He has eaten a fat ball

(300 Posts)
ManifestoMT Thu 06-Mar-14 00:09:13

And complained to me that it was a bit greasy.

Sigh

the fuckwit has eaten the fatballs made by the children in a park last week and left in the fridge to solidify.

I have no idea what culinary delight he thought they were supposed to be.

I wouldn't mind but he was there when they made them!

Dizzybintess Tue 05-Apr-16 08:28:23

My grandma once was in the kitchen cleaning her teeth and my mum had wrestled a jelly baby off the dog. It had teeth marks drool and hair all over it. Because grandma was blocking the bin my mum put it on a piece of kitchen towel to pop in the bin later.
My grandma thought it was a treat left for her so popped her falsies back in and had a good old chomp on it. We all sat there horrified and none of us had the heart to tell her. Poor grandma x
I still can't believe a grown man scoffed a fat ball

BreakingDad77 Fri 06-Mar-15 13:46:15

I heard at a large international conference, plates were brought out with a starter with discs of meat arranged in a vertical stack, due to the long time to serve all tables and the usual famished state people are in, some began eating theirs.

To which as bowls of boiling oils were coming out a panicked restaurant manager quickly ran around telling people to stop!

SoDiana Sun 04-Jan-15 16:58:55

I have drank engine oil from a Lilt bottle, smuggled a lump of solidified grease thinking it was toffee and finally commented on the spicy sauce on the olives which was in fact, green chillies with mayonnaise. In my defence, I was a child in the case of the former two.

wtffgs Fri 26-Dec-14 10:22:45

gringringrin

Posh, v senior colleague once ate pot pourri at a social event! shockgrin

jelly6jane Fri 26-Dec-14 02:33:56

this has really made me laugh. You shouldn't worry as he IS a grown up and therefore responsible for his own actions ;)

McChocolate Sun 23-Mar-14 11:41:02

DH has just extracted himself from the bedroom, worried I am crying. Well I am, but from laughter. Couldn't stand up straight for a while there.

mathanxiety Fri 14-Mar-14 14:37:30

From the look of horror on DD1's face, it wasn't one bit like cheese.
grin

nolongerbumpieorlumpie Fri 14-Mar-14 14:27:52

I want an update on the aftermath!!

Hogwash Fri 14-Mar-14 13:38:23

Bumping because I don't want this thread to end!

Would that be soap for artisans, soap made by artisans, or soap made FROM artisans, mathanxiety? grin And did it taste nice?

mathanxiety Thu 13-Mar-14 23:42:01

DD1 once took a bite of what she thought was cheese samples on a plate in the Whole Foods Market. It was actually artisan soap, lovingly handcrafted and very pricey and clearly marked 'Artisan Soap'.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 13-Mar-14 18:58:44

Once when my ILs visited, FIL helped himself to a handful of nibbles. Except it was pot pourri.

CleopatrasAsp Thu 13-Mar-14 18:28:08

This thread is hilarious. I was once baking but had to leave the mixture in a bowl as some relatives turned up. As I was faffing about making tea one of the relatives pinched a bit of the mixture saying: 'Oh, marzipan, my favourite!' I really don't think it was his favourite since he had just eaten raw ginger biscuit dough - still, serves him right for putting his germy fingers in my baking!

boofted Thu 13-Mar-14 16:33:58

I have not laughed as much as this for a long long time. Brilliant. DH laughed a lot too. Probably because he would do something like this.

frumpity33higswash Thu 13-Mar-14 13:20:51

sounds rude and indijestible

ZingSweetMango Thu 13-Mar-14 12:16:18

Sarah

do it! record it! put it on YouTube! grin

maffive Thu 13-Mar-14 11:20:46

DH has just asked me why I'm roaring with laughter. His response to the eating of fatballs was "Probably quite healthy - better than most of the processed crap you get in the shops". confused

Guess what he's having for dinner tomorrow... wink

SarahAndFuck Thu 13-Mar-14 10:38:13

Zing it would be worth it. I could probably get away with claiming the mealworm mix for the blackbirds is actually a bombay mix, see what he makes of that.

It would be like "I'm A Celebrity.." in our fridge, only less orange and without Ant and Dec. grin

Artemisia48 Thu 13-Mar-14 09:07:32

Is your H aware that he is now a Mumsnet Icon?...

ZingSweetMango Thu 13-Mar-14 07:24:47

Sarah

I can see you going round the petshop, buying various snacks and laying it out as a treat selection for your DH!grin

Hogwash Thu 13-Mar-14 00:46:10

(woman on maternity ward next to me ate hers grin).

Hogwash Thu 13-Mar-14 00:44:27

This thread is hilarious - DH came to check I was OK!

I hope you are never prescribed pessaries OP - he may think they are giant tic-tacs!

HereIsMee Thu 13-Mar-14 00:07:47

I am lying in bed crying with laughter. Surely the twig should have alerted him that something was wrong. How could he have forgotten the children making them.

SarahAndFuck Wed 12-Mar-14 23:55:35

My DH once complained to me that "the pick and mix you bought tastes awful, don't get it again."

Me: What pick and mix?
DH: The one you left in the kitchen, the chocolates with the pattern on them.
Me: grin You mean the chocolates with the paw prints on them? They're dog chocolates.

He was with me in the pet shop when I bought them.

I'm going to put a fat ball in the fridge just to see what will happen grin

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 12-Mar-14 23:17:45

Wow, is this still a thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now