I've told you all before because I'm a boring bastard but I am going to Le Gavroche tomorrow and MICHEL ROUX IS GOING TO MARRY ME

(164 Posts)
GetOrfMoiLand Wed 05-Jun-13 22:39:41

Possibly.

Anyway je suis tres excited and tres looking forward to the trolley des fromages (and looking forward to showing off my French)

ManifestoMT Wed 05-Jun-13 22:40:31

He is so not.

Enjoy the scoffs though

squeakytoy Wed 05-Jun-13 22:42:29

have you informed his wife grin

Pancakeflipper Wed 05-Jun-13 22:42:34

I would like to attend the wedding cos the food will not be a dried up beef spread sarnie.

So off to buy a hat and I just don't care how you word your invite regarding children or the wedding gift list.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 05-Jun-13 22:42:42

He is!

Anyway I cannot wait for the food. Ad DRINKS grin

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 05-Jun-13 22:43:14

grin at his wife. The lucky beggar.

squeakytoy Wed 05-Jun-13 22:44:53

the poor mare probably sees more of him on telly than she does in real life if the article I read recently was anything to go by.. he is never at home, his work is his entire life

thecook Wed 05-Jun-13 22:44:54

My mate cuts his hair (posh salon on Park Lane just a few metres down from Marble Arch). Next to the newsagents. Waa featured in the ES a few weeks ago due to the large numbers of Romanians that doss down outside during the night. He is lovely.

LittleBearPad Wed 05-Jun-13 22:45:17

Enjoy!

I went a few years ago - it was gorgeous and so was the lovely Michel when he came round the restaurant to ask each table if they had enjoyed their evenings.

BIWI Wed 05-Jun-13 22:46:48

Have you alerted him to the fact that you're going? Have you given him time to ready himself?

Pancakeflipper Wed 05-Jun-13 22:46:52

Can you ask him to do that TV series thing again (I was the person who watched it) where they took a group of young people and trained them in front of house stuff.

And update us on exactly what you ate.

ManifestoMT Wed 05-Jun-13 22:47:33

I do hope your excitement won't curb your appetite. Imagine the horror of guzzling down his creations in front of him!!!!

Don't forget to ask him to lick the dribbles of gravy (jus) from your chin

BOF Wed 05-Jun-13 22:49:06

I actually love him. Not for him, the siren call of cheap turkey and salty stock pots.

He is indeed gorgeous and twinkly and generally lovely and I would be envy, having never been there, but I am both excited and nervous about taking DC to the Manoir next week grin.

Areyoumadorisitme Wed 05-Jun-13 22:51:47

Oooo, enjoy! I am envious!

How come you 'might' be going? I may be missing something though as I don't understand half the posts on this thread! grin

Stealth, ditch the kids and take me, I'm ever so well mannered.

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 05-Jun-13 22:52:35

I'm jealous !!

Gingerbreadlatte Wed 05-Jun-13 22:52:57

Very envious. Please update in full details after

No food photos though!!!

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 05-Jun-13 22:53:23

I think I will pass out from excitement if he is actually THERE and comes around the tables.

I keep looking at the menu and wondering.

Plus dd doesn't drink wine so I will have her half of the bottle.

Oh god I am going to be a terrible show up. I hope I don't cackle.

Areyoumadorisitme Wed 05-Jun-13 22:53:34

Stealth, I'm sure it will be fine smile

I have a friend who knows Le manoir very well and has taken her kids there several times (they are now 5 and 10). They even got a personal tour of the facilities last time they went smile.

everlong Wed 05-Jun-13 22:54:36

Love that title. Laughed very loud just then.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 05-Jun-13 22:54:44

Ooh stealth re the Manoir.

No, I am definitely going. All booked.

Poledra Wed 05-Jun-13 22:56:30

Oh you lucky cow. Enjoy.

<grumps off - DH is cooking tea tomorrow so it'll be mediocre at best. And he won't be as easy on the eye either>

Course you will. Course you will.

Has he any say in it? Or will you leave him no choice?

BIWI Wed 05-Jun-13 22:57:34

I've been to both Le Gavroche and Le Manoir <shows off> and I have to say, I far preferred Le Manoir. It was much more relaxed and far less stuffy.

However, thinking of GetOrf's proclivities, Raymond probably isn't a fair substitute for Michel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now