My tip of the day for you all.

(324 Posts)
MissStrawberry Fri 04-Oct-13 09:07:28

You can thank me later.

When you want to get out of the car, it is always sensible, and useful, to take your seat belt off first.

You're welcome grin.

BuzzardBirdBloodBath Fri 04-Oct-13 09:51:20

Don't clean your teeth with hair removing cream...unless you have hairy teeth grin

hudyerwheesht Fri 04-Oct-13 09:57:24

Don't ever dissolve a stock cube in a mug if you happen to be drinking a mug of tea whilst cooking - just in case you should pick up the wrong mug for a quick slurp.
<boak>

TheCrumpetQueen Fri 04-Oct-13 09:59:51

Chaos grin

Next time you do that rub a lemon all over your face, kills the smell of garlic. I always use it on my fingers after cooking with it as I hate the smell

GinGuzzler Fri 04-Oct-13 10:01:34

Zing I was clearly oblivious to your inside out top as I was to focused on getting home as quickly as possible to put my own clothing right grin

Tee2072 Fri 04-Oct-13 10:02:30

Always turn on the burner or the water will never boil for pasta.

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Fri 04-Oct-13 10:02:51

Never Ever EVER skip with an imaginary skipping rope, They are lethal!

You could even brake your leg by doing so not that I did, honestly blush

ZingWantsCake Fri 04-Oct-13 10:04:13

tee

equally having the kettle/toaster plugged in does aid the process of heating up the water/toadting bread.

GinGuzzler Fri 04-Oct-13 10:05:13

Not me but an old school friend

Don't think baby oil is a good alternative for a VO5 hot oil hair treatment... Her hair was revolting for a week and a whole bottle of fairy washing up liquid was used trying to clean it...

jerryfudd Fri 04-Oct-13 10:06:12

If you have a keyless car it is wise to turn off the engine before getting out and walking off (wondering why the alarm was refusing to set)

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Fri 04-Oct-13 10:06:35

Oh and when you are about to have a head on collision with a van it is a good idea to push hard on the brakes, not the accelerator!

LittleMissWise Fri 04-Oct-13 10:07:19

The kettle doesn't live in the fridge and the milk doesn't go on the kettle stand!

I was getting really annoyed with the kettle because it wouldn't fit in the rack on the fridge door!

GinGuzzler Fri 04-Oct-13 10:07:43

Oh and this was me...

MrGins daughters came to oursbone weekend with headlice. I panicked and washed my hair with a whole bottle of Bob Martins dog flea shampoo... It burns your eyes people...

Don't leave your keys somewhere DH can mistake them for his own and pick them up next morning when his are already in his pocket and thus accidentally lock you in the flat all day with no means of escape.

GinGuzzler Fri 04-Oct-13 10:09:47

Also... Remove the sock puppet from your hand when deciding to staple hair on it...

somersethouse Fri 04-Oct-13 10:11:01

Take your knickers off before you get into the shower. HTH

ZingWantsCake Fri 04-Oct-13 10:14:21

don't ever think for a second that sleeping in is allowed or else!

- your DD1 (me) will persuade your DD2 (sis) that she is a good hairdresser and will cut her hair. or at least some of it. more at the front though and with a lot of skin showing as she thinks that "mauled by a dog" is a fashionable look.

- your children will decide to waterproof your sofa covers and their hair & clothes by spreading Vaseline on everything.
in a VERY thick layer. (DS2 & DS2 aged 3.5 & 2 respectively)

cakesonatrain Fri 04-Oct-13 10:14:44

When posting a birthday card (or anything, for that matter), remember to put a stamp on first. Remembering once your toddler has already posted it is too late.

ZingWantsCake Fri 04-Oct-13 10:17:35

leave ypu front door and all your windows wide open when leaving the house for 3 hours to do the school run and shopping.

it is THE BEST way of deterring burglars as it gives a clear signal that you have nothing that is worth stealing.
also makes the delivery man's job easier

win-win!

IBelieveInEngels Fri 04-Oct-13 10:19:10

Try to remember whether you put your scarf or cross body bag on first to prevent inelegant self strangulation in front of your colleagues on arrival at work.

IBelieveInEngels Fri 04-Oct-13 10:20:03

Norah I did that to exDP once!

I hope your ex DP bore it as uncomplainingly as I did smile

DanielMcSpaniel Fri 04-Oct-13 10:22:08

Don't put your electric kettle on the hob to boil...

ZingWantsCake Fri 04-Oct-13 10:23:20

always put your address on back of a letrer or a parcel for necessary returns.

put stamp on the same side as your own address ONLY if you need more time to think about whether you want to send that parcel or letter to someone else. This way when you recive the bloody parcel a week later you are now in a position to make te the right decision.

I don't suggest that you send the parcel to yourself for the second time. unless you are very indecisive. and have lots of money and time to waste!

GinGuzzler Fri 04-Oct-13 10:25:30

Oven gloves were invented for a reason.

Don't try to push a red fucking hot pyrex dish across the bench after just removing it from the oven 5 minutes earlier. You will undoubtedly end up with blisters.

BackforGood Fri 04-Oct-13 10:25:54

grin
Thank you ladies - these are all useful and I am taking notes.

Makes you wonder how those poor deprived souls who haven't found MN yet, manage... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now