British Gas are bastards and i hate them and they smell of poo.

(164 Posts)
NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 10:17:29

Checked online banking this morning, as i do every day.

My normal direct debit to BG is £60 per month Gas and £57 per month Electricity. Got the last 1/4ly bill Sept so the monthly amount hasn't changed and i haven't been notified of any intention to change.

The fucking twats have taken £108 for the Gas and £59 for the elctricity. Whenh i phoned them up the nob on the phone told me that "they" have decided that from now on my monthly bill will be £108 for gas and £80 for electric as "i might use more energy in the future".

The over payment has actually left me in credit for both bills.

I have cancelled said direct debit and am switching.

It's only two months ago they took my monthly payment 6 times in one month!

angry angry

FlirtyThirty Thu 23-Oct-08 10:18:17

Switch with Which!

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 10:19:08

Ooo, will have a look!

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 10:19:11

fuckers 0 thats the prob with DD

i am with n power and at one point i changed to standing order - and they said that they didn't recognise it and made it really very difficult - i kinda said i dont give a shit what you recognise or ithat your systems aren't set up for it - i've paid you so deal with it

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 10:20:57

I know, they are cunts custy. BG charge you more if you pay by standing order.

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 10:47:49

fecking cock munchers. how can they cahrge you more?

feckers

nickytwoooohtimes Thu 23-Oct-08 10:49:19

BASTARDS>
Scottish Power are a bunch of twats too.

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 10:50:56

RAAAAGH! Have just gone to switch online to Eon, saves me about £200 and i get clubcard points.
Fucking nobrotting bastards won't let me switch as they have registered TWO electricity meters on my property. I'v been paying double bubble for over a YEAR!!!
angry angry

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 10:56:44

fucking cuntwhackers - two meters? gt your money back and change fuckers

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 10:59:16

Am on the phone to them as i type. They are trying to tell me they are only charging me for one, i have eon on the other line giving me the supplier numbers for BOTH meters.

Am going to tell them you have judged them as cuntwhackers. Will let you know if they hang up. grin

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 11:00:19

yes indeed the cunwhacker reference has a lot of sway in these situations

try cock muncher too - that always works to get a result

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Oct-08 11:01:05

DP threatened to take them to court as they took money out of his account that he hadn't authorised which is theft. they refunded him pretty quickly after that. we are switching to utilities warehouse i think (BG tried to keep us by offering low bills so DP thinking now)

nickytwoooohtimes Thu 23-Oct-08 11:01:09

God, it is infuriating trying to deal with energy companies. It took us months to get our money back from Scottish Power.
The words 'small claims court' helped.

titfortwat Thu 23-Oct-08 11:02:32

i can't stand the bastards either. They just don't give a toss about customers.

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:04:09

apparently i am not allowed to switch cos i have an outstanding balance.

YES LOVE, IT'S A FUCKING CREDIT BALANCE YOU STUPID BITCH

she is currently speaking loudly and slowly in a very annoying accent.

i am swearing.

nickytwoooohtimes Thu 23-Oct-08 11:05:01

shock
They really are usless cnuts, aren't they?

AuraofDora Thu 23-Oct-08 11:05:18

they all are feckers really
had to kidnap BG guy once to make him see how wrong they were!!
(well we locked him in and explained a very long tedious story where they were so in the wrong, it still resulted in a pre payment meter)

it is almost cartel-like the fuel companies
apparently there is not much difference between them (according to dispatches last night about 50p a week) and best deals are for new customers...so i guess you keep switching is the best advice

feck feck ..choice.... fecking ..choice ? fecking ..free market fecking feckington feck ... fecking bullshitting nonsense

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 11:07:45

w eleft them for the same reason. And you speak to 47 different poeple, none of whom ever reads what the previous person wrote. Argh!

titfortwat Thu 23-Oct-08 11:08:06

Go to the obudsmen

dilbertina Thu 23-Oct-08 11:08:11

.....AND BREATHE EVERYONE!

titfortwat Thu 23-Oct-08 11:09:11

I asked them once where they lived, because we were all going around hers for a bath smile

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:09:21

Fucking cunting fuckwits. angry

Right, i am now not allowed my money back (the credit balance) as they have not read my meter since sept and they are saying i might be lying about it being MY money?? WTF!

I WANT TO SWITCH LET ME GO!!

Christ, i feel like Nelson Mandela, there'll be a song about in the charts next

Freeeeeeee, free me from British Gas.....

