that!) - try Skin Repair Light. Very matt and loved by make-up artists as a great base for the skin. Good at 'mattifying' too if you have shiny patches, HTC

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:19:42

JulesJules

I LOVE the Cleanse and Polish, and have recommended it on here before.

I can never decide which moisturiser to go for as my skin ticks several boxes - tends to be combination, slightly sensitive, getting a bit haggard er, mature... which would you recommend? And do you use serum as well as, or instead of moisturiser?

Thanks!

Hi JulesJule,

Thanks for your questions. I'm so pleased to hear that you are seeing great results from our (legendary) Cleanse & Polish!
You're in good company. Do you know its now won over 50 independent awards and accolades?! As you mentioned that you suffer from mature, sensitive, combination skin, I would def recommend our Superskin Moisturiser and Superskin Concentrate.

I think that a little Superskin magic is just what your skin needs. Specially formulated with powerful naturally active ingredients rich in GLA, omega-3 and antioxidants, these botanical skin-savers plump, smooth and deeply moisturise mature skin.

Use our Superskin Concentrate as a restoring night-time treat for your skin after cleansing and toning before or after moisturising. With softening argan and organic rosehip oils, soothing neroli, lavender and chamomile essential oils plus protective natural source vitamin E. Kim and I actually made Superskin Moisturiser for ourselves as we grew older... this rich luxurious and fragrance-free moisturiser is specially formulated to help mature skin. I would never - ever - not ever leave home without it.

margherita76 Tue 21-Sep-10 13:19:46

Hi Liz

When I buy a moisturizer the one thing that always gets me confused / annoyed is why should we buy on for the day and one for the night - is it just a matter of SPF?

curlytops58 Tue 21-Sep-10 13:21:05

Thank you for the response. It is'nt just the animal testing thought but also the Fair Trade side. I know that not all parts of the product can be protected but it surely stands a better chance with a smaller organization?

mackerel Tue 21-Sep-10 13:21:42

Sorry Liz - just read yr reply to someone else above re sunscreens nd moisturisers. Thanks. Can I just say your Superskin Concentrate is my absolute favourite and also makes me sleep well!

Sislet Tue 21-Sep-10 13:22:52

Hi Liz,

Are you considering to bring out a make up range in the future? If not could you give us a clue to what might be coming out soon.

I absolutley love your products and have been using them for around 14 years now and have noticed a great difference in my skin. I now have ourteenage daughter and son using C & P and skin repair. My husband is more reluctant to use C & P regularly for some reason.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:22:56

margherita76

Hi Liz

When I buy a moisturizer the one thing that always gets me confused / annoyed is why should we buy on for the day and one for the night - is it just a matter of SPF?

I quite agree Margherita76! That's why our moisturisers are for daytime and nighttime use (although if you do like a richer, more nourishing cream you can use Superskin at bedtime. I do think you need to use a separate sunscreen when going out into the sunshine (not so critical in wintertime). Do remember than make-up gives some degree of physical protection too - ie foundation, powder, will give some UV cover also :-)

youremindmeofthebabe Tue 21-Sep-10 13:24:38

Hi Liz.

I used your cleanse and polish and liked everything about it, unfortunately it didn't like me and after around 2 months i started developing little pimples all over my face. I do suffer with combination skin, but these spots were not my usual ones, IYSWIM. Can you recommend anything else for my spotty and greasy teenager in body of 31 year old skin?

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:25:23

Curlylox

Hi Liz

Can you recommend something for acne scarring please?

Yes - Superskin Concentrate is really good for this. Not an overnight miracle cure but used little and often is can really help, thanks largely to the organic rosehip oil it contains (don't use this on 'active' acne though as it could cause a flare-up). I also use our Superbalm Concentrate on post-surgical scarring, stretch marks etc etc. HTH

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:26:28

Bucharest

Erm, not a real question, just thought I'd out myself as the only MNer in the western world who has tried and had to give up with Cleanse and Polish sad I was so looking forward to it, having read so many great testimonials....bought my Mum a box of goodies last Christmas and she is a convert, got my C and P and within 2 days was told that I looked a) like a hardened alcoholic b) like I'd been at myself with the sandpaper....I persevered, thinking, t'is the toxins coming out, but after 10 days I wanted to rip my own face off with the itching and scratching. (I've always used stuff with quite high % of natural oils etc NY etc, so can't imagine it's some new hyper-sensitivity)

I like the pretty boxes though, and will probably continue to buy it for others.

Hi Bucharest and also youremindmeofthebabe,

I am really very sorry to learn of your experience with our Cleanse & Polish.
All our formulations are as mild and gentle as possible, even for those with the most sensitive skin. It is very rare for us to hear of an allergic reaction, but unfortunately, even the most natural ingredients can cause sensitivity for a very few people, in the same way that some foods can.
The only thing I can suggest is washing the cloths lots before use so they become very soft (maybe you 'polished' a bit too hard??). Washing the cloths in plain water can help some with super-sensitive skins too as the detergent residues left behind after washing can disrupt some skins.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:26:37

mackerel

Sorry Liz - just read yr reply to someone else above re sunscreens nd moisturisers. Thanks. Can I just say your Superskin Concentrate is my absolute favourite and also makes me sleep well!

Thanks! (me too)

PlumBumMum Tue 21-Sep-10 13:26:53

Hi Liz,
like JulesJules I have used Cleanse & polish, and have been browsing your website to put together a christmas package for myself from dhgrin

I have an under active thyroid but would find fore head greasy but tops of cheeks dry, I am young 33 but can see the fine lines starting to creep in, so I am also confused about moisturiser, and is there anything else you would recommend?

