A plea for help in finding this Maileg Mouse!

(234 Posts)
LittleEsme Tue 26-Mar-13 20:38:42

I can't bear it any longer!
DD7 lost her dear, much loved Maileg Mouse on our camping trip last year in France. She broke her heart and even tonight, we had some tears (she's also tired and strung out with tonsillitis, so very much run down). I've attempted many times to find a replacement online but no luck. They do still sell them, but with varying themes and styles.

DD's mouse looks very much like this one, but a browny mouse with brown/faun clothes instead of pink. I've searched everywhere and my only hope really is ebay so I keep checking. The other hope is that someone out there has one that's sitting and not really adored, and is willing to sell it to me!

LittleEsme Tue 30-Apr-13 22:02:39

I've emailed EVERY Maileg company in the World. So many have replied and not been able to help. I was really starting to lose hope and was frantically trying to think of a back-up plan.

FAYE!!!! I'm doing a little dance around my lounge. This feels SOOO good.
And - I have one little post-card left to give. I was hanging onto it to buy myself more time.

<hyper ventiliating>

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Tue 30-Apr-13 22:07:25

Oh I hope this is the happy ending!

Have you found one???

LittleEsme Tue 30-Apr-13 22:23:05

Fabia21 (Faye) has one!!! Oh my Lordy!!!!
I'll PM her right now.

CounselorTroi Tue 30-Apr-13 22:24:11

I'm crying here.

quoteunquote Tue 30-Apr-13 23:27:52

what an amazing thread.

foslady Tue 30-Apr-13 23:28:16

Aw - can't wait for the big reunion now - (drags up chair and box of tissues!!!!!)

magimedi Tue 30-Apr-13 23:34:07

I have something in my eye!

Off for the tissues!

5318008 Tue 30-Apr-13 23:35:07

oh this is wonderful, oh my goodness!

5318008 Tue 30-Apr-13 23:36:50
OrchidFlakes Tue 30-Apr-13 23:39:55

Yay!!!!! This is the best news ever grin

CautionaryWhale Tue 30-Apr-13 23:42:11

PM me with your address if you need another postcard in the interim (Am in Europe) while waiting for Faye XX

Tortoise Tue 30-Apr-13 23:44:44

Just read this thread. I'm so happy to see one has been found.
The power of MN! smile

Ginformation Tue 30-Apr-13 23:46:24

Oh, how perfectly magical! smile smile smile

<thundering voice, holds sword up to sky>
By The Power Of Mumsnet!

2008Emma Thu 02-May-13 11:19:14

has miss mouse arrived? Very touched by this thread as a similar senario happened to us when DD's mouse when walkabout..... the first time she was located at our local leisure centre after an over night stay in the park. The second time was far graver as we lost her was en route to the dentist..... I all but gave up but approached the local paper (who ran a piece & printed a photo) & also started up a sustained viral facebook on a local site ........amazingly after a full calendar month Mousey returned & was handed into the local newspaper offices stunned anyhow during those long 31 days I actually put thread to fabric & made DD a replacement miss mouse - which she loved & now that the original mousey has returned they are one big happy family. Will happily make one if this would help..... xxx

LittleEsme Thu 02-May-13 22:13:29

Ah Emma how lovely you are.
Fabia21 has been in touch and I believe the parcel is on route to me as we speak. I'm trying to plan Matilda Mouse's return and at the moment, I'm considering popping her on the wall outside our home, propped up by her little suitcase. I'm not sure what goodies to put in the suitcase - perhaps a shell or two (DD is an avid shell and gemstone hoarder) from her 'travells'?

Any ideas on how to stage this home-coming? I am open to ALL suggestions!!

<getting excited now>

LittleEsme Thu 02-May-13 22:26:13

Forgot to add,

I planted the last postcard this evening, the one from Cambridge - thanks Dumdeedumdeedum! DD literally bounced up to bed to add the card to the others that are piling up at the side of her bed.

This means everything to her.

redwellybluewelly Thu 02-May-13 22:37:14

I hope Matilda Mouse is home soon, to be fair what every traveller needs is a sit down in a comfy chair with a cuppa and a piece of cheese or to fall asleep on someone's bed.

Don't leave her on the wall outside, she might get the travel bug all over again!

Fabia21 Thu 02-May-13 22:41:47

The mouse has been dispatched and is on her way via courier. Delivery normally takes between three to five days, so not long now until the happy reunion.
It's a shame little mouse doesn't have a journal of all her adventures, maybe your little girl could then continue adding new adventures that she has with the mouse too.
Will keep an eye on the delivery status and keep you updated :0)

MooseBeTimeForSpring Thu 02-May-13 22:51:42

I've just come across this thread whilst my 16 month old DS has a nap. I've now got tears streaming down my face. I love MN happy endings! So looking forward to hearing about the reunion smile

MooseBeTimeForSpring Thu 02-May-13 22:52:42

Probably ought to stress that I'm in Canada and we're 7 hours behind the UK!

ThisIsMyNameChange Thu 02-May-13 22:55:35

Hooray for Faye!!!! Now that is just wonderful.

Whatever happened about the first mouse you ordered? Did that just not turn up?

cocolepew Thu 02-May-13 23:07:31

What a lovely, lovely thread sobs

LentilAsAnything Thu 02-May-13 23:07:32

<marking place for update>

LittleEsme Thu 02-May-13 23:09:05

Good point. The gentleman in the shop was lovely, but there's still been no communication. I'll email him over the weekend to say that I need a refund.

I'm in awe of how lovely people are on MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now