WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Live webchat with Gok Wan, Mon 19 July, 7.30- 8.30pm

(310 Posts)
OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Jul-10 22:45:07

Oh yes, it's true.
We're delighted that Gok has found some time in his very busy schedule of getting people naked to join us at Mumsnet Towers next Monday.

Fresh from his new series where he styled his first man on this evening's show, he'll be answering Mumsnetter's
questions.

If you can't make it (and we realise there may be a little bit of a bedtime clash) then post your question for Gok in advance here. (no nudity necessary!)
grin
Thanks
MNHQ

corblimeymadam Wed 21-Jul-10 20:47:17

30 odd one liners and 2 answers to MNHQ!! Well I guess he only had an hour - still disappointed though.

GreenMonkies Tue 20-Jul-10 22:49:03

NomDePlume I find some La Senza stuff is small fitting, in some of their stuff I'm a 32F, in others a 32FF, and I hate the "hidden" padding shelf that is in some of their bras. As if someone with F/FF's needs f*cking padding?? But if you are selective, and try them on, you can find some nice ones, I love the Lullaby Lace collection (need a FF in them) and I have a gorgeous cream & red check/tartan one I got a few weeks ago too (only an F in that!) and the selection of colours they have is fab.

NomDePlume Tue 20-Jul-10 21:34:04

BTW - Re LaSenza - I find them mega uncomfortable (padding agogo, I can wear my 32F/FF's as earrings in their bras) but I find that if I've ever tried their stuff on I've needed to size up at least 1 cup size. I think they go up to a G in some styles now.

NomDePlume Tue 20-Jul-10 21:31:09

Bloody rubbish.

He didn't answer me and his typing was atrocious and for the shameless book plug.

Pah.

Last time I enter into a webchat with so called sleb.

Redazzy Tue 20-Jul-10 10:06:00

I am a huge fan of Gok but have had a serious giggle reading this webchat this morning.

If Gok came on MN incognito, he would be bombarded with hmm emoticons and orders to get himself off to Netmums! At least he didn't call anyone hun!

slug Tue 20-Jul-10 09:53:27

Well... that was a load of one line, trite answers wasn't it?

Am very very disappointed he didn't answer my question about his show encouraging women to feel happy about being leered at and sexually harassed in the street. <<cat's bum face>>

MadwoMen Tue 20-Jul-10 01:41:39

Thanks for answering my question Gok!! Byeee
LOL at alaska answering questions and giving advice alongside grin

GreenMonkies Mon 19-Jul-10 22:23:31

Flamesparrow get thee to La Senza, they quite a few nice bras in a 32F/FF, I have half a dozen or so now, I go for the coordinating bra strap look in vests etc now, making my pretty coloured bra a part of the outfit. There's a La Senza outlet store near me (Cheshire Oaks) and they are selling pretty much every bra for a fiver, it's great!!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Jul-10 22:22:57

Hi
We're afraid Gok Wan has now left the building!sadgrin
Huge thanks to him for his webchat, and to all those who asked questions and apologies if your question wasn't answered.
MN Towers

loopylou0158 Mon 19-Jul-10 21:17:27

HELP GOK PLEASE im 40 in 3 weeks and im holiding a 70s night what do i wear ?????????????????im 5ft 3 38e size 16 basicly short fat and hairy and 2 top it off a red head please help meeeeeeeee

Twinkletoes2009 Mon 19-Jul-10 20:41:42

hi Gok you are fab !!! seen you a couple of times http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/photo.php?pid=2386329&op=35&o=global&view=global&subj=743088465& id=576345021
photo evidence haha !

i would love to know how to find a maxi dress for my 5'2 hight size 16 with 36 G boobs !! i love them do you think i can pull it off ?

love you xx

Amy xxx

domesticslattern Mon 19-Jul-10 20:40:42

Bye Gok! Thanks for answering my question! I think you're totally right. Sorry I missed it as I was bathing juniorslattern... smile

iamfabregasted Mon 19-Jul-10 20:37:14

I predict a flood of applications for How to Look Good Naked.....

jessmartin365 Mon 19-Jul-10 20:34:25

HEY GOK
I AM UR BIGGEST FAN EVEREVEREVER!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE U SO MUCH! PLEASEEE REPLY TO MEEE
ALSO,
FASHION ADVICE 4 SOMEONE WITH A 24INCH WASTE AND 36 INCH BUM!!!???!!!!!
LOVE YOU!
XXXXXXXXOXOXOXOXXXXXXXXX

leigh21 Mon 19-Jul-10 20:34:12

hi gok
i would like to see you do a show just on bigger women size 22-32 as not much fashion out there for these women and i think it doesnt matter how big you are you are still beautiful but do you think the same?

Bye Bye Aunty Gok. Mwah! smile

<I am so getting dp to help me takr required piccys to send in aplication for HTLGN> grin

SirBoobAlot Mon 19-Jul-10 20:33:25

Bye bye Aunty Gok, thank you!! Kisses and snogs back!

MammyMakkaMoo Mon 19-Jul-10 20:32:23

sad bye gok!

pissovski Mon 19-Jul-10 20:32:04

that went sooo fast!!

mwahs from me

herbietea Mon 19-Jul-10 20:31:33

I love you too Aunty Gok.

Kisses and snogs to you.xx

Thank you so much for coming, I'm away to fill in the forms for HTLGN.

misskellyhughes Mon 19-Jul-10 20:31:24

Gok..I Love You :D

Your into your 7th Series now (i think) & have Worked with sooo many women..& last week we saw your FINALLY Gok a Male..How Did It Compare To Your Usual Ladies & Bangers? &#9829;&#9829;

Flamesparrow Mon 19-Jul-10 20:31:08

Nooooooooooooo! Don't go!

iamfabregasted Mon 19-Jul-10 20:31:07

<<hugs aunty gok mwah mwah>>

iamfabregasted Mon 19-Jul-10 20:30:24

I would love to see a special on shopping from Primark and supermarkets, since that's all my budget will stretch to and its hard to find clothes that fit me properly in those ranges.

GokWan Mon 19-Jul-10 20:30:07

My Darling MN'ers....

Thank you so much for having me in the towers today! It's been loads of fun and it's nice to speak to all you gorgeous mums doing a fabulous job of being great parents!

Remember, Aunty Gok LOVES YOU!

Kisses and snogs,

Gok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now