Thanks

SusanY Tue 21-Sep-10 13:28:44

Hi Liz,
Can you advise which products would be suitable for pregnancy to prevent stretch marks?

Curlylox Tue 21-Sep-10 13:28:56

Re acne scarring, so I would use the Superskin Concentrate on top of moisturiser?

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:30:14

[

curlytops58

On the Avon sell out. Have been spending a small fortune on a product which I believed to have a full ethical background... now not so sure!! Will the companies original ethics be kept or be lost ie., BodyShop??

Hello Curlytops58
Nothing will change - our ethics will not be lost, they will have the opportunity to be spread further afield, which is a good thing.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:31:33

PollyTechnique

Have been using your products for over a year now, Liz, and my skin has never looked healthier. Ta muchly, smile.

Glad to see the range is now on sale in my local John Lewis, too.

Q: Is there a reason why your products are not widely available in shops, e.g. Boots? Is that your decision, or theirs?

Hi PollyTechnique,

Thank you for your question. We really pride ourselves on great customer service; from the way our in-house ethno-botanists expertly source our naturally active ingredients, to the careful hand-tissue-wrapping of our products before they are mailed to our customers so that they arrive like a special present; to the information packed newsletters that we send to our customers - and the specialist training of our Customer Care team.

Customer service is at the heart of our brand and because of our commitment to service and John Lewis offered us the perfect retail opportunity to put this into practise. It is a partnership between two companies with a like-minded philosophy of delivering first class service, honesty and integrity and with stores that provide national coverage in key cities and towns across the UK. Every store has dedicated Liz Earle customer advisor's who are experts in all things 'Liz Earle', drawing on their expertise to resolve any skin concerns or questions a customer may have. All this takes time and we have yet to be stocked in every John Lewis branch.

Once this has been achieved and is working well we may well look at other retail outlets, but we believe in crawl-walk-run and getting things right slowly but surely. HTH :-)

f1recr4cker Tue 21-Sep-10 13:32:46

many women are disgusted at your recent choice of the model sanctuary. Don't you think there are more worthier causes out there ie servicemen and women, mums, nurses etc...

PollyTechnique Tue 21-Sep-10 13:35:13

Thanks for your reply, Liz, and many congratulations on your new baby!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:35:16

Hermya321

Hi Liz,

I've recently started using your C & P and love it. I was wondering what products you would recomend for me, I have oily skin and am constantly on the look out for something that will keep me from looking like I've dipped my face in chip fat by the middle of the day.

Also I've heard a lot of people mention your wonder balm, why is it so wonderful? (I'm sorry if that sounds like a dumb question).

Also do you have plans to move into doing make up at some point?

Thanks!!

hello there - so pleased you love C&P. I would really recommend Skin Repair Light (for oily skins), helps to mattify. also our Deep Cleansing Mask a couple of times a week. I think you may be thinking of Superbalm? A really great pure plant balm that comes to our skin's rescue (bit like Superman, hence the name!), a versatile little jar - lips, nails, cuticles, dry flakey patches, makes tea - oh no, not, not that last one sadly... ;-)
Make-up - hopefully one day, yes

duffy Tue 21-Sep-10 13:37:03

Hi Liz,
Any advice for my 12 year old daughter who has developed loads of forehead spots and a rash of blackheads across her cheekbones. Should you treat, leave, squeeze?
Would you advise any of your products?

Thanks.

Mo1969 Tue 21-Sep-10 13:37:48

Who's decision was it to support the 'Model Sanctuary'? This strikes me (and many many others judging by Facebook postings) as a very bad PR decision and totally out of keeping with your brand values.

Liz Earle is a luxury brand which in today's economic climate is increasingly hard to justify, despite the fantastic products, so to see pampered models being pampered for free when so many others are more deserving is frankly insulting to your core market.

Kellieanne Tue 21-Sep-10 13:38:17

Hi Liz.......Love your superskin moisturiser. It is the best moisturiser I have ever used. It is so gentle for my sensitive face and leaves your face so moisturised like silk.
HOWEVER is there anyway you could bring out a superskin with mineral sunscreen, with the same consistency. Similar to the eye cream that contains spf 10 equivalent?? or perhaps a tinted moisturiser with sunscreen.

I have fabulous skin but no sun protection. Your regular sunscreen is too thick to put on my skin. Hope you can advise Liz? Thank you smile

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:39:40

JackieNo

I love loads of the range, but particularly the Superskin Concentrate - it works v well for my, ahem, mature, but still spotty skin.

My question is - how young would you suggest is OK to start using the Cleanse and Polish? My DD is only 10, but is getting quite spot-prone around her nose. Would C&P help, and should she use the light moisturiser as well, or just C&P on its own?

Hi JackieNo.

Thank you for your question. It's lovely to hear that you are seeing such great results from our Superskin Concentrate! As the mother of two teenagers, I've first-hand experience of tricky young skin. The most important starting point is a good cleanser and if you get this right, young skin is more likely to behave.

Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is the most perfect choice as it gently exfoliates and deeply cleanses pores without stripping or irritating hormonally upset skin.

Its blend of pure plant oils (not pore-clogging mineral oils) dissolves plugs of sebum whilst purifying extracts of antiseptic eucalyptus and rosemary help bust spot-causing bacteria. The muslin cloth is also perfect for the gentle daily exfoliation needed to keep skin clear. Good for both boys and girls, Cleanse & Polish is the most-pinched item from my bathroom by my teenage daughter and son (but it gives great skin results, so I don't actually mind!).

