drug dependant baby, advice needed

(524 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

I've been asked to foster a baby expected to be suffering drug withdrawal when it is born next week.

It is years since I've cared for one of these and any advice would be most gratefully received.

LewisFan Fri 06-Sep-13 01:58:14

Words don't seem enough to convey the sorrow I feel about EMIN... I never knew her in real life (obviously) but wow.... just wow.

I hope the families with "her" babies will make her live on in memory for all she did for them

I'm so sad

I pray for peace and strength to all who loved EMIN

Xx

mumofone25 Fri 06-Sep-13 11:42:16

RIP emin. What an amazing strong woman. Truly an inspiration xx

Portofino Fri 06-Sep-13 17:52:51

I never saw this thread before and have just read it in tears. What a wonderful inspiring woman you were EMIN! The babies you have looked after will be your enduring legacy. RIP xx

mineofuselessinformation Fri 06-Sep-13 18:16:27

Well done MNHQ for recognising that this thread deserves special place.

AintNobodyGotTimeFurThat Fri 06-Sep-13 18:39:40

Oh god what a beautiful thing you had done.

R.I.P Emin you were a very beautiful, lovely woman.

DaughterOfEmin Fri 06-Sep-13 19:06:22

Just a quick thank you for all of the kind messages for mum (EMIN). We will miss her forever and already we can feel the huge hole she has left behind in our lives.

Her funeral is on Thursday (12th September) at 2:30 and we are trying our best to make sure that we make her proud.

I told dad earlier about all of the kind words that people have left for her on various threads and the fact that this particular thread was moved into Classics and he was very proud that mum managed to touch even a few people with stories of something that she loved doing - fostering babies - so again thank you so much.
Amanda.

sittinginthesun Fri 06-Sep-13 19:07:51

Will be thinking of you on Thursday. X

Bluemonkeyspots Fri 06-Sep-13 19:28:13

Amanda this thread has touched me so much, I only really started reading as I also have a young dd and could not believe what your dm was doing for this poor little baby, I never thought the thread would end the way it did sad

You really do have a mum to be proud of though, what a special person she was. Will be thinking of you all on the 12th xxxx

rip indeed.

you truly have a rich legacy in those children emin. the world is a better place for having had you in it.

CharlotteBr0nteSaurus Fri 06-Sep-13 19:43:07

this is a beautiful thread. RIP EMIN x x

Silverfoxballs Fri 06-Sep-13 20:02:09

What an amazing woman, I think this thread is the most moving thing I have ever read on MN. What a a truly wonderful legacy and love to all Emins family at this very sad time x

clam Fri 06-Sep-13 20:25:58

I've just stumbled upon this thread. Was weepy and awed at EMIN's selfless devotion all the way through, and so glad that there are people like her in the world, but had no idea until the very end why the thread was current.

How very, very sad. RIP.

DoItTooJulia Fri 06-Sep-13 20:31:27

RIP Emin.

What a thread. What a woman. What a journey.

My thoughts are with your family Emin. With love.

EauRouge Fri 06-Sep-13 21:08:29

I never 'met' Emin and I've only just read this thread. I am awestruck; what an amazing woman. The world will be a poorer place without you, Emin.

DespicableMa Fri 06-Sep-13 21:11:33

What a truely amazing person. This is the first time on MN I have ever been moved to tears, the determination and humour shown by EMIN throughout this thread is astounding and I hope he lo referred to above is now living a healthy, happy life.

My thoughts are with EMIN's husband, daughter and family. RIP EMIN, you have brought joy and love to so many families throughout the years and I'm sure will remain an inspiration to many people. Xx

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Fri 06-Sep-13 22:00:46

I sobbed at the story of the baby, and now im in chest-wrenching sobs. I dont have words.
I send my most sincere and deepest condolences to Emins family, and all those lovely babies she loved and doted upon.

AuntieMaggie Sat 07-Sep-13 09:07:35

Just read this thread after mn linked to it on twitter.

RIP EMIN. You were a truly beautiful person.

CSIJanner Sat 07-Sep-13 16:43:31

I've just realised who EMIN is after the announcement earlier this week, and I'm sobbing quietly in the corner. What a truly selfless, wonderful woman who has give so much love and hope to little ones. RIP

Notafoodbabyanymore Sat 07-Sep-13 17:33:29

Amanda, as you mourn your amazing mum, know that there are mumsnetters around the world thinking of and praying for you and your family.

x

Somethingtothinkabout Sat 07-Sep-13 18:52:45

I have just seen and read through this full thread today. I had tears in my eyes and so much compassion for EMIN reading what a wonderful start she gave those poor babies, I was devastated to see that she then developed cancer, and she has now passed.

Amanda, your Mum was an incredible woman, one this world was very very blessed to have. I hope she rests in peace, she will be remembered ever so fondly.

I wish your family strength in this time. You must be so proud of her. Bless you all. flowers

Beccus Mon 09-Sep-13 10:31:06

What an amazing, beautiful, Heartbreaking story & what an amazing, beautiful, inspiring woman, who changed the lives of so many children. rip.

IhaveNoOpinion Tue 10-Sep-13 07:50:02

Amanda,

Your mum was beautiful person and that clearly shined through. She has gone to be with the angels as she truly is one of them.

RIP EMIN. You will be missed by many. xx

stickyg Tue 10-Sep-13 16:23:36

I just stumbled and cried over this thread. Your mum was an amazing lady. Love to you all xx

awakemysoull Wed 11-Sep-13 15:13:58

I have just read through this thread.

What an amazing lady.

I'm so sorry for your loss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now