drug dependant baby, advice needed

(524 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

I've been asked to foster a baby expected to be suffering drug withdrawal when it is born next week.

It is years since I've cared for one of these and any advice would be most gratefully received.

WeAreSeven Wed 11-Sep-13 15:42:45

Oh, read the thread and now crying.sad
What a truly wonderful person, Emin was ( and I believe still is!)
thanks

Rhiana1979 Thu 12-Sep-13 13:47:15

I read this thread with no idea of the outcome. What a wonderful selfless woman.

Rest in peace sweetheart you've earned your place xx

BrianTheMole Thu 12-Sep-13 14:05:54

Just read the thread. What amazing work you did, and the difference you have made to others is such a special thing.
Rest in peace EMIN.

Notafoodbabyanymore Thu 12-Sep-13 16:11:38

Amanda, hope everything went well today as you grieved, but also celebrated your mum's amazing legacy.

God bless you and your family.

I've just read this from start to finish. What a beautiful, bittersweet story.

R.I.P Emin, you were truly amazing.

RalphGnu Thu 12-Sep-13 17:39:45

Thinking of you, Amanda, and your family today. Your mum's kindness touched a lot of lives.

And as a former foster child, thank you to EMIN and all the other foster carers out there for the wonderful job they do. thanks

FairyJen Thu 12-Sep-13 17:43:54

As a sw who worked with a LAC team ( looked after children ) I wanted to say that people like emin are one of the only reason why I keep going.

What she has done will give hope to generations of children not just the ones she fostered. I only wish there were more like her.

Thank you emin.
X

sonofapreacherman Thu 12-Sep-13 17:50:38

So, so sad to read this new sad

Rest pescefully, EMIN, what an incredible legacy you have left behind.

kelda Thu 12-Sep-13 17:56:34

RIP EMIN. What a wonderful woman flowers

ZingWantsCake Thu 12-Sep-13 18:06:16

RIP EMIN thanks

what a woman, what a legacy! you are an inspiration!

RubyrooUK Thu 12-Sep-13 18:10:51

RIP EMIN. What an inspiration. X

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Thu 12-Sep-13 19:17:24

Wow. I have just read the whole thread and I am truly in awe. I am heartbroken that this little baby will never get to meet EMIN, but in a way she lives on through the fact that she will have a happy and settled life thanks to the start EMIN gave her. Sometimes life is just too cruel. RIP EMIN x

Shlurpbop Thu 12-Sep-13 19:23:53

Started reading this thread as it popped up on active conversations...took me a few pages to notice it was originally posted by EMIN.

What a truly amazing woman.

RIP x

Crocodilehunter Thu 12-Sep-13 20:11:04

EMIN
I cannot find the words to say how much this thread has touched me!
You are such an inspiration and I feel privileged to have read about your time with lo!
Rest in peace amazing lady! flowers

DameDeepRedBetty Fri 13-Sep-13 09:25:08

flowers

KnitFastDieWarm Fri 13-Sep-13 14:09:00

What a giving, generous, loving, heroic and glorious life well lived smile rest in peace EMIN xxx

pxmx Fri 13-Sep-13 18:28:53

Came across this thread by accident and have just read the whole thing with tears streaming down my face. EMIN you (were) are the most amazing woman. I am humbled to have even read this story people like you and your dh are so special words do you both no justice. Rip EMIN and condolences to your amazing dh your legacy lives on through the amazing work you've both done.x

trixymalixy Fri 13-Sep-13 19:00:46

What an amazing inspirational woman. RIP Emin. thanks

ScottishDiblet Sat 14-Sep-13 12:49:53

Amanda please accept my sincere condolences and heartfelt thanks to you and your family and your amazing mum. Xx

misspoirot Sat 14-Sep-13 22:50:23

Just read the entire thread and am so sad yet inspired by a woman whose compassion and determination shone through. My thoughts are with her family x

olidusUrsus Mon 16-Sep-13 03:18:37

This is so heartbreaking. Am awake and can't sleep so sat and read the whole thing. I took an inward breath when I read that she had cancer and it had spread to her bones sad

Poor, poor EMIN. Huge condolences to you and your family Amanda. What a legacy she has left flowers

MutantAndProud Mon 16-Sep-13 17:56:33

In bits reading this. EMIN, what a special lady. May you rest in peace xxxx

WingDefence Tue 17-Sep-13 13:03:25

I've only just found this thread and never thought it would end like this. I was already dreading Emin giving the little baby over to the new adoptive family (although happy for them) but this is just heartbreaking news.

RIP Emin. Your fostered children must have benefitted so much from your kindness. thanks

FTRsMammy Wed 25-Sep-13 23:20:39

I'd never seen this thread until today and have read it start to finish. I managed to retain my composure until EMINs update about the bone cancer after which the tears started as I imagined the outcome.
Despite not knowing her, her innate goodness shone from her posts and each and every child lucky enough to be cared for by EMIN has been given a valuable lesson on how to love.
My thought go out to Mr EMIN, their children, ladybird and all of the cared for children who will not have the opportunity to show her who they have become.
May you rest eternally peaceful EMIN x

something2say Tue 29-Oct-13 09:32:16

As the child of an abusive mother who regularly screamed that she hated me and wished I had never been born and why don't I fuck off etc, I would like to say that I wished I had been fostered by someone like earth mother. It seems the total opposite of what I had to live with. I wish I had been taken away. In fact one of the best moments for me came when I silenced my family by telling them I didn't believe they had ever loved or liked me, based on their treatment, and wished I had been taken away. To read about this wonderful mother figure to so many children has been heart warming and I hope you are resting in peace somewhere earth mother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now