I also have a DD fast approaching 10 and she uses C&P a couple of times a week. She doesn't need Skin Repair Light yet - probably around the age of 13-14, depending on whether she turns out to have inherited my dry skin or not.

keepitsimple Tue 21-Sep-10 13:39:51

Hi Liz, I love the Botanical Essence No. 1 (and so does my husband, on me that is!) and I really appreciate the all-natural formulation, as most perfumes either give me a rash or make me wheezy. Do you have any plans to bring out any more fragrance?

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:41:54

f1recr4cker

many women are disgusted at your recent choice of the model sanctuary. Don't you think there are more worthier causes out there ie servicemen and women, mums, nurses etc...

Hello Firecr4cker
We all need a bit of TLC these days and yes, I agree there are so very many worthwhile people to support. Charitable initiatives and giving-back has always been a fundamntal part of the way Kim and I work, since Day One. We just haven't spoken much about it. With our new-look website we hope to be able to have a specific area to let everyone know about our work here - support for women's refuges, soldiers, carers, help in developing countries and much more. Hopefully this will give a small insight into much of what goes on behind the scenes in these vitally important and needy areas. HTH

Catilla Tue 21-Sep-10 13:42:23

I'd been ignoring this webchat because my skin is so sensitive I normally stick with my tried-and-trusted (and cheaper) brands. But reading through it I am intrigued that several people seem to have made a real difference to their skin with these products.

I have a history of eczema and its adult incarnation seems to be varying areas of itchy skin as a hay fever / animal allergy reaction. I keep control of it best through antihistamines, no soap/cleanser on my face, and lots and lots of moisturiser, mostly old-fashioned Nivea lotion and E45 cream. My skin still looks red & blotchy though, and is very sensitive: my cheekbone areas go red with a little sun or a hot shower. I have worn makeup about 5 times since my wedding 10 years ago - always feel it will either make me sore, or I'll need to be touching/creaming my face during the day which will spoil it. (plus I'm lazy!).

My question is, therefore, how & why can I trust that one of your products is going to make the difference for my skin, at a price which is so much higher than I pay for my beloved E45?

Thanks!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:45:03

ilovemydogandMrObama

Am very confused about sunscreens. While I try and use only natural ones, and love yours, am quite concerned about the effectiveness.

Also, color me stupid, but what's the difference between the tube of C & P and the pump?

Hi ilovemydogandMrObama,

Thank you for your question regarding sunscreens. Using the right type of sun cream is crucial. I only ever use a sun cream with a physical barrier, such as a blend of the minerals titanium and zinc oxide, which give broad-spectrum UVA/UVB coverage.
These minerals stay on the surface of the skin and act as a superfine protective veil, literally bouncing the rays away from the skin.
All sun protection products, conventional and mineral, must undergo stringent testing before they go on sale. New EU labelling guidelines recommend that UVA (ageing) protection must equal one-third of a product's stated SPF levels, which relate to UVB (burning) protection. You can be sure your suncream conforms to these new guidelines by looking for the round UVA symbol on the pack.
I firmly believe suncare should focus on high-performance, safe, mineral-based sun protection with added skin-saving benefits from potent plant-based antioxidants, such as green tea and pomegranate. Mineral-based sunscreens are also the safest for your skin as they reflect away rather than absorb harmful UVB and UVA rays which can lead to skin damage and premature ageing, and they provide protection from the moment they are applied.

They are also far less likely to cause skin sensitivity than synthetic chemical versions (I've written quite a bit about this on our website and in my Skin Secrets book).

Perfect for the whole family, including toddlers and young skin, our LE Mineral Sun Cream SPF20 is also enriched with pure shea butter and natural-source vitamin E to keep skin smooth. Its all-round UVA and UVB protection conforms to the latest European guidelines, so it is classified as a Medium Protection Sun Cream SPF20 with a one-to-three UVA-to-UVB protection level.
There is no difference between the tube of Cleanse & Polish and the pump version - just the way its packaged!

happysunnymummy Tue 21-Sep-10 13:48:15

Hi Liz,

I love, love, love all your products; particularly the Eyebright lotion which is fab for my tired new-mum eyes. I was wonderng if you had any plans to branch out into cosmetics in the future?

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:49:13

curlytops58

Thank you for the response. It is'nt just the animal testing thought but also the Fair Trade side. I know that not all parts of the product can be protected but it surely stands a better chance with a smaller organization?

Hi again Curlytops58
I agree - we work with so many overseas NGOs in developing countries as well as organic farmers and growers more locally in the UK. Fairtrade was originally developed for food ingredients. There are only a few ingredients that can be used in skincare that are classified as Fair Trade. we always consider a great number of factors, including local, sustainable, organic, community projects, support for the smaller farmer etc when sourcing our ingredients. it is so important to us, which is why we have our own in house ethno-botanist, Jennifer Hirsh - do read her on-line Blogs on our website or take a look at some of our video clips of the people we work with in this area (either on lizearle.com or YouTube. thanks for flagging this important area :-)

mamabear1 Tue 21-Sep-10 13:51:09

Hi Liz...Did not know much about this brand...I used to have clear skin until i got pregnant. Since then (4 yrs) I look awful...older spottier with dark patches and black around eyes...I'm of an Asian origin. Thanks

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:52:06

happysunnymummy

Hi Liz,

I love, love, love all your products; particularly the Eyebright lotion which is fab for my tired new-mum eyes. I was wonderng if you had any plans to branch out into cosmetics in the future?

Hello happysunnymummy
What a great pseudoname :-) I wish I was always a happy sunny mummy... My youngest is six months today and my sleep is now being broken by the dreaded teething (having JUST got him to go through the night - typical!!). So I too depend on Eyebright (keep mine in the fridge to make cotton wool compresses - really good). I'd love us to do make-up. Hopefully one day :-)

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:53:14

DreamsInBinary

Hello

I love love love C&P, and am always impressed by Liz Earle when I see her on QVC.

