drug dependant baby, advice needed

(571 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

I've been asked to foster a baby expected to be suffering drug withdrawal when it is born next week.

It is years since I've cared for one of these and any advice would be most gratefully received.

teenybean Mon 02-May-16 03:40:30

Only just read this & did not expect this ending!
I have never cried due to a thread before, but I am lying here sobbing my eyes out! I lost my mum last year to cancer which also spread, it is awful!
EMIN did such an amazing job & has brought so much love to so many children who wouldn't have had the chance to get over their terrible start without her.

EMIN, I am in awe of you & your limitless love, you really were an absolutely wonderful person.

RIP flowersflowersflowersflowers

IfTheCapFitsWearIt Mon 02-May-16 01:54:29

This is the second time I read this thread, and it blew me away and has left me sobbing just the same.

You were a wonderful wonderful woman Earthmother. You gave so much love. I hope you are looking down and smiling on the many lives you changed.

EnjoyTheSimpleThingsInLife Sun 01-May-16 23:44:37

Just read the whole thread, did not expect this at all sad what a truly amazing woman. RIP EMIN, even all these years later, people are still reading your beautiful story about Ladybird, you won't be forgotten xxxxxxx

chandelierswinging Fri 08-Apr-16 19:51:34

I come back to this thread every now and then to remind me about what life is really all about. RIP EMIN flowers

MantaRayBay Tue 22-Mar-16 15:54:06

Amazing thread.

RIP. flowers

CeeBeeBee Tue 22-Mar-16 15:02:59

Nothing new to add but I've read this with tears. Very touching thread about an amazing and caring woman. flowers

Jw35 Tue 22-Mar-16 07:26:44

RIP EMIN thanks what an amazing thread about an amazing woman. God bless you

eachtigertires Fri 18-Mar-16 00:27:41

Just read this thread for the first time. What a wonderful, yet heartbreaking story. Rest in peace EMIN. The the world is a better place because of you and people like you.

Lauren1983 Wed 16-Mar-16 00:18:37

Just read this thread for the first time. What a wonderful, caring and compassionate lady. RIP EMIN.

mogloveseggs Tue 01-Mar-16 20:58:03

Amazing, incredible, inspirational
Rip flowers

HarryOHay Mon 29-Feb-16 22:34:25

flowers RIP EMIN

Another one who had just read this read from start to finish and has shed some tears along the way

meatliqour Mon 29-Feb-16 21:36:28

Just cried my eyes out. What an amazing woman. The tears keep rolling sad

ChishandFips33 Sun 28-Feb-16 18:38:38

An amazing woman fighting for amazing children - I hope you're enjoying watching over them with the love and pride you showed them so dearly
Thank you for being so wonderful and selfless

Missrubyring Sun 28-Feb-16 17:44:33

flowers Just read this thread and I'm in awe of how amazing this woman was. RIP EMIN. flowers

WhingyNinja Fri 26-Feb-16 02:17:47

WhingyNinja Fri 26-Feb-16 02:16:31

Wow, what a truly amazing and inspirational woman EMIN was, in absolute floods of tears reading this thread, sending prayers and love to her family. RIP

JOEYDOESNTSHAREFOOD Sun 13-Dec-15 16:42:29

Fuck, I was on classics looking for a laugh. Spotted this and remembered it from the first time around - I knew it'd be a heart warmer.

Well now I'm sat here sobbing at the shittiness of life.

RIP EMIN, you beautiful thing you.

Stellar67 Fri 11-Dec-15 10:42:37

Wow. What an amazing lady. What a beautiful thread. Rest in peace. thanks

GlitteryFluff Wed 04-Nov-15 21:53:27

I have just read this for the first time.
I'm in tears.
What an amazing woman.
RIP thanks

TheMightyMing Tue 13-Oct-15 22:26:39

Remember it well- no less heartbreaking yet uplifting all this time later. God rest you EMIN xxx

Strokethefurrywall Tue 13-Oct-15 22:13:08

Amazing thread. Absolutely amazing.

What a woman. What a family. I know it's been a few years since EMIN passed but the grief doesn't leave, you just learn to live with it and I've no doubt this is the case for them.

I'm very glad that this thread is in classics and is serving to keep EMIN's memory alive. And I really hope her family continue to be comforted by this.

SideOrderofChips Mon 12-Oct-15 17:26:25

Ive just ready through this and cried my eyes out to hear Emin has passed away

DragonsCanHop Fri 09-Oct-15 22:36:08

Oh, I remeber this thread from the start. I'm sorry to be posting to say rest in peace you amazing women.

IAmABeachWave Fri 09-Oct-15 22:19:12

Just RTFT and it felt wrong to read and not comment. Emin you were a wonderful person flowers

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 27-Sep-15 23:39:47

Heart-wrenching thread.

A truly amazing individual. You have touched many people.

Rest in peace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now