Sinister Easter bonnet?

(193 Posts)
docket Mon 29-Mar-10 07:56:46

Ds1 loves foxes. So I thought it would be fun to make a bonnet with a fox chasing some chicks. the finished article looks a bit scary and having viewed some hats online I am wondering if this is in fact completely inappropriate. He is in reception so this is my first brush with bonneting. Am I worrying over nothing?

DD been school for 2 years, and we never did easter bonnet. Is this religious thing?

ItsAllaBitNoisy Mon 29-Mar-10 11:20:47

After my 2nd look, I can sense a certain determination in the eyes of the chick on the left. Always a good life lesson for children.

Jackstini Mon 29-Mar-10 11:22:39

PMSL and spat coffee over my keyboard - could give some scaredy people nightmares but sooooo hilarious for adults! grin

Lizzylou Mon 29-Mar-10 11:22:53

Am gutted we have no Easter bonnet requirements here, that bonnet is fab.
Bet your DS will be the envy of the other pupils grin

hobbittoes Mon 29-Mar-10 11:25:24

OMG I think that chick on the right may have had a strokegrin

piprabbit Mon 29-Mar-10 11:29:26

Chick on left may be determined - but also seems to have lost lots of feathers. Possibly some sort of survival strategy, like lizards losing their tails when caught?

LorraineSattell Mon 29-Mar-10 11:30:08

the chick on the left knows that all he has to do is outrun the one on the right. what a little bastard he is.

Fliight Mon 29-Mar-10 11:31:53

fantastic.

dillinger Mon 29-Mar-10 11:37:54

pmsfl @ Lorrainesattell

grumpypants Mon 29-Mar-10 11:41:49

omg that's hilarious. please let him wear it! i shall look out for you 2mrw and hope your ds is in my ds' reception class. if it helps, you cd put a fence between them so the fox can't actually eat them?

docket that is bloody fantastic! The other boys are going to be so jealous of your DS's bonnet!

What the hell is the Halloween costume going to be like though??

MmeLindt Mon 29-Mar-10 11:55:13

That is INSPIRED.

What does your DS think?

Let him wear it.

nannynick Mon 29-Mar-10 12:07:56

I think it's wonderful. Let him wear it.
It's meant to be fun after all.

JackRabbitBauer Mon 29-Mar-10 12:08:08

Oh god, just got back from playgroup and seen it, it's awesome!

docket Mon 29-Mar-10 12:42:58

Wow, thanks very much for kind comments! I woke up in a real panic about it, middle of the night fretting is such a pain! He will be wearing it with pride tomorrow, hopefully it won't cause offence!

Love it! My DS would love it too. This is what school arty things are about. Can I suggest one improvement - what about putting a chick IN the foxy's mouth? Overkill?

pixiestix Mon 29-Mar-10 13:37:10

Fantastic! Totally fantastic! grin

I'm having a difficult day and I've got your picture up in the background and everytime I need a pick me up I look at it and giggle again.

whingeomatic Mon 29-Mar-10 13:57:43

ROFL <mascara escaping down face while pretending to do serious work>

That is the funniest bonnet that I have ever seen.

My dd1 would have loved that - sadly she is now in the Juniors so no bonnetting here this year...

pollywollydoodle Mon 29-Mar-10 13:57:43

that is fantastic! I'd vote for it..
to even things up, what about giving the gawping chick on the right a packet labelled fox poison?

MamaGoblin Mon 29-Mar-10 14:07:44

Have wet myself. grin

If you want to redress the balance a little, could you add a really scary cockerel on one side? He could peck at the fox's eyes while giving the chicks a chance to run for the hills.

snowplop Mon 29-Mar-10 14:24:23

I hardly ever post but have reverse-snorted tea all over my monitor grin
Bloody brilliant!

LorraineSattell Mon 29-Mar-10 14:25:29

yes, i really cannot bear to close the pic down, i keep looking at it and snoooooorting with laughter. it's deranged.

snowplop Mon 29-Mar-10 14:28:42

I'm bonneting tomorrow for the first time at DCs nursery....now I have some good ideas [sinister gleam in eye emoticon]

nowwhatdoido Mon 29-Mar-10 14:31:56

You are going to give the teachers in the staff room a fantastic laugh tommorrow. It is legendary. I mean that in a good way. You'll gain yourself a fantastic reputation and the teachers' will love you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now