Tim Dowling, for example, is a twat

(485 Posts)
Robespierre Sun 17-May-09 16:28:36

..who writes moderately entertaining columns about his personal life in The Guardian. Yesterday's was about the perils of self-googling, and in particular of an episode of self-googling which returned the text 'Tim Dowling for example is a twat'

Where did he find that humbling line?? On mumsnet of course!

In the article he claims to have given up self-googling, but we know that isn't true, don't we.

Shall we give him a few more personal insights? I think he is less of a twat than Jon Ronson and he doesn't have a whiney voice.

Tinker Wed 20-May-09 17:30:50

Rachel Cook, for example, is a twat. She was the child-hater going on about how little time there is to read all teh books she wanted.

Apologies if she's already been twatted. Similarly, the next one but not reason not to twat her again:

Polly Vernon, for example, is a twat.

Blick Sat 23-May-09 06:27:17

Tim Dowling, for example, has a spat. Good column this week.

DamonBradleylovesPippi Sat 23-May-09 20:27:53

yup. sometimes I think Tim Dowling must have a cmaera in our house.

DamonBradleylovesPippi Sat 23-May-09 20:27:54

yup. sometimes I think Tim Dowling must have a cmaera in our house.

Hassled Sat 23-May-09 20:29:35

Blick, it was a great column. I love his wife - I do that premature washing up thing as well.

I was so hoping for an MN mention though

muffinmonster Sun 24-May-09 22:56:00

"The episode concerns a couple who some years ago bought two boxers, Daisy and Duke."

Surely that's a coded reference to his jersey underwear? A PAIR of boxers, geddit?

monkeytrousers Mon 25-May-09 07:02:03

MP, you tossed glitter on your thread? What does one eat before-um-hand to achieve this...?

monkeytrousers Mon 25-May-09 07:02:43

doh - shed - I know you toss all over threads all the time. grin

MisterUdagawa Sat 06-Apr-13 11:37:01

now look

Blumerz Sat 29-Jun-13 22:31:02

Has anyone ever looked up the word "twat"? After hearing "twat" repeatedly on a brief outing into the town centre today I came home and looked it up. I was horrified to think females are sharing this part of their anatomy in association with rather despicable types, both male and female. Wonder how it gets used in the playground, simply because it sounds less ugly and harmful than other derogatory terms...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now