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:10:53

Now the stupid cow has told me to stop typing and listen to what she is telling me!

Please list your responses and we can take bets on which one will force her to hang up on me

titfortwat Thu 23-Oct-08 11:12:54

you are typing a letter to the Daily mail now

Twixabix Thu 23-Oct-08 11:17:06

say that you are filling in your online claim for teh small claims court, and ask for the directors name so that you can address it to him!!

jumpingbeans Thu 23-Oct-08 11:17:12

Err,excuse me, what is a cuntwhacker? is a fly swat type thing?

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 11:17:47

did you tell her you are telling all us on mumsnet, blow by blow? grin

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:17:49

ok, have told her i'm in the middle of typing a letter to the press and have asked her for her full name so i can quote her grin

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 11:21:16

grin
This is better than watching telly.

AuraofDora Thu 23-Oct-08 11:22:29

say am not typing, my fingers are convulsing due to stress at having to deal with fuckwits such as she and the fuckwhittering company that she represents..
..they will be typing soon, firing off letter to consumer association, ofgem and mp, can i have your name please

or say what titfortwat said, thats funny !

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:23:17

have told her i am updating my online public blog (mumsnet)
she has put me on hold to speak to her manager

nickytwoooohtimes Thu 23-Oct-08 11:23:54

I'm on the edge of my seat here...

Uriel Thu 23-Oct-08 11:24:22

Good one, newspirits. Can't wait for the reaction!

Tamarto Thu 23-Oct-08 11:27:11

Sock it too them, useless bunch of fuckwits, although to give them their due they are no where near as bad as AOL who believe that they do not actually have to provide the service you pay them for hmm

Funniest thread i've read on here in ages!

Bramshott Thu 23-Oct-08 11:30:09

Tell her we are all waiting with bated breath and our fingers poised over the USwitch website, depending on her response to you! grin

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:31:24

right! The "manager" has now come on the phone and called me ms newfromold (as in mzzz) i have told him that actually i am a miss as in I AM MISSING MY FUCKING MONEY

He has told me i am not allowed to slander BG online???

Quick, give me some more answers for him

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:32:34

have just asked him for his email address so i can send him a link to this thread as i am not slandering anyone, i am merely doing a public service by highlighting their utter crapness.
I am now back on hold sad grin

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 11:32:46

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sings along

waits for update - this is exciting

Tamarto Thu 23-Oct-08 11:32:55

It's only slander if it's untrue.

Tamarto Thu 23-Oct-08 11:33:29

What are you holding for now?

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:35:04

eon are on other line, i have two phones going and feel very american powersuited type lady. The lady is telling me to keep posting and is asking me to read it out to her grin Apparently i am on speaker phone in the eon offices....

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 11:35:17

tell them you are writing a letter to MP

you work as a journo type and you just happen to know ...erm....shit name someone........a consumer correspndant

you are e-mailing watchdog - they say they are going to ring you when youg et off the phone - they are interested in running a piece

Lousfriend Thu 23-Oct-08 11:35:37

And it's libel anyway, not slander. twaT.

With direct debit they are NOT ALLOWED to change your payments without giving you notice. This is from the financial ombudsman.

nickytwoooohtimes Thu 23-Oct-08 11:35:57

's not slander.
Loving the 'missing money'.

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:35:57

tamarto - i think i am just holding whilst they slag me off....or they may be frantically googling?

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 11:35:58

HELLO EON

BRITISH GAS ARE CUNTWHACKERS

AND

COCK MUNCHERS

Tamarto Thu 23-Oct-08 11:36:31

grin i am cying with laughter now!

Twixabix Thu 23-Oct-08 11:37:06

Watchdog would be VERY interested. They ran a piece last week about how fuel prices have actually dropped to the suppliers but they have not passed this saving onto customers. By law they cannot change direct debits without prior consent.

nickytwoooohtimes Thu 23-Oct-08 11:37:59

Yes, and the Grundian Money section on Saturdays is frequently filled with letters and articles about BG.

Tamarto Thu 23-Oct-08 11:38:36

Tell them that if they will insist on keeping you on hold, you will be charging for your time, surely someone there has a clue?

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 11:39:04

you are writing to martin - that money saving expert

Twixabix Thu 23-Oct-08 11:39:04

Quote them this [[http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2008/10/energycompanies_revealall.html}}

Twixabix Thu 23-Oct-08 11:40:13
NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:41:18

He's back! Have just told him it's libel not slander as per lousfriend helpful post.

