sorry tmi but what could this be?

(276 Posts)
thebeastisback Wed 14-Aug-13 22:48:00

Hi a bit tmi sorryblush , we had some friends round tonight, we were having a nice chat when suddenly I got an agonizing stomach pain, it passed after a few seconds and I thought nothing of it until about five minutes later when it happened again then it started coming every few minutes, it felt like labor contractions. I had to excuse myself as the pain was so bad. I went to the bathroom, worried it was something I had eaten and there was something in my pants that looked like the mucus plug you loose in early labor probably about the size of two 5p coins stacked then the pain eased.
I went downstairs again and half an hour later it happened again, the regular pains then the loss. I am not pregnant and there was no bleeding just a slight pink tinge to the clots.
Any ideas? feeling a bit confused

Uti?

coughingbeanintheoven Thu 15-Aug-13 06:41:55

how are you this morning beast? thanks

NotAroundTheEyes Thu 15-Aug-13 06:51:39

It sounds to me (speaking from bitter experience) like intestinal / bowel cramping associated with IBS. It can come in huge waves of breathtaking pain, a bit like being repeatedly kicked by a horse. Medication to treat it is called an antispasmodic which gives you a sense of the spasm like pain. The cervical mucus could just be from ovulation and a coincidence.

Mention to your GP: you can get antispasmodic tablets over the counter but best to have them prsecribed. Hope for your sake it's this and not something more sinister!

CityTiliDie Thu 15-Aug-13 07:02:18

Wierdly I had exactly the same pain but being male I'm certain I'm not pregnant.

It kept me up all night and made me feel so yuk I actually had a day off work (only the 3rd in 9 years)

Only after talking it over with DW did we work out that I had eaten some peanuts the evening b4 . I have had painful reactions to peanuts in the past but totally forgotten about it. It could well have been something you ate.

Hope you are feeling better.

PrettyFlyForAWifi Thu 15-Aug-13 08:13:30

Are you on the combined pill - one of its actions is to thicken cervical mucous and form a kind of plug over the cervix, much like in pregnancy. Eventually it sheds as you described.

I had this on Monday! Lost my 'plug' and everything. I got so freaked I poas ... Was negative, but I expected it to be. Dd is only 7 months and still bf lots.

Interested to see theories of wtf it was.

Jaynebxl Thu 15-Aug-13 08:24:56

I had pains like this and it was gall stones. No plug though.

mignonette Thu 15-Aug-13 08:27:30

Sounds like Mittelshmerz. If your next MP is in 14 days time, that'll confirm it.

Wommer Thu 15-Aug-13 08:29:07

I had this when I came off the pill. Always thought it was because the pill hormones weren't there anymore and the plug could come away.
Have you had any d and v or antibios recently which might have interrupted the hormones in the pill and allowed the plug to release?

KareninsGirl Thu 15-Aug-13 14:27:18

How are you today?

Sounds like mittelschmerz
Ovulation pain and egg white mucus

eurochick Thu 15-Aug-13 14:40:40

You shouldn't get mittelschmerz on the pill because you shouldn't be ovulating.

RegainingUnconsciousness Thu 15-Aug-13 18:34:34

Hope the OP is ok. I read this last night and have been checking all day.

Come back and update OP!

KareninsGirl Thu 15-Aug-13 21:38:54

Hoping you are ok OP

thebeastisback Sat 17-Aug-13 00:51:28

**update
so we found out what was causing the pains blush at 8:30 am on Thursday I gave birth to our beautiful baby girl. No idea I was pregnant, pains stopped after my last post then started again at 4 am dp took me to a&e and our little girl arrived 3 hours later.
We are all in total shock but have already fallen in love with her smile

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Sat 17-Aug-13 00:54:51

shock

Congratulations!! thanks

Wow! Congratulations! flowers

I nominate this for best update to a thread, ever!

MickleMe Sat 17-Aug-13 00:58:29

shock Bloody hell!

Congratulations flowers

Jesus Christ on a bike OP! thanksthanks Congrats!

Details then?...<nosey>

ImpulsePineapple Sat 17-Aug-13 01:01:38

REALLY?? grin grin

flowers flowers flowers

saffronwblue Sat 17-Aug-13 01:01:50

Wow! Extraordinary! Congratulatons!

thornrose Sat 17-Aug-13 01:02:17

Damn shock flowers

Congratulations! Plenty of cake flowers and brew for you and your DP!

QueenoftheHolly Sat 17-Aug-13 01:05:42

Just read this thread and am shock shock shock !

But obviously very pleased for you too :-)

Wow.

flowers cake and wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now