Have you ever encountered anyone this cheeky?

(593 Posts)

Inspired roughly by a couple of threads recently...
I used to have a friend (used to being the operative) who would come round to my house to smoke. Her reason being that she didn't want her house to smell like smoke and she didn't like smoking in the street as she thought it looked 'common' (her words)

The punchline being that I didn't smoke
That friendship ended when I saw the light and realised that she was using me! She was happy enough to make my house stink and I was too polite (at the time) to ask her not to as I thought I was being a welcoming host.

Has anyone encountered anyone with more brass neck than that?

DontmindifIdo Thu 18-Apr-13 19:04:33

eosmum - you didn't let him take it did you? Please tell me you at least got it back once he'd got his new baby home!

HandMini Thu 18-Apr-13 19:06:51

These are hilarious. I don't think I have anything to compete, except that a friend asked me to mind her pretty spirited annoying toddler DS one afternoon while she went for a haircut. At the time, I was looking after a 2 week old DD, two year old DD and eight mo DNephew. "Well, I thought since you'd be stuck in with your three anyway, you could do it" she said. I said "No".

Euphemia Thu 18-Apr-13 19:07:27

Can you get some blinds for your kitchen, please?

grin

cocolepew Thu 18-Apr-13 19:09:48

These are shock

Euphemia Thu 18-Apr-13 19:10:29

I was covering P1 for a colleague the other day. A wee boy I had never spoken to before ran up to me and said "I know how old you are!" "I don't think you do," I replied. "You're 50!" says he. shock

I'm 46! sad

ladythatlunches Thu 18-Apr-13 19:10:51

You have to check my thread out!!! Shocking.

I've never come across anyone this bad. I'd be gobsmacked if I did.

Well done siiiiiiiigh.

Weegiemum Thu 18-Apr-13 19:12:49

My sister did this. Even after dd1 was born and I asked her to go outside if smoking, she'd open a window and smoke. You can still smell it (I was on a different floor of the house bf ing dd1).

After a lot of this stuff she doesn't visi any more. Good!

tigerlilygrr Thu 18-Apr-13 19:39:09

Oh thought of another one. Invited an old Uni friend to my wedding out of politeness as she had recently invited me to a party. She replied to say she would love to come and then said "I hear you haven't invited friend a, b, c or d so thought perhaps you might want to. Here are their email addresses. I haven't mentioned it to them so don't feel you have to." I hadn't even seen friends a, b,c and d in over ten years!

Pandemoniaa Thu 18-Apr-13 19:53:00

We've got a gooseberry bush in our garden. Because I live out in the wilds, we don't tend to have fences but it's bleedin' obvious that the bush is in a garden and that the garden it is in is ours.

One summer afternoon I came home to find an elderly lady, armed with a carrier bag, rootling discontentedly in said bush. Before I had the chance to ask what she was doing in there she said "This is really not good enough! Last year your gooseberry bush was full of fruit but it's all gone!" When I politely pointed out that this was because we'd eaten our own gooseberries she replied with "Well that's the giddy limit! I've got friends coming to dinner tonight and I'd promised them a gooseberry tart for pudding. I've driven all the way out here from Lewes especially to pick these gooseberries and now what am I supposed to do?"

I still don't know how I managed not to tell her exactly what I thought she ought to do....

fackinell Thu 18-Apr-13 19:58:28

I had a friend who asked to stay on my sofa bed for a wk between flats. She announced on the Friday night that she was knackered and was going to bed at 8pm. I pointed out that the lounge was the only tv with Sky and we wanted to watch a movie. To loud dramatic sighs, we buggered off to bed.

I woke at midnight to find her watching the music channel having 'got her second wind' after we went to bed.

We suddenly had "unexpected guests coming" 2 days later and punted her off to a B&B!!

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 18-Apr-13 19:59:07

My oh is an electrician a friend needed some work desperately doing so as it wasn't a big job he said he wouldn't charge her he did it and told her it was 15 quid for the bits she needed as he got it cheaper for her from the merchants she said to me when he left the room 'I thought he wasn't charging me?!' I said 'he isn't thats how much the part was'. Her:'oh is he not sorting that then?!'
Me:' erm no he isn't going to pay for a part to And do the job for free!'
She still was peeved wtf?!

SilverBirdie Thu 18-Apr-13 20:20:07

I've got two:
Our neighbour asked to store two boxes in our garage for two days then the next day had managed to get his own key cut and added about twenty more boxes. Dh put a stop to that immediately.

