A plea for help in finding this Maileg Mouse!

(231 Posts)
LittleEsme Tue 26-Mar-13 20:38:42

I can't bear it any longer!
DD7 lost her dear, much loved Maileg Mouse on our camping trip last year in France. She broke her heart and even tonight, we had some tears (she's also tired and strung out with tonsillitis, so very much run down). I've attempted many times to find a replacement online but no luck. They do still sell them, but with varying themes and styles.

DD's mouse looks very much like this one, but a browny mouse with brown/faun clothes instead of pink. I've searched everywhere and my only hope really is ebay so I keep checking. The other hope is that someone out there has one that's sitting and not really adored, and is willing to sell it to me!

SuburbanRhonda Tue 26-Mar-13 22:48:50

Not as easy as replacing a hamster, then.

LittleEsme Tue 26-Mar-13 22:49:01

Beamur and Hamster, if you do happen to get a spare minute, I will be forever in your debt.

Liveinthepresent Tue 26-Mar-13 22:50:14

You could try emailing these people
http://www.cloudberryhill.co.uk/gifts/for_children/25-to-50/

There are none on the website - but I am sure I have seen them - and they have a little shop in Hampshire so might still have one somewhere...
Bit of a long shot!

MysteriousHamster Tue 26-Mar-13 22:51:31

I lost a pound puppy toy dog on my sixth birthday and the feeling of letting the poor little thing down still feels quite raw! So would like to help if at all possible.

LittleEsme Tue 26-Mar-13 22:52:32

I've been plodding along quietly all year, looking for a replacement. Am stepping it up a gear tonight after, when tucking DD up in bed, she whispers tearfully "I'm really worried about Matilda. I'm scared she's frightened and alone".

It drove me to a G&T and to my laptop, straight away. sad

trixymalixy Tue 26-Mar-13 22:53:05

The little baby company have maleig mouses.

mousebacon Tue 26-Mar-13 22:53:33

There's a shop near me that sells these too. I can't get there till the weekend but am happy to check for you.

There's also a shop in York called wild heart that sells loads of maileg stuff if you're anywhere near?

LittleEsme Tue 26-Mar-13 22:53:56

Thank you EVERYONE. I'll be emailing all your suggestions tomorrow.
There's always hope. I'm so grateful for your suggestions.

ClumsyClumberson Tue 26-Mar-13 22:55:35

I saw mice like these in a shop where my mum lives on the weekend. As I'm not sure which mouse it is their number is 01873 810370. I'm sure they'd post out to you or if not I could pick one up next Tuesday when im next there and send on to you.

MissEleanorLavish Tue 26-Mar-13 22:56:07

Oh no! There's a shop near me that sells these too - will try & pop in tomorrow and check.

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 26-Mar-13 22:58:08

There's a brown one here I think.

Could you get a brown one, and a new outfit, and he's been on an adventure?

gingerchick Tue 26-Mar-13 22:59:30

[[http://www.llewelynandcompany.com/ ]] brown one here is this the right one?

gingerchick Tue 26-Mar-13 22:59:52

Sorry link fail

gingerchick Tue 26-Mar-13 23:04:57
MysteriousHamster Tue 26-Mar-13 23:05:20

They don't seem to make the brown mice any more which is rather annoying.

The closest I could find was this little boy mouse. Is there anyway you could make him a dress?

www.nordickids.co.uk/toys-and-books-c23/soft-toys-c48/maileg-little-brother-mouse-p1301

MysteriousHamster Tue 26-Mar-13 23:07:40

cross post with hazel smile

gingerchick Tue 26-Mar-13 23:11:15
Maggie111 Tue 26-Mar-13 23:11:43

Cor Ginger - I think you might have found one!!

www.llewelynandcompany.com/maileg-baby-mice-in-matchbox.html

But well done to those finding brown boy mice... I looked for fricking ages and couldn't find a single brown one for sale!

gingerchick Tue 26-Mar-13 23:13:16

If you search on that website for maileg mouse in a box there's a little brown girl for 14.95 am on phone and my linkage isn't working

They sell similar mice at this store, so have tweeted them to ask.

gingerchick Tue 26-Mar-13 23:14:40

I hope so Maggie thank you for sorting my link btw smile

cross-post!

MysteriousHamster Tue 26-Mar-13 23:17:14

Oh let's hope OP gets to buy it quick - well done ginger!

chartreuse Tue 26-Mar-13 23:19:01

Oh I hope that's the one OP, I am worrying about Matilda too sad

gingerchick Tue 26-Mar-13 23:19:22

I hope she sees this tonight am stupidly excited now blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now