My question would be around toner. I like the Instant Boost Skin Tonic very much (it smells divine) but what does it do?

Hello DreamsInBinary,

Thank you very much. Thanks also for your question regarding our Instant Boost Skin Tonic and what it does for your skin.

Often ignored, toner is useful for temporarily refining the appearance of open pores and prepares skin for moisturiser.

Instant Boost Skin Tonic does exactly what it says on the bottle - gives skin a visible lift and boost. I can really see a difference in terms of brightness and vitality on the days when I use the tonic vs days if I don't.

I also use our spritzer version to rehydrate skin when I need a boost; I took it to hospital recently in my labour bag and I keep a small spritzer bottle in the glove box of the car! It's also great for setting your make-up and giving a fresh, dewy look.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:55:54

mamabear1

Hi Liz...Did not know much about this brand...I used to have clear skin until i got pregnant. Since then (4 yrs) I look awful...older spottier with dark patches and black around eyes...I'm of an Asian origin. Thanks

Hello Mambear1 - great to hear from you. we have a lot of Asian-origin customers (well, all skin shades really as C&P especially works across all types and ages of skin). Cleanse and Polish is your starting point - a fab hot cloth cleanser containing purifying extracts of rosemary and eucalyptus. For dark circles I recommend Eyebright (does what it says on the pack...) also Daily Eye Repair, a great cream with tiny light-reflective particles that instantly help conceal dark shadows. it really makes me look as though I've had a good night's sleep - even when I haven't!! HTH

AndiMac Tue 21-Sep-10 13:56:27

As someone who hasn't worn make up very regularly in several years, where's the best place to start if I want to wearing it again? What do I need and where do I find out what the styles now are without just finding the style/colour of the month?

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 13:57:13

redpanda

I'm also a big fan of Liz Earle products. I've used C&P and tonic for donkeys years and more recently am now using the superskin moisturisers (after spells with clarins and aveda).

My Q is are you planning to launch a superskin product for eyes?

P.S. My dh has treated me to two facials in your London salon and they were bloomin' FANTASTIC.

Hi redpanda,

I'm genuinely thrilled to hear that you are also a big fan of our products and that you enjoyed your facial at our flagship London store! It is great to hear that you are using our Superskin Moisturiser, and regarding your question for a Superskin product for the eye area and you will be pleased to know that we have a fantastic Superskin treatment called Superskin Eye & Lip Treatment!
This powerful serum contains naturally active ingredients which work hard to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

A potent blend of organic pear seed extract, (fabulous for firming the skin), West African shea butter, cranberry, rosehip and borage seed oils leaves the delicate eye and lip contours looking and feeling plump, smooth, firm and rejuvenated.

Apply day and night, gently tapping around your eye socket bone, lip line and any other areas prone to lines and wrinkles.

P.S. I love the facials too - I always forget to book in advance but my Top Tip is to call on the day for a cancellation - I've always been able to find a slot this way ;-)

JulesJules Tue 21-Sep-10 13:57:27

Thank you so much for answering my question!

(Nick Clegg take note grin)

pinkfizzle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:01:33

Are there any super foods which are good for the skin?

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:01:58

Catilla

I'd been ignoring this webchat because my skin is so sensitive I normally stick with my tried-and-trusted (and cheaper) brands. But reading through it I am intrigued that several people seem to have made a real difference to their skin with these products.

I have a history of eczema and its adult incarnation seems to be varying areas of itchy skin as a hay fever / animal allergy reaction. I keep control of it best through antihistamines, no soap/cleanser on my face, and lots and lots of moisturiser, mostly old-fashioned Nivea lotion and E45 cream. My skin still looks red & blotchy though, and is very sensitive: my cheekbone areas go red with a little sun or a hot shower. I have worn makeup about 5 times since my wedding 10 years ago - always feel it will either make me sore, or I'll need to be touching/creaming my face during the day which will spoil it. (plus I'm lazy!).

My question is, therefore, how & why can I trust that one of your products is going to make the difference for my skin, at a price which is so much higher than I pay for my beloved E45?

Thanks!

Hello - yes, we do have an unusually high number of customers with sensitive skins. many of whom say they come to us as a last resort having tried everything else! I would suggest trying just Cleanse and Polish and Superskin Moisturiser. nothing else to start with. The good thing is that you can buy small mini travel sizes of just about everything we do, making it much less expensive to experiment. Nothing worse than forking out a hefty sum for a large jar of something only to find it disagrees with you. Do call one of our customer care experts (see website for info) and they will very gladly chat you through what we do - absolutely no sales pressure. just for the record, please don't EVER use an aqueous cream containing sodium lauryl sulphate on a baby/youngsters skin, especially if they have eczema. this synthetic detergent is not meant to be left on the skin and can actually make fragile skin worse (very interesting research being done here by dermatologist professor Mike Cork at Sheffield). I feel REALLY strongly about this (my soap box moment). HTH

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 21-Sep-10 14:02:59

Many thanks to Liz for answering so many questions. We'll be posting up her answers to some of the advance questions shortly and of course announcing the winner of the fab hamper. If you're interested in hearing more about LE products, visit Liz Earle.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:04:35

Honeydragon

Pennies
use this

(Sorry Liz)

I am also a fan.

My question is, I cannot use any "natural mascaras", the more effective ones that give a good result, including your own make my lashes feel fibourous and itchy (although your lash conditioner does not). I am stuck using mabilline forever or is there something out there for me?