Woman on phone from eon is now making strange hiccoughing noises down the phone.

BG "manager" is now giving me lecture on getting more bees with honey.

I DONT WANT BEES I WANT TO SWITCH AND I WANT MY MONEY YOU NOB JOCKEY TWATTING WANKY FUCK

unhappy Thu 23-Oct-08 11:41:27

cant beleive the expletives on this post its had me in stiches - British Gas dont you just love em grin

JJ Thu 23-Oct-08 11:42:14

They are all taking showers so they do not smell of poo anymore. Then they will accuse you of libel.

Can you slander someone to their face? I mean, is it slander if I say to someone "You are a skanky bitch whore?". If they're not, that is. Otherwise it's just true.

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 11:43:27

grin lol lol lol - Hello EON!!! Fuck off BG

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 23-Oct-08 11:45:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 23-Oct-08 11:45:31

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:45:51

HE STILL WON'T GIVE ME HIS EMAIL scaredy cat tosspot.

Am humming nelson mandela song whilst he talks at me. He is not happy. I think eon lady is choking, do i call 999?

Bramshott Thu 23-Oct-08 11:46:31

Hello Mr BritishGas who has just googled this.

We are being tongue in cheek when we call your company a bunch of c**whackers, BUT we do demand to know:

1. Why you changed Ms Newspirits Direct Debit without informing her?

2. Why you are obstructing her consumer right to switch suppliers?

3. Why you seem to have no idea how many meters you have on her property?

4. Why you are making such obscene profits, yet charging customers through the nose, and clearly not spending enough money on staff training and consumer relations?

Thank you!

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 11:48:14

is EON lady reading along? Oooh, Oooh please sing kumbaya down the phone to him - he will burst a vessel grin

Tamarto Thu 23-Oct-08 11:48:57

Do you have a third phone? The nice people in her office will dial 999 if needed, but beware if they hear you they may not be able to help her through the laughter grin

Tamarto Thu 23-Oct-08 11:50:05

FREE THE MUMSNET ONE FROM HER CONTRACT FROM HELL!!!!!

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 11:50:31

start saying the lord's prayer mumbling under your breath

unhappy Thu 23-Oct-08 11:52:06

havent laughed all day until now thanks

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:53:01

Have just snorted, at kumbaya. I think i may have burst BG mans eardrums.

He has told me to stop typing before he considers LEGAl ACTION!!

Yer right, you are a bald sweaty man in a cheap asda suit and have about as much legal action as a dead dog.

Eon lady must be reading, she has just been heard telling people to "come and look" grin
Note to Eon lady - please stop making choking noises, you had me very worried.

WHERES MY MONEY!!!!

BALD BG MAN (sorry got carried away with caps there) is now "recalculating my bill on their system"

Lousfriend Thu 23-Oct-08 11:53:03

If you fancy a threesome phone call (oo-er) then here is how to contac the energy ombudsman

BTW, Mr British Gas, I was going to switch to you next month when my fixed rate electricity ends. I'm not going to now because you're clearly twaTs.

sb6699 Thu 23-Oct-08 11:53:37

This is hilarious!!!!!!!!

Has the eon lady got her breath back yet?

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:54:46

have read your post to BG man bramshott,

he says he cannot comment on individual cases! WTF

I have a name! Don not reduce me to a faceless individual!

soon2be3 Thu 23-Oct-08 11:54:47

Let it go to court. My husband and I knew we were in the "right" so we allowed BG to issue a writ against us (this was back in 2000).

5 days prior court appearance, we received an apology letter and a refund!

Never heard from BG again!

We do not have a gas supply, we never had electric with them, we never consented to a switch over - we asked for proof, but it was not forthcoming.

IMO British Gas are dishonest bullies, who attempt to extort money from those they deem "an easy target" - that is, those they reckon will not have the wherewithall to attend a court appearance to defend themselves.

The fact that 8 years on, am I still hearing of similar stories, just goes to show how corrupt this country is.

sb6699 Thu 23-Oct-08 11:55:00

Do you have a third phone?

Could you phone scottish power for me and ask why they have put debt collectors onto me to collect £1038 for a flat which is EMPTY and has a fucking pre-payment meter cos nobody seems to know when I phone.

