Have you ever encountered anyone this cheeky?

(582 Posts)

Inspired roughly by a couple of threads recently...
I used to have a friend (used to being the operative) who would come round to my house to smoke. Her reason being that she didn't want her house to smell like smoke and she didn't like smoking in the street as she thought it looked 'common' (her words)

The punchline being that I didn't smoke
That friendship ended when I saw the light and realised that she was using me! She was happy enough to make my house stink and I was too polite (at the time) to ask her not to as I thought I was being a welcoming host.

Has anyone encountered anyone with more brass neck than that?

I'm almost crying at the neighbour insisting on swapping sheds because the new one is better! That does knock smoking friend out of the water!

MsNobodyAgain Thu 18-Apr-13 23:34:19

I finally cleared out my integral garage after the hoarding ex left. BIL said "great, I can store some of my work gear in here now as I am getting a smaller van".

He then went on to place his racing bike in there as well and I used to be woken at daft o'Clock when he collected it.

On returning from the bike ride in his sweaty lycras, he used to take a shower without asking shock

And then settle down in my armchair for a cup of coffee and bore me with his trial times.

Just awful, and cheeky.

YouMakeMeWannaLaLa Fri 19-Apr-13 00:02:51

At my old place I had a paddock. When my horses died I was sad at it being empty and a friend said her friend needed a field for her 2 ponies so I rented it to her very cheaply, glad to have it in use.

The friend of a friend was very nice but her boyfriend was not!

They helped themselves to everything; fork, shovel, flamethrower shock , food, beer etc. in my sheds (that I hadn't said they could use) but I (being a shy people pleaser) was too cowardly to say anything.

They invited around 10 of their mates around to the field to have a bbq one sat aft and left all their cans and rubbish on the lawn.

The final straw was the boyfriend accidentally leaving the hose on all night (I was metered). When I asked for a contribution I was informed that 'we don't fuckin' pay for water...that's free!'.

In my defence I was going through a break up, was on my own and was missing my own horses so loved theirs a lot.

I text them chucking them out, then had to keep the curtains shut for a month before they left.

DearJohnLoveSavannah Fri 19-Apr-13 00:29:39

My uncle.

My mum is the loveliest person ever and won't ever say no to anything. My uncle takes great advantage of this. Will give her all his old junk, books, his childrens toys that are broken - because he cannot be bothered to get rid of it. Serious boxes of stuff.

And even jokes about it. Last time he tried to do it I stepped in and told him she had enough crap in her house and didn't need his either.

He once gave joke presents to all of us - think broken tools. Because it would be hilarious .... when basically he was too lazy to throw them out.

My DC used to have a friend round (most weeks). I often used to pick up/drop off friend.

I bought specific food/drink for friend.

My DC went to the friends birthday party and came home after 90 minutes (I've never known a party last only 90 minutes) starving because the only food he was given was a "tiny slice of cake".

That was The Beginning of The End for me. I thought Fuck It. I'm not the childcare. I'm not the chauffeur.

My DC went to friends house maybe twice whereas they were at my house dozens of times including parties, birthday, cinema visits.

<<sigh>>

DeskPlanner Fri 19-Apr-13 06:24:51

This thread is brilliant. shock grin

TobyLerone Fri 19-Apr-13 06:43:24

Wow, some of you are right pushovers!

This is why I don't really have 'friends'. People take the piss.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 06:52:44

just getting on this thread to read later, looks like a good one smile

picnicbasketcase Fri 19-Apr-13 07:10:47

Wow, the audacity of some people out there is fucking incredible! Who goes to someone's house and even looks in the freezer, never mind helping themselves to the contents! And the old woman rummaging around the gooseberry bush shock

My in laws do that thing where they bring a load of crap to my house to clear space in their own. Boxes full of stuff that they don't want and then say 'If you don't want it, just throw it out, we won't mind', yes of course you won't, because then it's not taking up space in YOUR bloody bin!

javotte Fri 19-Apr-13 07:23:33

One of my mother's friends used to come to our house to pee in order to save money.
At their house, she made her three (teenage) daughters go to the bathroom at the same time so they only had to flush once.