Hi Honeydragon,

Many thanks for your question. We don't make colour cosmetics at the moment so there is not currently a Liz Earle mascara available but watch this space! I have a similar problem to you and find Lancome Definicils pretty good.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:05:49

Silvj

Any chance of making a womens facial wash to use in the morning?
I love Cleanse & Polish but as my skin is sensitive, I find that I can only use it once a day, usually in the evening.
Thanks.

Hi Silvj,

Many thanks for your message. Sorry to hear that you have sensitive skin and can only use our Cleanse & Polish once a day. I'd be very wary of a facial wash as anything that foams on the face can overly strip the skin - not the thing for you if you are already sensitive.

Have you tried just using a well-washed (ie nice and soft) muslin cloth just on its own in the shower in the morning and saving your C&P for evening dirt, make-up and general grime removal??

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:07:09

Anenome

Hi Liz! Thanks for joining us here on Mumsnet...I would like to ask you for advice on my skin, I have very pale and sensitive skin and since I hit my late thirties, it has gone downhill...it is dry around the creases of my nose but I also have a strange patch of red skin on one side of my nose below the inner corner of my eye...Dermo said it "could" be acne and gave me antibiotics...no result..patch sometimes itches a little and actually looks like swollen pores! It flares up, dies down but it always very red...I feel self conscious of it! Any ideas as to what to do? It is abuout an inch in diameter...I would be SO grateful for advice. I am not on any medication and have no allergies I know of or health trouble.

Hi Anenome,

Many thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that you are suffering with your skin at the moment. All the products in our Naturally Active Skincare range are formulated to be extremely gentle and are used by many people with sensitive skin.

However, as a common sense precaution, we recommend a patch test is carried out prior to first application. First and foremost I would recommend that you start with a regular cleansing routine. Use a gentle plant based cleanser like the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish both morning and night.

Then to help with the dry areas of skin, I would recommend our Superskin Moisturiser as it is specially formulated to help dry skin plus it is great for sensitive skins as it is fragrance-free with no essential oils. I'd just stick with these two products for the time being - best of luck - please let us know how you get on.

Porpoise Tue 21-Sep-10 14:08:46

Hello Liz - hope I'm not too late to ask you a question?

Do you have any brilliant tips for people like me who have rosacea?

Bucharest Tue 21-Sep-10 14:11:19

Thank you for answering me! I will try again,and maybe polish more gently! smile

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:11:46

MayorNaze

i have heard Great Things about C&P but, as someone else stated, none for sale near me and am a bit distrustful of buying skincare on t'net.

i have prob in that unless i use medicated "teen" products, my skin breaks out
BUT i am also getting increasingly old and wrinkly
anti-age stuff is just too rich and clogs the old pores up big time

what do you suggest??

many thanks

Hi MayorNaze,

Many thanks for your questions. If you are concerned about shopping over the internet you can call our expert in-house customer centre and they will be able to take an order for you or if you simply want some expert skincare advice they are always more than happy just to chat.
When you call us you'll be treated to a very individual and personal experience and our team will be able to provide you with advice bespoke to your skincare needs and think of them as "personal shoppers" for your skin.
In terms of products, I would recommend that you start off with Cleanse & Polish. As our skin is oil-based, it's crucial to use an oil-based cleanser as soap-based cleansers can alter its natural pH balance, leading to dry or oily skin and spots. Plus ñ the gentle exfoliating action of the muslin cloth increases cell renewal by buffing away dead skin cells, helping to keep skin clear of blemishes and excel oil leaving it radiant and youthful looking. If you really don't like it (highly unlikely in our experience!) just send it back for a refund :-) We also sell virtually everything we make in small travel and try-me sizes, perfect for a bit of lower-cost experimentation without having to spend a fortune on something you find doesn't work for you. HTH.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:14:10

lucysnowe

Hi Liz

I like the new fragrance a lot, although I know it's had some mixed reviews.... are there any plans to do another one?

Also: what about shampoos/fragranced body lotion/makeup etc etc????

Hi lucysnowe,

Many thanks for your message I'm thrilled to hear that you like our Botanical Essence No.1. Creating another fine fragrance is something Kim and I would love to do as we really enjoyed creating our first. Takes ages though. We are just starting out on our fragrance journey but I love the ideas you have mentioned here, especially a Botanical Essence No.1 fragranced body lotion - this is something that many of our customers have requested so watch this space! We log every request so if enough people want it...

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:18:51

SmallShips

Have you recently tinkered with the C&P formulation? I've been using it for around 2 years and the past month or so I've been noticing that my skin is feeling very dry after using it despite using the skin repair moisturiser.

Big fan, love going into the Ryde store, the girls are lovely.

Hi SmallShips,

Many thanks for your message and Thanks also for being a big fan and really pleased to hear that you love going into our store in Ryde, on the Isle of Wight.
Thank you for your comments about our Cleanse & Polish formulation. We started to phase out almond milk from Cleanse & Polish back in early 2008, as it had the potential to cause allergies in some nut-allergy customers and we had many requests from these customers, so we felt this was the responsible thing to do. It was only present in a tiny quantity and we tested and tested the newer version and found no difference in the way it looks, feels or performs. As we say in our literature, you may occasionally notice changes in a products' texture, colour etc due to the fact that they contain very high levels of natural ingredients, which are subject to the vaguaries of climate and harvest changes, unlike synthetics these ingredients are not identical year after year, so some variations can be expected. But ultimately, if you're ever unhappy about anything, please return it for a full refund.

We always welcome feedback, favourable or otherwise. Although we have not made any changes recently to our Cleanse & Polish formulation, our skins needs change over time and although it can become oilier it often can become drier too. Many people find that they notice a change in their skin from summer to winter and sometimes need to 'tweak' their skincare regime accordingly.

