To Kick These People Out #3 - the countdown begins

(1000 Posts)

The Beginning

The Middle

The end?

So... Long story short... There are horses, soon there should not be (I'm not good at summaries, they make me sound unreasonable).

We have a date! This Saturday! The horses should be taken away to pastures new, so we can roam the meadow in gingham dresses (dh looks good in a gingham dress) and we can have FuckYouFestivals to our heart's content.

There will be choirs and drums and bands and weapons and stackable goats and so much more!

Anyone who's read the threads knows I love a lurker. I can you see you out there. Go on, jump in while the thread's all new and shiny. You know you want to wink

Ida, send me some cheesecake. Please.

Growingold, I'll try to restrain myself wink

Meerka, I'll drink to that

Deja, I think the prosthetic backbone may be settling in

Morgause, cheers!

Marys, many thanks!

MissH, that's the plan for tomorrow smile

Lily, why thank you kindly

Jux, that sounds like a great idea. Make edible signs for everyone.

MrsN, I'm just doing the cake without the exercise blush

Bubble, thank you!

Toad, I will dance smile

Thegreylady, I thought I saw you earlier, I'm sure you were here helping wink

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone, it's been a busy morning/afternoon/few weeks.

You're all amazing.

Good for RL, hope the padlock's on?

Sauv, padlock is on. It can't have been easy for her to come back, but she was very lovely and said that stallion was happy going in the box and seemed ready for a new space. Which seemed a good positive spin to put on it.

SueDoku Sat 15-Feb-14 15:53:04

Fantastic news <de-lurks from hiding place in first thread> flowers and cake all round - including to RL.

Just got up from sick-bed to view half my fence splintered all over garden - sod it..! I'll break it up and bring it for the bonfire at the festival....... smile

Sue, sorry about the fence, but the Australians will appreciate the warmth smile

MiscellaneousAssortment Sat 15-Feb-14 16:30:31

Oh wow!!!!! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

Am so pleased grin

Let's there be cake cake and flowers flowers and horsey scarves all over the place...

You do know you can't disappear don't you? You now have a festival to organise xxx

Misc smile thank you. Well I can't disappear completely. There's still a trailer to be removed. And a shelter to possibly be dismantled.

PedantMarina Sat 15-Feb-14 17:06:19

Sorry I couldn't check in before. Adventure Island re-opened today, and it would have taken waaay worse weather to excuse not going. DS may have killed us in our sleep if we'd reneged.

Am home and cosy and finally catching up - WaHEEEEEYYY! Am confused, though - what's left for RL to be intermediary about? And what's the deadline for that?

And will see PP's coffee with Baileys and raise you:

Coffee
Baileys Chocolate
Amaretto
Spray whipped cream

Freaking gorgeous. You lot are so inspiring!

Pedant, I want that! I want that now!

grin

Trailer and shelter. Well, maybe shelter.

RL asked us if we wanted it or not, we said we weren't really fussed. RL built it and put a lot of effort in before UW was on the scene. She said she wasn't sure she had the energy to organise it being moved, but would if we wanted her to. I get the feeling she has had a lot of hassle with UW, and doesn't want to deal with her more than she has to.

The trailer is pretty stuck at the moment due to the wetness, so as soon as it's dry that'll go. UW owns it but RL said she's happy to arrange anything and everything. She thanked us for our patience and all the time we had given.

She added that she wasn't sure if companion horse and UW would ultimately stay with stallion, as she wasn't certain they were the right type of companion.

Worst case scenario we dump the trailer in the layby, lock the gate and tell RL we're keeping the shelter.

Dh just turned to me and said "it's really all ours now"

And he's right!

Meerka Sat 15-Feb-14 17:25:54

<laughing out loud> I wonder if the stallion would get quickly tired of UW?

RL does sound lovely smile

Meerka, we're lucky that RL was involved. She was clearly the driving force since UW couldn't even be bothered to get out of bed this morning

I've stuck a photo on my thread in chat. It's not very clear I'm afraid.

catsrus Sat 15-Feb-14 17:32:40

<breaks out the sloe gin, blackcurrant vodka and inadvertent marmalade brandy, passes a glass of each to FYC>

well done FYC and DH grin

Why thank you, catsrus smile

<raises glass>

To mumsnet! And all who take her advice!

<glug>

catsrus Sat 15-Feb-14 17:39:36

<glug> grin

It's not too early is it? Reckon we should crack open the champers?

Jux Sat 15-Feb-14 17:47:14

<double glug> grin

<gluggle dlub> grin

JerseySpud Sat 15-Feb-14 17:52:14

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Jersey, join us for a glug?

Jux Sat 15-Feb-14 17:57:38

Oh, that place is lovely, and what a sky! Fabulous.

Perfect spot for a festival

smile I love it.

and isn't it just

ThePearShapedToad Sat 15-Feb-14 18:00:29

Oh how beautiful op

So glad you and your dh kept going to get your land back. Gorgeous field and wonderful view!

not jealous

Enjoy the peace and serenity and here's to you having a fab 2014

Morgause Sat 15-Feb-14 18:02:00

OOh Such fun.

This thread is not accepting new messages.