sorry tmi but what could this be?

(276 Posts)
thebeastisback Wed 14-Aug-13 22:48:00

Hi a bit tmi sorryblush , we had some friends round tonight, we were having a nice chat when suddenly I got an agonizing stomach pain, it passed after a few seconds and I thought nothing of it until about five minutes later when it happened again then it started coming every few minutes, it felt like labor contractions. I had to excuse myself as the pain was so bad. I went to the bathroom, worried it was something I had eaten and there was something in my pants that looked like the mucus plug you loose in early labor probably about the size of two 5p coins stacked then the pain eased.
I went downstairs again and half an hour later it happened again, the regular pains then the loss. I am not pregnant and there was no bleeding just a slight pink tinge to the clots.
Any ideas? feeling a bit confused

ColinFirthsGirth Wed 21-Aug-13 23:21:13

congratulations!!

Samu2 Wed 21-Aug-13 22:25:57

Wow! I just find it so shocking that you didn't feel movements. No feet stuck in ribs? your stomach never moved around? that is just amazing!

I actually have tears of happiness reading this.

Massive congratulations. I wish I could have heard your families reactions when you told them.

Hatecoffee Wed 21-Aug-13 15:52:25

Amazing

SantanaLopez Mon 19-Aug-13 15:33:05

WOW

flowers cake

Congratulations!

ILivebytheRiver Mon 19-Aug-13 15:06:11

Wise words EMS23!

EMS23 Mon 19-Aug-13 12:45:42

Congrats OP, amazing outcome! I started reading because I was having similar pains myself and DH joked I was acting like when I was in labour! Glad to say mine were just a good old fashioned tummy bug.

Obviously many congrats but just in case you're not feeling 100% on top of the world about it, make sure you have someone you can confide in and talk to about it all.
If it were me, I would find it very hard to cope with and I'm sure your loved ones would understand if you need some support.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UriGeller Mon 19-Aug-13 12:13:40

Flippin eck! How utterly fantastic! cake flowers

Congratulations to you on having the easiest pregnancy ever and producing a healthy baby girl!

If you are in need of any baby stuff, pm me. My dd is 6 months now so I'm going through all the vast amounts of accumulated baby stuff she doesn't need anymore. smile

ILivebytheRiver Mon 19-Aug-13 11:56:46

Yes it would be lovely to see a photo! I imagine it's still sinking in - I wonder what her DP thinks about it all - to be dreaming about it one minute and then for it to actually happen? Unbelievable!

LongTailedTit Mon 19-Aug-13 10:15:34

Rooners Um, I think she may be a bit too preoccupied with her surprise newborn to keep us all updated!? grin
I'm sure she'll be back eventually!

DuchessFanny Mon 19-Aug-13 10:06:00

Congratulations !!! This happened to a work mate of mine, she didn't show at all and still had her periods. She had a healthy baby girl too.
Love little ones name, really pretty.

Figgygal Mon 19-Aug-13 08:53:27

I saw this days ago but didn't read it for fear of grimness noticed it in classics and glad I've read it now

grin and thanks in equal measure

Rooners Mon 19-Aug-13 08:23:09

Hope the OP is ok...where has she gone?

glastocat Mon 19-Aug-13 07:39:03

Wow! Congratulations! But how could you not know? I can just about get my head around this happening to someone who hadn't experienced pregnancy, but how could you not know there was a baby in there! Love the name you've picked.

youarewinning Mon 19-Aug-13 07:24:35

Awwwwwwwwwwww Congratulations thanks

I came as saw a TMI in classics and thought there's bound to be loads of discusting humour - but there's a baby. grin

Dontlookbehindyou Mon 19-Aug-13 07:14:33

Aww, your "trapped wind" is in classics lol

GW297 Sun 18-Aug-13 19:35:26

Wow, congratulations! Beautiful name.

mrspolkadotty Sun 18-Aug-13 09:38:41

Crying into my bacon butty now, how lovely!

Congratulations to you and yours - enjoy! xx

SoulTrain Sun 18-Aug-13 08:50:58

Oh this is so lovely!

Although I've been having feelings like baby movements that I've been putting down to wind recently....confused

Enjoy your Miss Ella! Xx

PrincessKildare Sun 18-Aug-13 07:47:40

Fantastic! Congratulations and Welcome Baby Ella.

HunterWellies Sun 18-Aug-13 07:38:44

shock No way! You had tummy cramps during a dinner party and it was a baby!!!

My dinner parties are so fucking boring...

Congratulations! Hope this goes into Classics, will nominate. Unbelievable that just a few days ago you were wishing for another dc too... Have you been polishing any lamps? smile

dottypyjamas Sun 18-Aug-13 06:32:28

Oh wow congratulations! Hope you're enjoying new born snuggles!

thanks thanks thanks wonderful news!

IneedAyoniNickname Sun 18-Aug-13 03:18:27

I've been avoiding this thread, just in case it was gross. I'm so bloody glad I read it (after it being linked on the other thread), although it made me cry :grin

Congratulations flowers

NatashaBee Sun 18-Aug-13 01:53:25

shock Wow, what a shock. Congratulations! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now