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 11:55:28

farkin cracking up - sides hurt. Coooeeee EON lady grin if we all switch to you, will you let us sing kumbaya to you?

elesbells Thu 23-Oct-08 11:55:31

BG man might not be totally bald - be careful of libel/slander thing

wink

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:55:44

ok am mumbling lords prayer now. BG man keeps asking me to speak up.

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:56:42

eon lady is singing kumbaya grin grin

jumpingbeans Thu 23-Oct-08 11:57:15

lmao @ Miss-ing money,

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 11:57:41

ROFL, can't breath grin

Bramshott Thu 23-Oct-08 11:57:47

He can comment to YOU about individual cases though surely, as you are the individual in question hmm

He can just let the rest of us know about the obscene profits!

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:58:09

sad BG man has told me to stop being childish or he will "terminate" me. sad

I've told him i have children and that would be very cruel.

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 11:58:39

I'm bored, might call BG and tell them I would never use their company not ever!

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 11:58:54

Go EON lady!! - I can't stop laughing. OK, now stat humming in a deep continuous tone.

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 11:59:31

NMC - tell him you have just read a "new review online" grin

jumpingbeans Thu 23-Oct-08 11:59:46

Bloody hell, he's Arnie

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 12:00:25

Oh what a fucking wanker kill joy stuffy twat. Tell him you have medical condition, opposite of tourettes, you randomly spout prayers instead of swearing.

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 12:01:04

ok am humming in a monotone, he is loudly telling me why i have two meters, it's my fault apparently, i think he is close to the edge.
Eon lady has asked if you can all wave lighters in the air to support me grin

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 12:01:25

your a customer. remind him he has to be nice so ner ner

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 12:02:25

(sways with lighter)....all we are saaaaaying, is give new a chance...... all we are saaaaying (etc!)

sb6699 Thu 23-Oct-08 12:02:34

Wonder if call centre operators from BG and EON are secretly lurking on this thread grin

Would so love to be a fly on the wall in their offices if they are!!!

littlerach Thu 23-Oct-08 12:03:00

This is hysterical.

I am rofling really now!!!

BG are so crap.
WE have no gas yet they kept sending us details on how or swap with them..
And when we mmoved here they kept dd ing someone who lived here hundreds of years ago even though we told them they didn't live here.

And they sent us a bill for £2K when we weren't with them.

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 12:03:49

Tell BG "respect maa authority"

littlerach Thu 23-Oct-08 12:04:10

BTW, (E ON Lady)

We are with EON and they are very good so far.

Even better now I've raed this. grin

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 12:04:44
mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 12:05:09

tell him "gas is like a box of chocolates, you never know how it expensive it will get"

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 12:05:39

just told DH and he reminded me of the trouble we had when we moved house and BG acccpted the new tenants inaccurate reading - a meter reading that the meter hadn't even reached yet and sent us a bill for 5 zillion pounds and refused to send a reader round. We went and looked and it wouldn't reach that reading for nother 5 years!
The BG man was rude and patronising and it took months to clear up. Guess who aren't BG customers any more....

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 12:05:59
Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 12:06:56
Hassled Thu 23-Oct-08 12:07:17

I'd like to give British Gas my very best wishes - have had the shittest of shit mornings and thanks to them am now giggling to myself like a loon - thanks BG

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 12:07:26

sad sad sad BG man has terminated me. His head exploded and he hung up.

In his words;
"if you must persist in this childish and quite frankly provocative behaviour i will refuse to deal with you."

In my words;
"so does that mean i haven't earned any bees with my special brand of honey then?"

him;
"click... burrrrrrr"

Eon lady has told me they will release balloons for me if we record a single. Is loving the lighters.

Well this is a sad end to a traumatic period of my life, i feel violated but i know that one day i will taste the fruits of freedom and you, my fellow mumsnetters and Eon ladies alike will be there to welcome me with open arms.

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 12:08:01

OK, muster up a little of your own gas, sit on the phone (yes, actually sit on it), and let rip then get back on the phone as if nothing happened.

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 12:08:54

now you complain to his manager that he dissed a customer and didn't sort out your complaint.
When can you leave BG?

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 12:08:57
mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 12:09:15

aaaaaaaaaaww, boring fat baldy BG man

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 12:09:45

oh mama, if only you had advised me to do that just a few minutes earlier it may just have helped me win. sad grin grin

So has he released you??? Can you switch??

mamalovesmambo Thu 23-Oct-08 12:11:07

fark it, had so much more planned for our crusade. Can't you think of someone else we can help you annoy?? grin

Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 12:11:08
Tortington Thu 23-Oct-08 12:12:14
NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 12:15:15

am rofling loudly at custy.

