Bit aof a vent about univited groping

(847 Posts)
CyradisTheDMSlayer Sat 22-Aug-09 17:49:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dejavuaswell Sat 15-Jan-11 12:33:46

I never worked out if "Extended" was a troll from the start, became a troll half way through the thread or was just very, very strange.

I was never over clear about his/her gender either.

Don't have food or drink with you when you get to the lambing shed section! Trust me! grin

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/812225-Bit-a of-a-vent-about-univited-groping

mama2leah Thu 15-Oct-09 15:58:08

this is funny...

retiredlady Tue 01-Sep-09 08:31:08

Sorry I have not read the entire thread it was just seeing the words dower house got me thinking about the talk I gave and so on.

BitOfFun Tue 01-Sep-09 08:23:21

Forgive me if I remain sceptical "retiredlady" - welcome to MN, I see you are new.

retiredlady Tue 01-Sep-09 08:15:24

I am going to show my age here. A couple of generations ago almost everyone living in the countryside would know about the reason for the dower house and would also know two or three in the area they lived. I imagine that people in towns would not share this knowledge because I don't think that dower houses were an urban feature.

Now there is so much more mobility you might think that more people would know about this surprisingly enlightened idea but I remember giving a talk on local history in the village hall and almost nobody knew about the concept behind the name dower house although there was one less than a mile away.

Here endeth the lesson.

JonAndHateTheDailyMail Tue 01-Sep-09 06:07:50

Carrie: Did you hear that guy with the crappy fake poly blog has self-published a book? What makes them think being a writer is oh so simple?

Miranda: Gawd, I know... What a loser. He managed to sell 2 copies. He couldn't help himself and his mother bought the other one.

Samantha: Well, tbh he wouldn't know what a multiple partner was even if it fucked him senseless with the car keys bowl wink

Charlotte: Oh you guys! Come on... Being sexually frustrated is not easy. I should know, I swapped religions just so I could get a better fuck.

Mr Big: Whateva. Did someone mention sex?

grin

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Sun 30-Aug-09 19:41:11

grin

I often wonder what he'd think if he looked through the internet history. The amount of dodgy stuff I've followed links to from here, he'd probably wonder what on earth I was up to.

CyradisTheSeer Sun 30-Aug-09 19:06:28

expatinscotland Sun 30-Aug-09 18:54:20

That just makes it all the more bullshitty. I mean, SGB had come on here once and said the sister thing and poly aren't kosher,and I know I believer her over all these trolls.

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Sun 30-Aug-09 18:47:56

grin Funnily enough, not a single one, no.

They're quite a lovely bunch and made me feel very welcome.

So Extended, you great loon, actually you've opened at least one person's eyes to the very interesting world of polyamory, and haven't at all coloured how I feel about it. <raspberries>

expatinscotland Sun 30-Aug-09 18:41:30

Any twin sisters with co-husbands living on large estates complete with Dower Houses, Reality?

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Sun 30-Aug-09 18:38:21

Yeah it's all a pile of rubbish.

I've had a very diverting afternoon reading all about polyamorous relationships and the dynamics etc. It's been very enlightening.

expatinscotland Sun 30-Aug-09 18:35:42

SGB's open about her lifestyle, which is non-monogamous/polyamourous and she's always been good about answering questions, she's not potty or bullshitter like this stuff.

Makes me more inclined to believe this is a total crock.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sun 30-Aug-09 16:05:51

well that was a fun read. Am totally confused now grin

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Sun 30-Aug-09 15:02:13

<snort> at the poly-tunnel. Fnaaar.grin

I've been bothering people asking questions over on Polyamory.com

It's very interesting and they're not at all barking like Extended et al.

BitOfFun Sun 30-Aug-09 14:53:43

I tried googling, Reality, but all I got was Alan's poly tunnel- I wonder if it sees much action?

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Sun 30-Aug-09 14:42:51

Jem, go and have a nose around the Internet, i have and it's very interesting, and as you say NOTHING like how anyone on here has put it.

It fascinates me, actually.

jeminthepantry Sun 30-Aug-09 14:24:33

I would actually like to write to someone who is a genuine poly, not in a deflammatory way, in a serious, sociologically interested way, but the language used in the couple of seeming poly posters has put me off.

I actually know someone who lives a poly lifestyle, and the way you post is sooooo different to how she talks about her family set-up, that I wonder if you are for real.

Sorry, just how I see it.

AccioPinotGrigio Sun 30-Aug-09 14:12:04

iamapolytoo = extended = maryfrombrum = all the rest.

Enough already. Your idiolect gives you away, every time.

The only thing i can't fathom is why BUT I am leaning towards a diagnosis of chronic attention seeking. Well there you've had some attention from me but that's it.

expatinscotland Sun 30-Aug-09 12:50:47

'This whole thing is a wank fantasy, and ALL the Poly posters are part of it.

<gavel> '

TOO RIGHT!

Yawn @ more attention-seeking bullshit threads 'I'm poly can I talk about it here' and then when posters ask questions the usual 'I didn't really start this thread to talk about my lifestyle' but then doing so.

Find something else to troll about!

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Sun 30-Aug-09 12:02:45

I've just been for a meander around the internet, and it would seem that most polyamorists are quite repulsed by the idea of sharing sisters.

This whole thing is a wank fantasy, and ALL the Poly posters are part of it.

<gavel>

Iamapolytoo stop being a martyr! Start a thread about your lifestyle, rather than riding the coat tails of someone who has proved themselves to be an idiot.

You might find some support, you might not.

But you'll never know, if all you're going to do is hang around on this thread feeling sorry for yourself.

CyradisTheSeer Sun 30-Aug-09 11:12:27

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Sun 30-Aug-09 10:11:13

Bored now.

CyradisTheSeer Sun 30-Aug-09 09:53:46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now