Does weetabix have a right way up? DOES WEETABIX HAVE A RIGHT WAY UP?

(163 Posts)
Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 14:43:40

Well does it?

[baffled]

I don't have any here, and I need to know.

Ta ever so.

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:14:05
Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:15:12

It is bonafide weetabix. Fro a 72 bit pack (ds eats a lot of it)

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Mar-13 15:15:37

It's to do with how they're made. The side which you need to unite with the bowl in a temporary marriage is smoother for a start. How dense the flakes are on this side, their propensity not to flake and the relative smoothness sits beautifully alongside the bowl. They belong together. It is right that you introduce them. Now, to the top. It flakes better and this is pleasing to your spoon. It also isn't as densely packed in flake terms and is a receptacle for your milk, assuming you're putting on the right amount of milk and not just flinging it on willy nilly, missing the weetabix and its awaiting channels entirely. There are other reasons. I shan't go on because I see your eyes glazing over.

Just accept I'm right. Accept you don't care. And we'll all move on.

I prefer porridge anyway.

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Sun 17-Mar-13 15:15:42

Photo 3 correctly placed IMO.

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:15:52

Actually I think I can see it not photo 1 is right way up?

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Sun 17-Mar-13 15:16:28

I'm with Showy on this one. That's why I prefer Aldiss Square ones. I don't get stressed after I have poured the milk in if I realise its the wrong way round.

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:16:58

Sorry I meant photo 3

Maat Sun 17-Mar-13 15:17:18

Photo 4 is flatter on top so is upside down - yes?

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Mar-13 15:18:19

Pictures 3 and 4 are v clear. You should be able to see for yourselves which side is which.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:18:47

Yes, I now get it, completely.

And I presume that when it is the right way up the milk is absorbed beautifully into the biscuit.

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:18:50

There is a right amount of milk? I top mine up during eating so ther is always a puddle of milk. Is this wrong? There are no serving instructions on the box to support this way of serving.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:19:47

I need to see it in real life, though. I suspect the bottom is also slightly shinier than the top.

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:20:52

Are the baked? That would account for the flatter bottom I suppose! Dh thinks I have lost ot.

I may need someone to break me out of the asylum later.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:20:58

It depends Glaikit.

ds1 was weaned onto weetabix, but refused to eat off a spoon. You can pour the exact right amount of milk so that it is all absorbed but it is still possible to cut it in cubes, pick it up and eat it with your hands. I became an expert in this grin

Tubegirl Sun 17-Mar-13 15:21:15

Surely the experiment is incomplete - noone has done a taste test to see which way up tastes better <beams in self satisfied way at finding another angle>

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:22:36

Ds likes to be able to pick it up so it gets dunked flat sides down in milk quickly then passed over. He is a strange boy!

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Sun 17-Mar-13 15:25:07

I don't think a Weetabix is a biscuit. The bix is a lie.

Maat Sun 17-Mar-13 15:25:59

Well, I wouldn't want to dunk it in a cup of tea, that's for sure.

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Mar-13 15:26:03

"Yes, I now get it, completely.

And I presume that when it is the right way up the milk is absorbed beautifully into the biscuit. "

"I suspect the bottom is also slightly shinier than the top"

By golly, she's got it. Though you need to comment on photos 3 and 4 before I let you off the hook completely. Which one is right?

If they're upside down, they taste wrong. Or I assume they do. I refuse to eat them.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:27:11

I agree. It isn't a biscuit. I just used the word as it was easier, but I admit to it being the wrong word.

But what is it? Not a bar, not a cereal as such? And bix is just wrong.

Oh, dear, this is becoming potentially a very stressful thread.

<ignores taste test, as considers Weetabix to be bleurgh>

insanityscratching Sun 17-Mar-13 15:27:24

I scrunch mine into a powder and eat them like porridge so there is no need to know whether there is a right way to place them in the bowl. Anyone else? Or am I definitely weird like dh and dc claim?

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:27:44

Are you sorted for the waddin' now showy?

LifeSavedbyLego Sun 17-Mar-13 15:28:42

<puts head above parapet>. Photo 4 is the right way up?

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Sun 17-Mar-13 15:30:04

The more I think about it the more it is pissing it off. Jaffa cakes proved cake goes hard biscuits go soft.

IT IS NOT A FUCKING BISCUIT

all these years it should've been called WeetaPatty

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:30:17

Photo 3 has shiny top and is therefore upside down [hopeful]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now