A plea for help in finding this Maileg Mouse!

(234 Posts)
LittleEsme Tue 26-Mar-13 20:38:42

I can't bear it any longer!
DD7 lost her dear, much loved Maileg Mouse on our camping trip last year in France. She broke her heart and even tonight, we had some tears (she's also tired and strung out with tonsillitis, so very much run down). I've attempted many times to find a replacement online but no luck. They do still sell them, but with varying themes and styles.

DD's mouse looks very much like this one, but a browny mouse with brown/faun clothes instead of pink. I've searched everywhere and my only hope really is ebay so I keep checking. The other hope is that someone out there has one that's sitting and not really adored, and is willing to sell it to me!

trixymalixy Wed 27-Mar-13 22:01:20

They are lovely. I'm going to order one for DD.

Could you make up a story about what happened to Matilda and have something happen to her dress so she has to wear her spare almost identical but reversed dress?

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 27-Mar-13 22:02:07

Can she be up a tree in the garden?
You can 'spot it' from afar - 'oh, what's that in the tree, DD...?'

Valpollicella Wed 27-Mar-13 22:29:26

Oh this has made me SO happy grin

I say plant Matilda in a tree somewhere and get her to find her grin

<squelas> I NEVER squeal

ps had no reply to my email as yet, but will let you know if I do!

Valpollicella Wed 27-Mar-13 22:30:31

Actually....have you a spare board that could pass for a fake skirting board? Could you do a fakemouse hole <overthinks>

BeaWheesht Wed 27-Mar-13 22:48:30

You could ask various MNers (me for one) to send your dd postcards from Matilda's new friends that she met on her journey home. One could mention the new outfit!!?

In terms of when she first gets Matilda I think if just place her on the doorstep one morning and get a kindly neighbour to ring the bell and run away smile I'd put a wee sign round her neck saying 'looking for 'dd's name'

LittleEsme Wed 27-Mar-13 22:49:07

Aaahh you lot grinsmile
So many fantastic ideas!
<drums fingers and thinks>

DD is such a logic-geek so a little parcel from 'France' seems a good one. She'll accept.

I wonder what I can write...something short and sweet

"Matilda Mouse has had a lovely time here in France but missed LittleEsme's Little girl so much so she wanted to come home. "

?

MonaLotte Wed 27-Mar-13 22:50:54

What a lovely thread. So glad you found another mouse for your dd smile

Horsemad Wed 27-Mar-13 22:53:06

I've read this and now have something in my eye...

Your DD is going to be sooo happy LittleEsme

LittleEsme Wed 27-Mar-13 22:58:51

Bea - you're idea is excellent.

<weeps with the thought of it>

That's what I'm going to do!

TimrousBeastie Wed 27-Mar-13 23:00:26

you could take some inspiration from a thread last year (the caterpillar one-can't remember its name) and have a fb page set up detailing new mouses arrivalsmile

LittleEsme Wed 27-Mar-13 23:04:27

Mona and HorseMad

Thanks! Me too! I seem to have a rather large lump in my throat since starting this.

She's going to be so happy, she really is. And I know I'm biased, but she really doesn't have much in terms of 'stuff'.

She's sensitive about things at the moment, and without outing myself, has realised that she cannot trust some of her 'friends' to not hurt her. Having her little Mouse back in her arms will be lovely for her.

gingerchick Wed 27-Mar-13 23:17:47

Am so glad your little girl will be getting her little mouse friend, you have made my day I'm so happy for you because you are
Obviously a really lovely mum to a really lovely daughter

BeaWheesht Wed 27-Mar-13 23:23:54

Can I send a postcard????

Oh oh oh, you could write a mini mouse diary that details what she's been up to since she went missing in France and how she got her new outfit. Then put it in the box with the replacement.

You are a lovely Mummy btw.

LittleEsme Thu 28-Mar-13 06:18:59

ginger, what a lovely thing to say. I happen to think that like minded individuals who are drawn to this thread, like you and the others, are cut from the same cloth. Kind and caring. smile

Thank you. A heartfelt one at that smile

LittleEsme Thu 28-Mar-13 06:19:59

Bea - really? Fantastic! Thanks! Hmmm now do we send it before little Mouse arrives? After?!?

LittleEsme Thu 28-Mar-13 06:27:30

Dumdee smile
Ah shucks, clearly everyone, yourself included would do the same for your DC.

MissEleanorLavish Thu 28-Mar-13 19:30:20

Could you make a mini mouse passport & ticket and tuck it in her box - as though she's made a long journey home? And love the idea of postcards from friends she's made along the way. Hurrah for the power of MN - I hope her little mouse returning helps your DD - she's got a lovely mummy too!

BeaWheesht Thu 28-Mar-13 20:03:54

After I think. Will gladly send one. Pm me.

Kazooblue Thu 28-Mar-13 20:07:33

I want one now.envy

BeaWheesht Thu 28-Mar-13 20:10:23

Oooh I'm going to eurodisney - ill send it from there in June if that wouldn't be too late? Could say shed been to see her big friend Minnie???

spiderlight Thu 28-Mar-13 20:15:45

I am in tears here. So, so glad you've found a mouse. What a lovely mummy you are! Please report back to let us know her reaction.

LittleEsme Thu 28-Mar-13 20:54:44

I will! I will! I'm so excited now - little Mouse could arrive at any time!
I'll PM those that have offered to send a post card. How fantastic you lot are.

If there's anything. Anything that I can do for any of you Mum's to keep the magic alive, then call. I shall help!

MysteriousHamster Thu 28-Mar-13 21:44:51

I could send a pic of my son's mouse waving hello to your daughter's and send it?

MrsMeeple Fri 29-Mar-13 03:48:02

I see you've found a mouse. If you want to look further, try emailing:
Karina Raabjerg knr@maileg.dk
Betina Lambæk bl@ maileg.dk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now