You do not mention which Skin Repair Moisturiser you are using, but you may find using a slightly richer formulation is helpful so you may want to switch to a richer Skin Repair or step up to our Superskin Moisturiser now that the weather is a little colder.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:21:04

littlelapin

Hi Liz, my mum is a HUGE fan of your Cleanse and Polish so she wants me to say "THANK YOU!" smile

I'm interested in the Avon deal. Avon states that it "does not conduct animal testing on any of its products or raw ingredients and does not require that suppliers of raw ingredients and finished products produced for Avon conduct animal testing on our behalf." (my italics) but this does not cover ingredients that are not specifically developed for Avon or preclude suppliers choosing to test off their own bat. I understand that obviously this deal exposes you to a global market and is an immense opportunity for your company, but were you concerned about the reaction of your existing client base? I know that Avon have said that Liz Earle will be "managed independently as a stand-alone brand" but do you think that your principles will potentially be comprised?

On the other hand - Avon has an excellent philanthropic record, I have a friend in the States who does the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer every year - do you think your firm will become involved in similar activities?

Hi littlelapin,

I am thrilled to hear that your mum is a huge fan of Cleanse & Polish! Let me reassure you that since our acquisition by Avon nothing has changed and that none of our products or ingredients are tested on animals.
Our principles will absolutely NOT be compromised. Avon fully supports all of our brand values and we will remain true to our philosophy and none of our principles will change, including our ethics and our stance on animal testing.

Regarding Avons excellent philanthropic record and their commitment to women, their company slogan is the company for women which resonates very much with us here at Liz Earle. As a company, founded and run by women, that's always been our approach and very much a policy we adhere to today. Avons initiatives are very much in tune with the charitable activities myself and my co-founder Kim pledged to support when the company was founded 15 years ago. We very much look forward to taking these principles and ethics to a very much larger audience worldwide. Such a fantastic opportunity to make changes for the better globally :-)

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:22:34

bluebump

Ok I still can't think of a decent question other than...

I know you now sell in John Lewis and are involved with Avon, are you still going to be continuing your work with QVC as although I like getting products directly from your website I do look forward to a good TSV, and I was most upset when another company molton brown stopped working with QVC!

Hi bluebump,

Many thanks for your question. We most definitely will be continuing to work with QVC as we know that so many of our customers love to shop with us via QVC - especially when we have a great TSV! So don't worry we have no plans to stop working with the QVC team. If anything, our hours have been increasing on QVC as our team expands, with Jennifer, Caroline and Jo all hosting great shows in addition to me :-)

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:30:30

sheffmummy

Hi Liz

Your range has been a godsend for my hormonal skin so thank you! I love your book skin secrets too, you could do a recipe book on the side to keep us all on the straight and narrow too!

My question is:

I would love to have a Signature facial but dont want to trek into London for it, will it be available anywhere else soon, ie John Lewis stores or even the Isle of Wight store?

Thanks

Hi sheffmummy,
I am delighted to hear that the range has helped your hormonal skin and that you have enjoyed reading Skin Secrets. I love the idea of a recipe book! Would love to do it one day when I have more time (haha).

Regarding our Signature Facial, you are correct, at the moment it is only available at our flagship store in London. We would love to be able to bring our special Liz Earle treatments to more people around the country so it is something we will be looking into so watch this space! (yes, really).

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:32:22

foofi

Have used C&P for many years, and have not found anything to better it. Also really like the superskin moisturiser.

It's really nice getting freebies when ordering from your website, but is there any way of requesting certain items? It's useful to have small sizes of things you like, but I often get sent things that I just don't like or don't use which is obviously a waste. I also think the tissue paper layers are OTT and not environmentally necessary!

(I too would like a Liz Earle facial if it were available nearer to home.)

Hi foofi,
I am delighted to hear that you have used our Cleanse & Polish for many years and that you have not found anything to better it. It is also great to read that you like our Superskin Moisturiser too.
Regarding the complementary try-me size products that we treat you with whenever you shop with us online, by phone or at our Liz Earle stores, we always try to gift you with something new to try. You never know what you might like until you try! However, you absolutely can request certain products to try.

All you need to do is ask for the complimentary try-me size product you would like when you place your order via the phone or when you are at the counter in one of our Liz Earle stores. If you are ordering online at lizearle.com you can request the travel size complimentary product of your choice by inserting your request into the web comments box when placing your order, this is at stage 5 of the online check out process.
Regarding our hand tissue wrapping, part of our customer service is to ensure we provide those special finishing touches that make our products such a pleasure to receive and make our customers feel so valued ñ and we receive lots of lovely feedback from customers who love our tissue hand wrapping. However, we are more than happy to send products unwrapped and with minimum paperwork if our customers prefer. Again, if ordering by phone you can request this from our advisor's and if you request this in the web comments box when placing an order we will gladly arrange this for you (the comments box can be found at stage 5 of the checkout process).

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:33:20

Haliborange

Hello

Since I turned 30 I have the skin of a very unfortunate teenager, which is terribly annoying since I had about three spots during the whole of my teens! The only time my skin is ok is when I am pregnant and obviously I have no desire to spend my life that way.

I was wondering what routine you would recommend for my troublesome skin, given that I quite a high-powered job, two kids, a falling-down house and very little time for facials etc. Also, when I do get a spot what should I do about it? My inclination is to pick at it until there is nothing more to pick but I don't want to end up looking like Kevin the teenager.

Thanks.

