drug dependant baby, advice needed

(524 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

I've been asked to foster a baby expected to be suffering drug withdrawal when it is born next week.

It is years since I've cared for one of these and any advice would be most gratefully received.

MissStrawberry Wed 04-Sep-13 21:29:37

I feel like MNHQ need to do or say something but what I don't know. Just feels huge sad.

LtEveDallas Wed 04-Sep-13 21:33:42

I didn't put two and two together before. I remember reading this thread and getting very emotional. I thought EMIN was just bloody amazing then, and still do now. So very sorry to hear such sad news. I hope that the love she had here was reflected IRL, and that her family can see how many lives she touched.

RIP you fabulous, amazing woman.

Dayshiftdoris Wed 04-Sep-13 21:38:30

I know that cry and to have not only lived with it day and night but to have actually healed it.... Truly astounding

EMIN - the love, care and attention you gave all 'your' children will ensure you are never ever forgotten.

Lots of love to all your family.

Every time I think of the letter you wrote LO more tears roll... A very special lady - RIP xxxx

Abra1d Wed 04-Sep-13 21:48:03

'What will survive of us is love'.

ProphetOfDoom Wed 04-Sep-13 22:00:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ratbagcatbag Wed 04-Sep-13 22:02:22

I really hope your ladybird visited you. Ive sobbed my way through this thread. You were a truly remarkable and selfless woman, Rest in peace watching over all those you gave your heart too.

thanks for Flowers / Emin, who was a truly wonderful person.

Thumbwitch Thu 05-Sep-13 06:34:29

I've also just read this thread through, having seen the link on the thread by EMIN's daughter, and am doubly sad that she has gone. What a wonderful, inspirational fabulous woman she was - her family must be so very very proud of her, ALL her family, including her foster children whose lives she made so much better.

RIP EMIN - I know you will be in your heaven, wherever that may be. thanks

rosyryan Thu 05-Sep-13 11:29:53

Goodbye EMIN. You were an angel on earth flowers

karmakoala Thu 05-Sep-13 12:20:35

I've just read this thread for the first time from beginning and I'm heartbroken by the ending.

I hope that you can truly rest in peace knowing that the selfless love you gave to all of these tiny babies will be carried with them forever x

Darlinglittleone Thu 05-Sep-13 12:43:04

thanks

MikeTheShite Thu 05-Sep-13 12:46:26

What an amazing woman.
Rest in peace, so sad that the best in life are taken early.
My thoughts are with you and your family thanks

bemybebe Thu 05-Sep-13 13:23:24

No words, RIP
thanks

Bluemonkeyspots Thu 05-Sep-13 13:59:43

Started reading this by chance (never been in this section before) and it has touched me so much!

Never thought at the start that it would have this ending. So so sad, rest in peace EMIN, you truly are a wonderful person

Should this not be in mumsnet classics? Not for the usual entertainment reasons but because it is the most touching thread I've ever read.

EggInABap Thu 05-Sep-13 14:15:57

Have just read this whole thread and it has broken my heart all the way through. But to find out at the end this amazing woman has lost her life is devastating.

RIP to a fantastic lady. You have done an amazing job with your time here. The letter you left for your little girl will bring her so much comfort and strength in the future.

NervyWervy Thu 05-Sep-13 14:36:08

Am also in tears having just read this thread the whole way through. What an amazingly courageous and loving heart you had. You will be remembered and will live on in others hearts, certainly I'm sure I won't forget you. Catch up on your your sleep now... flowers

Goatshavestrangeeyes Thu 05-Sep-13 14:42:40

Wow. Never cried at a thread before...til now.

What a truly remarkable woman. A part of her will live on in all of those babies she has taken fantastic care of and given the best possible start in life.

RIP EMIN xx

nocarsgo Thu 05-Sep-13 15:04:17

Just read the entire thread from start to finish with no idea of what was to come and why it had been bumped. Enormous lump in throat right now. What a sad loss of a truly remarkable woman.

RibenaFiend Thu 05-Sep-13 15:50:14

I have just read this entire thread from start to finish with no idea why a zombie thread had appeared. I've been crying and optimistic throughout.

What an inspirational woman. What a wonderful way with words and how unfair life can be.

Love and strength to her family, her babies and her babies families. She had touched a lot of hearts

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Sep-13 16:12:17

Hello there

Thanks to everyone who's asked for this to go into Classics. We've moved it there now.

Notafoodbabyanymore Thu 05-Sep-13 17:13:00

Like many others, I've only just come across this thread. What a wonderful story, but a sad, sad ending. My thoughts and prayers are with EMIN's family. What a wonderful woman she was.

WeAreEternal Thu 05-Sep-13 18:31:44

I have read this thread several times since EMIN started it, and it makes me cry every single time.

EMIN was a truly amazing woman and the world will certainly be a slightly dimmer place without her in it.

I don't doubt for a second that she is somewhere wonderful looking down on all of her foster children and her family.

RIP EMIN. flowers

Happiestinwellybobs Thu 05-Sep-13 19:39:54

I have only just read this thread today having seen the sad news. At the time of this thread, I wasn't a member of MN. I joined in April 13, after we brought home our beautiful DD, aged 10 mo. A gorgeous girl who had been with an amazing foster family since just after birth, and who had had to withdraw from heroin.

I have read the thread with tears pouring down my face. EMIN, you were one of life's angels; those amazing people who inspire all those around them . You will have changed the lives of so many children.

God bless you and all your family. Rest in Peace x

HomeEcoGnomist Thu 05-Sep-13 20:47:21

I've never read one of these threads before, but I am humbled by EMIN's capacity for love and compassion

Thoughts are with her family at this very sad time

McKTastic Fri 06-Sep-13 01:41:52

Active convos showed the news from EMIN's daughter & led me here. This thread has kept me company while I've been feeding my lo. Thinking of your family EMIN, Rest in Peace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now