OkayHazel Fri 19-Apr-13 07:32:06

I think killing these people is the only option.

Fakebook Fri 19-Apr-13 07:50:36

When I was at university a "friend" asked to borrow £5 for lunch one day, so I gave it to her. I waited a few weeks for its return and then forgot about it. Towards the end of the year she came into the food hall and gave me back my £5 for which I was very grateful. Then she took it back off me to buy some lunch hmm. I never got that £5 back.

My SIL is like many of these people. I don't put up with her shit anymore.

GizzaCwtch Fri 19-Apr-13 07:56:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bootsycollins Fri 19-Apr-13 08:13:47

Cheeky bastards the lot of 'em! I'm desperately trying to think of a cheeky fucker story but I just can't compete with the absolute comedy gold on here grin

lolaflores Fri 19-Apr-13 08:33:46

Txt from friend who's eldest DS is "feisty" and wears her down, "can we come round to yours, DS doesn't fancy going home yet"! They live in the next street.
Couldln't face it, told her "not today dear"
She has before brought him round, just so he can let some steam off. Nipped that in the bud when he kicked me and tried to stick his foot in my daughters mouth...he is six.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 08:48:56

I honestly don't know anyone this cheeky. Which makes me worry it's me!

Hopasholic Fri 19-Apr-13 09:02:12

A woman at work retired 6months ago, in the new year she was spotted coming out of the rarely used staff showers and had 6 bottles of water filled from the water fountain with her shock

She'd been using the staff showers every day and filling up water bottles so she didn't have to use her own.

She'd kept hold of her staff pass to gain access.

She lived over an hour away but used her bus pass. grin

expatinscotland Fri 19-Apr-13 09:04:22

I have, but they never get anywhere with me because they soon learn I tell them where to stick it. 'Can you . . . ?' 'Yes, I can, but I won't. That doesn't work for me.'

SlatternismyMiddlename Fri 19-Apr-13 09:21:20

SIL phoned in a panic as some urgent DIY needed done at her house. DH gets up early the next day drives over with the tools and spends most of the day fixing the problem. He leaves the tools at her house (can't remember why but there was a reason).

The next week we arrange to call in and collect the tools but when we arrive she is not in and there is no one about so we drive on home. We are leaving very early the next morning for our summer holiday. About an hour after we get back home SIL on the phone screaming at us to come back and collect the tools. I explain that we had called around as arranged but nobody was there (she had gone to a neighbours), that to go round to hers now was over an hour round trip and we were going on holiday the next day and we weren't coming back. She went ballistic and said that if we didn't come back round that evening to collect them she was paying someone to take the tools to the local dump - these tools cost around £500! I refused to back down and she was screaming so badly at me that I put the phone down.

My poor DF was dragged into it. In the end we went on holiday and he went around to collect them damn tools at great inconvenience to himself.

All this because my DH did her a favour in the first place.

shock at all these cheek twats

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Fri 19-Apr-13 09:36:38

The same person I've mentioned a few times this week used to always text 'phone me' because she didn't want to pay for the call.

If I ignored her she'd text 'phone me' hourly.

Once she even caught me on facebook chat and asked if I'd call her because she needed to ask me a favour.

hmm

PastaBeeandCheese Fri 19-Apr-13 09:41:13

Only once and not really in the league of some of these.... Friend came over with a bag of stuff and said 'could you eBay these and give me the money. I know you have an account and I don't have time to be answering emails and posting stuff'.

How she thought I'd have more time than her ill never know.

expatinscotland Fri 19-Apr-13 09:41:23

Oh, cheapskates trying to take the piss really get nowhere with me. They are never skint, either. Just cheap.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:45:12

Slattern did you point out that the tools were there because of a favour?
Am still shock at the four week old baby being mugged for his/her car seat and left on the floor!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now