No, i have not been released from their sweaty vice like clutches. Eon have advised me to go to the ombudsman and have said they will try putting my application through anyway to see what happens.
I have still not got an answer about my money. angry

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 12:17:47

Right, am off to the office now.
I am deffo going to print this out though, i might even send the link to watchdog. Do ya think they would repeat it verbatim on their show.

Picture it, Mr BG baldy guy sat in a chair whilst Nick reads him out the choicest bits onn camera.

"So Mr Baldy BG man, mumsnet have judged you to be a cuntwhacker. Does this mean you are going to lower your prices?"

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Thu 23-Oct-08 12:24:20

ROFL this thread has had me in creases! Well done newspirits grin Hope you get your money back soon.

I have just PMSL at this, fab thread!!!

Hi Eon Lady <<<waves>>>

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 12:26:28

stop your direct debit for starters.

skyatnight Thu 23-Oct-08 12:26:46

I hate Thames Water or whatever they are called. The term 'cuntwhackers' referring to them doesn't even approach the strength of my feelings against them. The depths of their mind-numbing incivility, stupidity, insolence and bureaucratic wankerdom has reduced me to a dribbling mess in a self-imposed straight-jacket (on occasions). Don't want to talk about it. angry

ROFL at this thread, how soon can it be moved to Classics.

Perhaps we could do a mass move to Eon in protest of NewSpirits incarceration.

Well, you lot could, I am stuck with SwissGas or whatever they are called here.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 23-Oct-08 12:53:57

OMG.......I go off to nurse my son for a while and miss the funniest thread in utter yonks!!!

I have just choked my lunch and the DS's are having to nurse me!

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 23-Oct-08 12:56:14

just to say, we changed a week or so ago from BG.......rang them a while back as it was raining hard and the rain was poring thro our boiler and was flodding the kitchen.........rang them in panic, could they care, nope fuckwits!!!

they would still have hounded me for the gas bill tho wouldn't they, even if I had have carked it from the gas leak that they refused to acknowledge!!!

TheInvisibleSpookDidIt Thu 23-Oct-08 12:57:58

Oh God, I feel sick with laughing so much.

BG phoned me the other day and asked why we have left them and whencan they reactivate the account.

We have never been with BG, lived here for 10 years and been with scottish power the whole time (and they're a bunch of wankers too- we cant leave them because we have white meter heating??? hmm).

This should be moved to classics grin

TheInvisibleSpookDidIt Thu 23-Oct-08 12:59:52

By the way, as all calls are supposedly recorded can you ask for a copy of the recording and put it on you tube so the whole world canhear what arses they are??

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Oct-08 13:02:29

this HAS to go to MN classics!

BTW i would LOVE for you to have to go to court about this in a way because in the end you are telling the TRUTH about them, its not libel/slander if its true is it??

Wonder if the eon lady will join MN tonightgrin

ChubbyDick Thu 23-Oct-08 13:15:25

OMG I haven't laughed so hard in ages! grin

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 13:18:58

<sneaks in stealthily whilst supposed to be working hard>

So if i go to court can i use this thread as my defence?

Yes my lord, i am refusing to pay on the grounds that BG are cuntwhackers.

Gavel. Judgement is found in favour of miss newfromold.

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Oct-08 13:19:32

i think custy may get in trouble a lot if you do thatgrin

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 13:20:51

Ah, not if she namechanges. wink

(i see shades of GF here. grin)

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Oct-08 13:21:31

maybe that could be her new name wink

I am waiting for EON lady to sign up as Kumbayagrin

Okay, whilst I am laughing my head off at the posts... do you get a bill from them on a qtr basis, if so, get out the last one and CHECK they have not forwarned you that you will see an increase in the DD.
They did this to me btut its in an afterthought kinda of way, so you may have missed it.
Just to check before you take it further.

I will dig out my BG stresses and link in a mo...

wessexgirl Thu 23-Oct-08 13:31:22

Lololol, Miss Newspirits and Custy both deserve the gold award for consumer services.

British Gas, otoh, deserve to have this thread blown up and writ large on every billboard in the land.