Hi Haliborange,
I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering with your skin at the moment. Acne occurring past your teens can either be hormonal, stress or diet related. I would advise against a high intake of salt, sugar and cow's milk, and recommend you choose anti-inflammatory foods (such as garlic/omegas 3 & 6) and food rich in anti-oxidants. Select skincare products high in protective ingredients such as naturally sourced vitamin E and plant oils. Our Deep Cleansing Mask (with green clay and manuka honey) is a great treatment for excess oils, inflammation and breakouts. It can be mixed with Cleanse & Polish or used alone as an intensive mask twice weekly for 10 minutes. Try to have a de-stressing treat once a week, even if it is just a 5 minute bath with some soothing candles. Stressed mind and body=stressed skin!
With spots, my top tip is to avoid squeezing. Although tempting, spots should be left alone to heal - squeezing can result in painful infection, scars and cross contamination. To help clear break outs, regularly apply an alcohol-free spot treatment that won't irritate the skin. Essential oils including antiseptic and antibacterial tea tree oil, purifying melissa and healing lavender will stop spot-causing bacteria in its tracks. Try the Liz Earle Spot-On which is packed with all three of these hard working essential oils and additionally contains natural source vitamin E to help repair and protect the skin. I really hope all this advice helps!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:34:31

SixtyFootDoll

Yes Liz as nice as your packaging is, there is a lot of it. Are you going to reduce it?

Hi SixtyFootDoll,

Well, we use a lot less than many beauty brands with their cellephaned boxes etc! Over the years though we've been working hard to improve our environmental impact in many small ways, all of which are starting to add up to a big difference. Our philosophy has always been 'progress not perfection'. We have our very own 'Green Team' who are an active and engaged team of guys (and girls) who are always looking at environmental improvements in their own areas within the business. Having people engaged at every level of the business is critical in making sure environmental issues are built in to the businesses foundations, and not just tacked on as an afterthought.

Our Packaging Development Manger is part of our Green Team and by using the hierarchy of Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, Recover, we are constantly and actively looking at improving both our primary and secondary packaging footprint. The vast majority of our packaging is already made from recyclable materials. High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is predominantly used in our range. All of these packs can be placed in your recycling bins for collection and sorting.
We've also been working hard to reduce the number of plastic bags we have to use as a business and our Green Team has been able to cut these by 95%. Laid end-to-end this stretches over 13 miles, so we've covered a lot of ground! (literally).

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:36:01

GinoGinelli

liz i HATE washing my face at night. i hate being woken up etcetc
what should i use

ALSO i never had spots ever as a teen. am 40 and using some kind of garnier mosituriser has got a load of them around my chin, is it too simple to presume its the cream?

Hi GinoGinelli,

Many thanks for your questions. Regarding washing your face at night it is really important to thoroughly cleanse your face in the evenings, even if you do not wear make-up, as we are all exposed to daily grime and increasing amounts of pollution. You may like our Cleanse & Polish as it is a luxurious cream based cleanser and not a face wash. You simply massage 1 or 2 pumps into dry skin, rinse the pure muslin cloth provided in hand hot water and wring out before gently wiping off the cream.
I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering with your skin at the moment. Acne occurring past your teens can either be hormonal, stress or diet related. I would advise against a high intake of salt, sugar and cow's milk, and recommend you choose anti-inflammatory foods (such as garlic/omegas 3 & 6) and food rich in anti-oxidants. Select skincare products high in protective ingredients such as naturally sourced vitamin E and plant oils. Our Deep Cleansing Mask (with green clay and manuka honey) is a great treatment for excess oils, inflammation and breakouts. It can be mixed with Cleanse & Polish or used alone as an intensive mask twice weekly for 10 minutes. Try to have a de-stressing treat once a week, even if it is just a 5 minute bath with some soothing candles. Stressed mind and body=stressed skin!
With spots, my top tip is to avoid squeezing. Although tempting, spots should be left alone to heal - squeezing can result in painful infection, scars and cross contamination. To help clear break outs, regularly apply an alcohol-free spot treatment that won't irritate the skin. Essential oils including antiseptic and antibacterial tea tree oil, purifying melissa and healing lavender will stop spot-causing bacteria in its tracks. Try the Liz Earle Spot-On which is packed with all three of these hard working essential oils and additionally contains natural source vitamin E to help repair and protect the skin. Personally, I'd always use Superskin Moisturiser over and above anything else on any skin that was suffering with sensitivity. Really hope this advice helps!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:37:36

deepdarkwood

Given that everyone who's seen you in person raves about your skin as per earlier thread, other than using your own products smile what are your tips for fabulous skin

<hoping for wine and curry, but know it's more likely to be water and sleep>

Hi deepdarkwood,

Many thanks for your question. You are right, water and sleep are essential for healthy beautiful skin but here are 5 other top tips for radiant skin I hope they help!
1. Keep it simple
As far as our skincare routine is concerned, keep it simple ñ more is not necessarily better. A complicated routine can be time consuming and there are more important things in life to worry about!
That simple skincare mantra cleanse, tone and moisturise remains the most effective foundation for healthy, beautiful skin.

2. Feed your skin.
I swear by natural-source Vitamin E as an internal and external natural beautifier as it's the most important of all the antioxidant vitamins for helping to maintain a youthful glow. Always look for the words 'natural-source' on supplement packs, as this is close to three times more potent than the synthetic variety.

3. Never ever use soap and water on your face!
All soap is alkaline (some soap very strongly so) and our skin is naturally slightly acidic, so every time you wash with soap you upset the delicate pH balance. Not such a problem for the body (unless your skin is sensitive, in which case use a soap-free body wash), but not good for the face. You'll get far softer, smoother and cleaner skin with a plant oil-based cleanser as this is more compatible with the skin's own natural sebum, whatever your skin type.

