A thread for those questions you wouldn't dare ask in real life/normally!

(415 Posts)
LittleMissGerardButlerfan Sun 02-Jun-13 17:14:03

Please feel free to ask questions and if I know the answer I will tell you, also feel free to answer others questions!

My stupid question is

Would I be able to see nits in my sons very short hair if he had them? (He has short brown hair)?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 02-Jun-13 18:34:53

Fellatio not all gay male couples have anal sex. Some do...those that do don't always stick to only one being the "giver" but swap....others stick to one role each.

It's always different. grin I was told this by a gay male friend.

LittleMissGerardButlerfan Sun 02-Jun-13 18:36:23

My PMT symptoms include terrible wind and lots of chocolate eating, though actually every day involves a lot of chocolate eating so I don't blame the chocolate!

I also get very thirsty in the days before my period starts, and terrible memory and hot flushes and very clumsy!

Allthingspretty Sun 02-Jun-13 18:36:23

Do dogs dream?

mooface Sun 02-Jun-13 18:37:43

Allthingspretty, my dog must dream (and they always seem quite nice dreams) as he's always making his happy yelp "hello" noise and twitching in his sleep like he's running.

suckmabigtoe Sun 02-Jun-13 18:37:44

foslady

i remember Dr Christian (of embarrassing bodies fam)e saying once that our periods do have an effect on our digestive system. i cant remember exactly what he said but he mentioned when in our cycles we were more likely to experience 'what' IYSWIM

mooface Sun 02-Jun-13 18:39:02

Is it normal to get in such bad tempers with DH that you consider leaving him (just for a few minutes at a time)

and then have much better make-up sex blush

kim147 Sun 02-Jun-13 18:39:24

Your digestive system has a brain - so it's susceptible to hormone changes. It can even get a "headache".

suckmabigtoe Sun 02-Jun-13 18:39:26

my dog has lots of dreams about being a guard dog by the sounds of things. he makes more noise when asleep than he ever does awake!

foslady Sun 02-Jun-13 18:39:27

Oh thank God it's not just me! (about the only advantage of being single!!!)

Muuuuuuumcanihave Sun 02-Jun-13 18:40:07

Why are we scared of things like spiders, worms and thunder? I no some come from bad experiences but my sister collected worms when she was younger but now shes a grownd up shes says she scared off them confused

Pollydon Sun 02-Jun-13 18:41:35

Our old collie dog had dreams, he would yelp, growl & whimper smile.

Ive always wondered if you can catch pubic lice from hotel bedding ( as friends very xh claimed he had!)

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 02-Jun-13 18:41:41

Thanks mooface I do sometimes worry that it'll be a case of "we missed out as children" but as you say it's the time as an adult that will be less.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 02-Jun-13 18:42:02

And your dad sounds lovely btw smile

MasterSplinter Sun 02-Jun-13 18:42:04

Homosexual sex is the same as heterosexual sex. You have preferences, you share them with your partner by talking and/or showing them what you like. Some are compatible, some aren't. I have gay friends who bottom and gay friends who top and gay friends who do both.

It's not known why we dream. Or yawn. Or have random itches. Or hiccups. There are theories but nobody's worked it out yet. It's just random synaptic firing in your brain and you organise it into images/meaningful stories.

Gunznroses Sun 02-Jun-13 18:42:07

Why are there so many bent old people in England ? I know people can stoop a bit when they get older but i find in england there are a lot of very bent old people Is there some degenerative back problem ?

superbagpuss Sun 02-Jun-13 18:42:07

I only eat choc just before I come on, can't stand the stuff any other time.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 02-Jun-13 18:43:49

canihave I thought those phobias were a primeval thing? Particularly spiders when they were fucking massive and poisonous larger and more dangerous than they are now in many areas of the world.

ncforembarrassingproblem Sun 02-Jun-13 18:45:46

Lowering the tone slightly, why do I always jump thirty feet (not quite!) when my bits are touched at all? It's particularly bothersome when I see doctors etc, and jump. It's not painful or anything, I know it's going to happen, doesn't frighten me so why do I jump?!

Whenever it happens the dr/nurse seems to get a hell of a fright!!

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Sun 02-Jun-13 18:45:48

Is it true that if you drive with your car in neutral you don't use any fuel?

and

Is it true that the air conditioning and radio use more fuel?

Both things my Dad has told me and I'm a bit hmm

Why we people get smaller in height as they grow older? Or do they not? is it my imagination?

comelywenchlywoo Sun 02-Jun-13 18:47:11

Euphemia I always wonder about the photos thing too. It would be cool (though so problematic and divorce inducing that they'd never do it) if whenever someone uploaded a photo onto the internet that it did like a face-recognitiony-thing and showed you the new pic of yourself.

I always have a million stupic questions, and yet, I cannot think of a single one at this moment.

Hoolit Sun 02-Jun-13 18:47:47

Ooh this is a good place to ask the following question my 12ds asked me this morning...
There is probably I'm missing but "how did Jesus find friends called John and Simon etc in the middle east"
It's like a magic 8 thread!

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 02-Jun-13 18:48:08

Air conditioning does use more fuel Diary not sure about radio or driving in neutral though.

I think shrinking is related to our bone mass decreasing? Maybe?

Hoolit Sun 02-Jun-13 18:48:31

* something I'm missing!

mooface Sun 02-Jun-13 18:48:54

DiaryOfAWimpyMum I'm not sure if this is entirely reliable but I do remember a Top Gear episode where they were driving with windows down, air con and radio on full blast in order to use up as much fuel as possible.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 02-Jun-13 18:49:21

The band The Scissor Sisters. I have been told this name is in some way rude but don't get it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now