Other was my neighbour in halls of residence.... She was always borrowing my clothes then one day popped her head around the door to say bye for the Christmas hols. When I asked for my pink jumper back she bent down, unzipped her suitcase and gave it to me along with three pairs of my shoes and my bras! shock

She later went on to take her housemate's knickers off radiators to wear.

blueemerald Thu 18-Apr-13 20:23:37

I have a friend (L) who is a music journalist and she goes to music festivals for work and usually gets a free plus one. She invited another friend (A, someone I know, and don't like). L couldn't get A on the journalist coach to the festival, obviously. A text L telling L how much L's half of A's train fare was.
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that.

McKayz Thu 18-Apr-13 20:25:14

Bloody hell Siiiigh shock

ChasedByBees Thu 18-Apr-13 20:36:27

I'm feeling all tense just reading these. I want to slap all of them, the cheeky feckers.

BreasticlesNTesticles Thu 18-Apr-13 20:38:06

I was going on hols with dp and we split up. Invited friend instead, ex dp had already paid and would have lost money so she got a free trip to the US with 4* accomodation. She also got the benefit of all the trips we had paid for, excursions etc.

I asked her for £50 for cabs to and from airport at home, she queried the amount, said it was too much and she would have to think about it shock shock and then complained about how shit the hotel was to other friends angry

She eventually gave me the £50. Strangely I am no longer friends with her and neither is anyne else

Oh and this was after she shagged another of my ex dp's 6 weeks after we split up, when we had been together 5 years.

Actually it was my own fault for inviting such a knob in the first place wasn't it grin

CrapBag Thu 18-Apr-13 20:45:33

grin at 'Tedious Child'

These are beyond belief!!! Luckily I don't have anything to add. I think I would come under the 'too dumbfounded to say anything at the time then rant on here about it later' group anyway.

ladythatlunches I have read your thread and yes, you could probably outdo the OP, unfortunately!

I love the one with the shagging against the kitchen window grin

My DF lent my mum's car to a friend for what was supposed to be a week or two and the cheeky bugger kept it for three years!!!! My poor mum had to get the bus to work, 90 mins each way, the entire time. DF the kindest, most generous, most spineless man in the world couldn't bring himself to insist on getting it back for her. I'm surprised they're still together... grin

DeafLeopard Thu 18-Apr-13 20:54:48

shock what cheeky bastards you all know

Crikeyblimey Thu 18-Apr-13 21:05:30

I once went to see a work colleague for coffee and a chat a her house one evening. She needed to "nip to a neighbour's to pick something up" at about 7pm. Leaving me with her 7 and 3 year old. When she wasn't back at 8pm, I suggested to 7 year old that he help me put 3 year old to bed. At 9 pm I suggested 7 year old went to bed (which to his credit he did dutifully). At 9.30 her husband rang as he was working away so I told him she'd gone to neighbours'. I didn't know which neighbour so I sat and waited.

Looking back I should have been worried she'd been kidnapped but I just got angrier and angrier.

She rolled in drunk at 1am! I just left and have t spoken since.

cocolepew Thu 18-Apr-13 21:12:41

3 years!?! 3 bloody years!?! shock

Wow... I shouldn't be - but i'm strangely relieved that I'm not the only one who has suffered 'friends' like this! I think my favourite so far is taking the chicken out of the freezer smile

Ladythatlunches... give us a clue to your thread then? <bambi eyes>

thatsnotmypineapple Thu 18-Apr-13 22:53:01

I haven't encountered anything as cheeky as some of the things on here, but my colleague is always telling us about her cheeky neighbour.

When she bought her house it included a shed in the garden. She can home one day to find the shed in the neighbour's garden. When she asked about it, he told her the previous owner had said he could have it. For the sake of neighbourly relations she let it go, and her dad put up another shed for her. The neighbour then came round to insist that they should swap sheds, as hers was better his. Funnily enough she was not inclined to agree to his request grin

He then put on a sad face when a few weeks later she told him she was going to plant some of the tubs in her garden, and told her that he was hoping he could have them.

The final straw came a few weeks ago when she arrived home to find some random bloke getting water from her outside tap (she is metered). The bloke said that her neighbour had said it was ok.

not as cheeky as some mentioned, but when I was just home from hospital after having DC1, DH was at work, a friend popped in with her 2 DCs because she was passing and couldn't face going home as they were playing her up. She had bought them sausage rolls en route dropping pastry e they wandered from room to room dropping pstry everywhee and creating havoc, screaming, shouting and crying the whole time and . She'd had no lunch so asked if she could have a sandwich. Then left without offering to clear up any mess her DCs had left behind.

Obviously she was having a bad day... but a brand new Mum could do without that as SHE should have known.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now