A plea for help in finding this Maileg Mouse!

(231 Posts)
LittleEsme Tue 26-Mar-13 20:38:42

I can't bear it any longer!
DD7 lost her dear, much loved Maileg Mouse on our camping trip last year in France. She broke her heart and even tonight, we had some tears (she's also tired and strung out with tonsillitis, so very much run down). I've attempted many times to find a replacement online but no luck. They do still sell them, but with varying themes and styles.

DD's mouse looks very much like this one, but a browny mouse with brown/faun clothes instead of pink. I've searched everywhere and my only hope really is ebay so I keep checking. The other hope is that someone out there has one that's sitting and not really adored, and is willing to sell it to me!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 12-May-13 14:00:30

Hello there

We've moved this to Classics now.

kneedeepindaisies Sun 12-May-13 16:33:22

Yay! Thanks Rowan smile

PistachioTruffle Sun 12-May-13 16:40:36

Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

I started watching this thread a little while ago in the hopes of seeing a happy ending, and here it is.

We only get one childhood, and the OP and the lovely people who helped out have made it magical for her DD. You sound like a lovely mum OP flowers

<sniff>

cocolepew Sun 12-May-13 17:04:45

Perfect, just perfect smile

Another sniveling wreck here. Magical story created by warm and wonderful people smile

LittleEsme Mon 13-May-13 06:39:34

Thanks everyone again.

And we've made it onto MN Classics. <proud emoticon> lol.

Bobolbach Mon 13-May-13 07:08:12

Oh dear, I appear to be sobbing into my breakfast.
What a lovely tale.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 13-May-13 07:18:12

I'm another teary one. Esme, your DD just going and taking Matilda into another room to sit quietly on her own just makes me dissolve. That's a girl who knows how to feel things you have there.

<sobs>

SpecialAgentTattooedQueen Mon 13-May-13 07:29:04

Weepy

What a magical experience for DD. And when she's older, she'll always remember how much her mum loved her on that very special night!

GoofyIsACow Mon 13-May-13 07:43:06

What an amazing story!

not crying honestly

tribpot Mon 13-May-13 08:00:38

What a fantastic story, am so pleased for your DD. definitely not crying

A truly brilliant response from everyone involved in the mouse's journey home but most particularly Fabia. Awesome.

Goosebumps. I have goosebumps.

Whitewineformeplease Mon 13-May-13 08:27:36

Another one in tears here, what a fantastic thread. Makes me feel all warm inside. smile

ZipItShrimpy Mon 13-May-13 08:55:59

Just read this thread from start to finish. What a fabulously, heart warming, happy ending tale.

I feel all fuzzy inside! smile

Flozle Mon 13-May-13 21:00:17

So happy. Still sobbing.

LentilAsAnything Mon 13-May-13 23:11:10

I love the update. I feel all sparkly. Wow, magic. I think printing this out for your daughter to see when she is older is a super idea. Happy.

mrsyattering Sun 19-May-13 20:02:43

I read the whole thread in bed this morning, was blubbing like a baby when dh woke up! What a wonderful tale, do print out and keep it, she sounds like a lovely dd and you a wonderful mummy flowers

Iwantmybed Sun 19-May-13 20:30:37

Great story, sobbing now..

Featherbag Sun 19-May-13 20:39:56

Tears here too! What a lovely, lovely story!

MysteriousHamster Thu 11-Jul-13 18:23:45

This thread had rolled off my 'threads I'm on' page so I just thought to search for the terms today.

Now I'm in floods of tears. Lovely lovely lovely story.

I'm so happy for you all, OP.

Oh gosh I've just found this thread and I too am gulping back tears! What a gorgeous story.

Beckamaw Sat 13-Jul-13 22:17:16

This is just awesome. Thanks for letting me read it. Properly choked up!

ILovePonyo Sat 13-Jul-13 22:34:40

Aww. I just read the whole thread and may have had a tear or ten in my eye.

LittleEsme you and your dd sound fab. thanks to all the mn-ers who helped, what a lovely story smile

perplexedpirate Sat 13-Jul-13 22:49:57

What a beautiful, amazing story. smile

johnworf Mon 22-Jul-13 10:25:01

Awww what a lovely thread. smile I love the idea of a mouse diary. That's brilliant stuff.

I was going to recommend getting Maileg from here but all's well that ends well.
x smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now