drug dependant baby, advice needed

(524 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

I've been asked to foster a baby expected to be suffering drug withdrawal when it is born next week.

It is years since I've cared for one of these and any advice would be most gratefully received.

Meringue33 Fri 03-May-13 06:11:52

Wishing you all the best EMIN. You are an amazing person and have given me so much faith in humanity (and inspiration!)

HollyGoHeavily Fri 03-May-13 07:20:43

Emin - I am so sorry to hear you are having health issues. This thread has been such an inspiration to so many people. I wish you and all your family the very best. xx

mirai Wed 04-Sep-13 07:26:41

Just read this thread in the light of today's news, what an amazing woman you were EMIN, life is not fair sometimes x

LadyFlumpalot Wed 04-Sep-13 09:46:27

^^ As above. I have sat here with tears in my eyes rolling down my face uncontrollably and in massive awe of such a selfless woman. RIP.

AmberLeaf Wed 04-Sep-13 10:44:21

Read the sad news on another thread.

Wanted to add my condolences here as this was where I first 'knew' EMIN, I never posted, just lurked.

RIP to a wonderful person and Mum to many.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Wed 04-Sep-13 10:56:53

I too have just read the sad news on another thread. I had missed the 'update' on here and didn't know EMIN had cancer sad She touched a lot of hearts and will be missed - a lot x

AFishWithoutABicycle Wed 04-Sep-13 12:21:15

What a wonderful woman. The positive effect she has had on so many lives is amazing. My thoughts are with her large (extended) family.

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 04-Sep-13 12:26:12

To paraphrase an earlier post by fostermumtomany

^because of EMIN these babies knows how to love and how to form attachments and how to be secure and feel safe.
what an achievement.^

RIP EMIN flowers

GrassIsntGreener Wed 04-Sep-13 12:47:42

I hadn't seen this post until today. I read it up until the part where the child joined her new family, then flipped the thread and am feeling so so sad. sad

What a truly inspirational and amazing woman.

NoToast Wed 04-Sep-13 13:05:13

Have just read the thread too after hearing the news, what a wonderful woman. I hope she had some lovely visits from her ladybird.

YoniMatopoeia Wed 04-Sep-13 13:38:51

What a woman.

Love to her family, especially her DH.

RIP flowers

DaleyBump Wed 04-Sep-13 14:22:34

What an amazing woman.

RIP EMIN flowers

mignonette Wed 04-Sep-13 16:00:17

Goodbye EMIN. flowers....

inneedofrain Wed 04-Sep-13 16:54:41

To an amazing women, rest easy darling.

You gave so much to so many.

Today the world got a little bit worse and heaven got a new angel.

Damnautocorrect Wed 04-Sep-13 16:59:12

Me and my oh had been thinking of fostering when I came across this thread and realised just how tough it could be. what an amazing and selfless lady.

Carriepreston Wed 04-Sep-13 18:49:19

Just read this thread for the first time EMIN you are an inspiration. Rest in peace flowers

iwantavuvezela Wed 04-Sep-13 18:53:13

RIP

Thoughts and strength to your family

Thank you for all the good and love you brought to Earth

Tiredemma Wed 04-Sep-13 19:07:28

Crying here.

The sheer love that oozed from EMINs posts is enormous. What an amazing lady.

I'm sure there are many children whose lives have been thoroughly enriched by having EMIN in them

RIP

NationMcKinley Wed 04-Sep-13 19:09:48

RIP amazing lady. sadflowers. The world needs more like you. XxxxX

blueskiesandbutterflies Wed 04-Sep-13 20:58:38

RIP EMIN, so sad to hear of your passing. sad

So glad so many foster babies had you as their carer. You were a beautiful, selfless & truly inspirational person. Thinking of your DH, family (& ladybird) Xx

NotAQueef Wed 04-Sep-13 21:03:27

I read this thread last year, and sobbed my heart out for the baby - but also at the love and compassion shown by EMIN.
So sorry and sad to hear this news
RIP EWIM, love and strength to your family x

Ineedanewone Wed 04-Sep-13 21:20:01

I will never forget Emin and her care, compassion and love.
Rest in endless peace.

A beautiful woman who did amazing things. This thread has really touched my heart. Love, light and prayers for the amazing EMIN and all those who love her.

MissStrawberry Wed 04-Sep-13 21:26:58

I didn't see this thread first time around but I heard about the amazing work that EMIN and Her DH did with the baby this thread is about. I have just read it with tears falling and just thinking about the baby who will never be able to meet EMIN again has finished me off.

What a truly amazing person she was.

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Wed 04-Sep-13 21:28:56

RIP Emin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now