Anyone up for an 80's music nostalgia thread?

(300 Posts)

I am pretty much Duran Duranned out from my previous thread but have been looking on You Tube and pretending it's the 80s again.

I give you this and this for starters.

Anyone beat them for 80s fabulousness? grin

Ooh I have found another of my favourites here

ShakeAndVac Sun 18-Aug-13 14:58:20

For you Shake

Sigh!! Gawd, he was hot. Now watching and listening to it. <comes over all teenage and unnecessary> grin
Gutted I missed this thread last night, I regularly have my own Youtube cheesefests so this would have been right up my street lol

ShakeAndVac Sun 18-Aug-13 15:01:58

Ooh, I loved that Climbie Fisher song, forgot all about that one. adds to next wine and cheesy music fest list
Loved this song too (not Climbie though) www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydOB-YNJ8Jw

Waspie Sun 18-Aug-13 15:04:23

Has anyone mentioned Crash by the Primitives? Brill. Saw them at ULU several years later. And Baby I Don't care by Transvision Vamp

And this the best Smiths track EVER grin

Paved the way for Brit Pop (is that a good thing? wink )

Waspie Sun 18-Aug-13 15:08:22

And this: the Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun

I had the Climie Fisher album on vinyl. someone bought me Belinda Carlisle "Heaven is a place on earth" but I took it back to Our Price and swapped it for Climie Fisher... not sure why I remember that!

ShakeAndVac Sun 18-Aug-13 15:11:59

How about this one and a bit of Morten Harket http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

ShakeAndVac Sun 18-Aug-13 15:12:47

Oops! Fail! Forgot to convert the link! Morten www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

InkleWinkle Sun 18-Aug-13 15:26:01

I spoke to John Taylor last night gringringringringringringringringringringrin

Ooh Inkle spill! What did he say? smile

InkleWinkle Sun 18-Aug-13 16:51:52

He said: (I was getting my book signed) What's your name? grin
Then I said my name & how to spell it (there's a couple of variation) and I said you'll be here for hours cos the queues huge and he laughed & said that's OK then he said Thanks Inkle & I said Thanks John gringringringrin
Then I went outside & fainted gringrin

oh Inkle what a lovely exchange between the pair of you. There was another MNetter there last night WilsonFrickett she has posted on the JT thread. smile

InkleWinkle Sun 18-Aug-13 17:12:13

There's a JT thread??

Here you go Inkle. smile

ShakeAndVac Sun 18-Aug-13 19:35:41

Oh just found the clip of the boy meets girl waiting for a star song. Love that one! I used to like the film Three Men and a Little Lady and this was the end song. brings down thread even further into cheesiness grin

Shaky Sun 18-Aug-13 20:50:28

Yay, I've just seen that this is now in Classics! Nice work Sparkling

ShakeAndVac Sun 18-Aug-13 21:08:21

I used to love Martika too. This is a favourite song of mine and I used to have her album on vinyl.
Eminem pinched her song for his chorus and now all the young peeps think it's an Eminem song. NO IT'S NOT! IT'S MARTIKA! lol grin
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvdLovAaYzM

ShakeAndVac Sun 18-Aug-13 21:48:51

I need to get the hang of the one single word on Mumsnet making a link.
Anyway!
For all those who think Mondays are a bit manic... grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAZgLcK5LzI

ShakeAndVac Sun 18-Aug-13 21:49:02

Forgotten about Martika. Not a massive Bangles fan-Walk like an Egyptian was not a favourite.

differentnameforthis Mon 19-Aug-13 03:06:41

Anyone posted this yet?

I snogged a guy who looked like Morten once, his name was Dave.

I don't know why I wasn't into Aha at all. confused

Dancergirl Mon 19-Aug-13 08:57:33

Loved A-Ha. But I preferred Mags smile

PurpleGirly Mon 19-Aug-13 13:12:12

Also just back from REwind 80s festival. It was fantastic - Nik Kershaw was brilliant and even came on stage to play with Chesney ( he wrote the one and only I think). Billy Ocean was also brilliant. It is worth going just for the fancy dress people wear! Can't wait for next year.

I was a goth chick and this https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=siouxsie+and+the+banshees+dear+prudence&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari was my favourite.

Later loved The Wonder Stuff - they are still touring and still brilliant.

differentnameforthis Tue 20-Aug-13 03:25:22

Sparkiling, that's how my crush on Nick started....I dreamt about him.

Last night, I dreamt of Chris Noth...I don't even LIKE him in RL..but in my dream I seemed to like A LOT! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now