4. Switch to plant power
Pure plant oils are naturally rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs), antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients and do more good for your skin than bland mineral oil or paraffin waxes. Choose a cleanser, moisturiser and body cream based on plant oils as these help skin retain its own moisture reserves by mimicking the skin's own naturally effective moisture barrier, sebum. Plant oils also sink further into the uppermost epidermal skin cells and are better for keeping the skin soft, smooth and line-free than their petro-chemical counterparts.

5. For brighter, smoother skin on your body, I highly recommend body brushing.
It's an easy and inexpensive way of keeping the skin smooth, especially on lumpy, bumpy areas such as upper arms, hips and thighs. Use a long-handled, natural bristle brush to literally brush she skin from top to toe (working upwards from the soles of the feet), concentrating on hips and thighs to help shift cellulite. Given a daily boost of body brushing, our skin sheds waste and toxins more easily while our body benefits from a boost to the circulation and lymphatic system, improving skin tone, smoothness and even helping our immune system.

Oh yes - don't forget wine is full of healthful antioxidants (especially red) and I had a curry last night so maybe that helps too ;-) Laugher and sleep also good.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:38:53

sincitylover

Liz

I like cleanse and polish and also eyebright.

can you tell me a bit more about your hair products specifically if there is one for volume?

Thanks

Hi sincitylover,
It is great to hear that you like our Cleanse & Polish and our Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion. Many thanks for your question about our new haircare range. Just like our Cleanse & Polish, we've kept things simple with our haircare by creating one shampoo which works on all hair types. Our Botanical Shine Shampoo gently cleanses without stripping to leave hair soft, shiny and smooth. It is SLS/SLES free too. We've followed this with three high-performance conditioners, each bursting with the finest botanicals to give just the right amount of hydration for your hair type ñ leaving locks de-tangled, glossy and ready to style. You select your conditioner according to your hair type. So if you have oily or fine hair prone to being dull, limp or lifeless we would recommend our Botanical Shine Conditioner for oily hair. This ultra-light, finely balanced conditioner will leave your hair revitalised, volumised and feeling full of life!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:39:21

scottishmummy

do you produce non branded lines for others?

Hi Scottishmummy,
No we do not produce any non branded lines for others. Wouldn't even consider it.

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:40:00

smugmumofboys

Hi Liz. I love your products and am impressed with the hair care - it's great on my thick hair.

My question is: can we have a salon in the Northwest please? I often buy your products at John Lewis in the Trafford Centre or Liverpool - either of these would be great.

Thank you.

We would love to be able to bring our special Liz Earle treatments to more people around the country so it is something we will be looking into - we do have a new store opening in Leeds before Christmas!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:40:32

bluesky

Great to have Liz on mumsnet, especially as we were talking about her new shampoos/conditioners recently on a thread.

I am a regular of C&P and the excellent (but strong smelling - but in a nice way!) spot relief.

Liz, would you consider doing facial wipes?

I love your packaging, customer service and thought the recent magazine/brochure was a really good read.

Hi bluesky,
Great to hear that you are a regular user of our Cleanse & Polish! Many thanks for your suggestion regarding facial wipes. It is something that we would consider as long as we could make them environmentally friendly too. Delighted to hear that you liked our recent autumn & winter newsletter too!

LizEarle Tue 21-Sep-10 14:41:24

Shivs1974

I love your products but share the concerns about animal testing.

Is it possible to add a gauge to the side of C&P so that you're not caught unawares that it's going to run out??

Many thanks for your question. I love the idea of adding a gauge to the side of the Cleanse & Polish!
To give you a rough idea though, our 100ml Cleanse & Polish pump dispenses 66 pumps so if you cleanse both morning and night this will last you for a month. If you never want to run out of our Cleanse & Polish you can sign up to our auto-reorder service ñ simply call our customer centre and they will create a regular order to arrive as often as you like, so you'll never run out of your skincare favourites.

bluesky Tue 21-Sep-10 14:50:07

A BRILLIANT WEBCHAT!

So much information
So many answers
Thank you Liz

Hermya321 Tue 21-Sep-10 16:23:08

A fantastic webchat, thank you Liz and thank you MNHQ!!

GinoGinelli Tue 21-Sep-10 19:20:19

Thanks. V intersting

snigger Tue 21-Sep-10 19:44:19

<<Sulking in a Sanctuary face-pack because I was three posts short of getting an answer>>

Haliborange Tue 21-Sep-10 19:51:37

Oooh, exciting. I missed the chat, but thank you for answering Liz! I'll give your advice a go.

scottishmummy Tue 21-Sep-10 20:46:46

when you announcing the goodies winner.im shallow,but do like le C&P

SixtyFootDoll Tue 21-Sep-10 21:16:47

Thanks for ansering my question Liz. I am a big fan and I think you are a great business woman.

PlumBumMum Tue 21-Sep-10 21:37:55

Oh I didn't read about the goodies, I posted before 2 but Liz didn't answer me sad do I still get entered?

What fab, thorough answers!

Thanks Liz.

deepdarkwood Wed 22-Sep-10 09:53:05

Thanks Liz (although dh won't thank you as that chat sent me straight to the site for some extra 'necessaries...'

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 23-Sep-10 12:58:25

Congratulations CurlyLox - you are the winner of our Liz Earle competition and have won a Liz Earle Ultimate hamper worth over £170. We've notified you by email but can you send us your contact details (email/postal address) and we'll organise the delivery of your prize. Thanks again to everyone who took part - we're sure Liz will be back.

PlumBumMum Thu 23-Sep-10 13:38:57

Ahh well done Curlylox envy

Curlylox Thu 23-Sep-10 19:17:27

Ah that's great news and thank you very very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now