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 13:34:24

thanks elf, i have online billing 1/4ly and pay monthly by dd.
There was no notification of any change in the dd. In the past i have always had a letter from them.

I may change my name to missnewspirits now. grin

my woes with BG

well, if you have online billing, it wont be an issue as you dont get a paper bill, so they should have written specially to tell you.

Kick their arses grin

Cadbury Thu 23-Oct-08 13:57:34

Kiss ass Newspirits. I haven't enjoyed a thread so much for a long time.

Cadbury Thu 23-Oct-08 14:06:26

Oops, that should be Kick, not kiss! blush

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 14:48:21

kiss ass eh? hmm

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 15:03:49

Don't work for British Gas do you Cadbury? grin

I am emailing them a link to this thread now on their website in the rather well hidden complaints page.

I doubt i'll get a response, they seem to be above actually doing anything other than take the piss really. Still, i expect it'll give them a bit of a laugh.

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 15:19:47

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 15:20:46

Oh shit! Have posted my name. Will have to have deleted now. Buggery bollocks. Sorry.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 23-Oct-08 15:29:46

tis a very good email tho.....and FWIW, no idea on your name still!!!

LOL at "Don't worry, i don't expect a reply to this, i haven't had a reply previously so fail to see why you would bother this time either."

have you linked to this thread by any chance???

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 15:32:00

I have! I thought it might help them. grin

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 23-Oct-08 15:42:29

I am sure it willwinkgrin.

it will certainly help eon with 'how not to treat customers'...wink.

I am wondering how long it will take for this thread to reach RL anyway, as all of the staff in the eon office have no doubt told family and friends, and someone is going to know someone who is in the media......

TheInvisibleSpookDidIt Thu 23-Oct-08 16:17:25

You realise this is going to end up in one of those e-mails that gets circulated; 'Genuine compalint recieved by BG', and they'll have to use it in their training seminars on how not to deal with customers grin

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 16:26:58

grin won't they have to ask mumsnet towers first though?

Oh, i could have a whole new career out of this, i could travel the world giving lectures on the use of expletives in a customer services setting.

saltire Thu 23-Oct-08 16:31:00

Well, I'm in debit to BG by £7.67 and £34.56 and they are letting me chnage suppliers!
Just thought I'd tell you. This thread is hialrious BTW

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Oct-08 18:19:10

oh i missed the email...can you post it again without your name?

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 18:31:26

Just for you mumofmonsters. grin

Surprisingly, i haven't had a response.

"Thank you for your complaint.

Your complaint reads as follows

I am writing to tell you that i have finally reached the end of my tether. Over the last year you have managed to take a direct debit six times in one month, mucked up my bills on more occasions than i can rememeber and this month have changed my direct debits without any notification whatsoever. Clearly this breaks the direct debit guarantee. I have been patronised, insulted and generally mucked about. I am thoroughly disgusted with your lack of customer service and amazed that none of your separate departments seem to have any idea what the others are doing. I have written today to OFGEM and also Watchdog with the full details of my complaint. Don't worry, i don't expect a reply to this, i haven't had a reply previously so fail to see why you would bother this time either. yours rather insincerely, MISS Newfromold. (yet another fed up ex customer.)

ps; As i don't have time to waste typing out the full details here is a link; You might find it helpful.

Your complaint has been assigned to the Online complaint handling team to begin an immediate investigation, they will be in touch with you shortly; this will be within the next 7 to 14 days.
In the meantime if you would like to review our complaints handling procedure please click here."

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Oct-08 18:34:26

LOL and very restrained considering the start of the thread! Did you link to this thread??

NewspiritsFromOldghosts Thu 23-Oct-08 18:39:24

yep!

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Oct-08 18:41:44

<SNORT>

I am so pleased that I am now in a position of being able to change from BG to any supplier I like grin
We ended up with an 18 month dispute with BG re our electric. We'd had new meters installed for gas and electric so the usage was nil, but they still told us that they couldn't do a bill as they didn't know what the beginning meter reading. I think at one point, DH yelled "WE WERE PAY AS YOU GO AND THE NEW READINGS WERE 0 AS THEY WERE NEW MACHINES YOU BLOODY NUMPTY"
They estimated our daily usage of gas for units we were struggling to meet in a week, given that we switch our gas off at the mains in the spring summer and autumn as its only for the heating. It gives DH great pleasure to switch them off and mutter to himsef "ha, try bill me now!"
DH did get a little obsessive re BG, he would come home and take meter readings at the same time every day and log them on a spreadsheet and would refer to them on the phone when he spoke to BG. It worked though, they cut our electric bill in half for a years worth of electric compared to waht they had originally wanted to charge us.
We were never going to get off on a good footing, given that we rang them monthly to get an electric bill and the first we heard from them was a court notice.

LOL at the email and even more LOL at Elf's DHs spreadsheets. He was a bit obsessed, no?

he became obsessed with it all, it was the BG effect grin

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Fri 24-Oct-08 10:27:02

any news today/replies to emails???

have EON rung you for another entertaining morning......

mamalovesmambo Fri 24-Oct-08 13:52:40

eh hem - Kumbaya is my copyright. ta wink

MerlinsBeard Fri 24-Oct-08 14:21:11

lol @ the spreadsheet!

MerlinsBeard Fri 24-Oct-08 14:21:29

oh and just spotted that it had been moved to classics yay!

Habbibu Fri 24-Oct-08 20:05:42

Fab thread - best for a long time. Think Eon lady deserves a payrise - the kumbaya and lighters were the best advert for any power company I've ever heard.

DonDonDonDonDOOOoonnnnNN Fri 24-Oct-08 20:50:50

grin applauds

MerlinsBeard Fri 24-Oct-08 21:10:57

so who looked at Eon in the back of this thread?grin

hunkermunker Fri 24-Oct-08 23:45:03

We're with Eon and I'd been considering changing supplier.

Who'd have known that a sarcastic customer services rep would be more of an advert for staying with a company than any slick advert?

So, Eon, save yer "ooh, we're so green and clever at energy stuff" ads and run with "BG are cuntwhackers" in big letters, to the tune of Kumbaya.

littleducks Sat 25-Oct-08 09:30:25

BRITISH GAS are bastards who DELIBERATELY LEAVE MOTHERS OF NINE MONTH OLD BABIES IN UNHEATED houses with NO HOT WATER or COOKING FACILITIES waiting for PRETEND APPOINTMENTS FOR A WEEK.

We moved into a new property, it had a gas prepayment meter which worked for five minutes then broke, we had gas heating, a gas cooker and a gas water system. So we rung them, they said they would come and dy after day i would ring them five minutes before their offices closed to say i have been waiting in all day as you cant schedule 'emergency' appointements to a time with my baby, in the cold. They would then pretend to ring engineer who would be 'around the corner' then the office would shut, but i later found out the dont have mobile numbers for engineers at the call centre.
The next morning i would ring and it woould start again.

It ended up with a lovely accuread man sitting on my kitchen floor ringing the emergency gas leak line saying this poor women is stuck with no gas as you have sent me instead of an actual engineer who fixes meter, they even hung up on him as it wasnt urgent enough!

and if the MD of british gas is reading this, please contact mumsnet towers to hunt me down to sue for libel as i have proof i informed you at the time, but as ever it was ignored, so changed companies and ripped out the meters (you may charge £60 but we got it done for free, despite your employees saying it would be more if done by another company)

pumpkinscantdancethetango Sun 26-Oct-08 15:58:44

OMG I have nearly pissed myself reading this. It is hysterical. Hope the cunts let you move

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sun 26-Oct-08 16:46:11

I love this! I've just been sent a letter saying tha BG owes me £101 from last year and I'm (coincidentally) transferring to Eon.

Okay, would you guys do the same if we phoned Setanta? They're still taking payments from us (we have proof of posting the cancellation request from last year) I can't swear though. I'm a clean living gal. wink

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Mon 27-Oct-08 12:47:53

Okay - I've just finished on the phone to BG. (they're sending me my refund) There was much joviality in the background which the telephone operator apologised for. I reckon they've caught NewSpirits and are currently tarring and feathering her. wink grin

Oh, and DH has rung Setanta. I think we're going to have a few ishoos with them....watch this space...

Kitteh Thu 20-Nov-08 16:07:49

They have to give you the money back by law and allow you to change.. British gas are the biggest fookers in the energy market.. they rip off everyone and do a lot of dodgyness..

giraffesCantRunA10k Tue 16-Jun-09 08:07:47

Having a shitty stressful time just now and looked up MN classics for some humour...this threads made me grin love it! {MN should be prescribed on the NHS}

MumVsKids Fri 25-Jan-13 22:28:11

Brilliant!! Both DH and I rofl ing at this!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now