Does weetabix have a right way up? DOES WEETABIX HAVE A RIGHT WAY UP?

(163 Posts)
Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 14:43:40

Well does it?

[baffled]

I don't have any here, and I need to know.

Ta ever so.

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Sun 17-Mar-13 15:02:09

There is a difference. The edges sort of curved down on Photo 2, that one is the correct way up IMO. Photo 1 looks a bit wrong.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:02:44

x-posted Glaikit.

Thank you, I feel much better.

But ...

when I look very, very carefully at a magnified version of your photographs side by side [obsessed, me, no way], I think I can distinguish a slight concave roundness on picture 2 whereas picture 1 looks flatter.

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:03:06

Showy, sweetness, <soothing hair stroke> can you tell us what are the differences we should be looking for <tilts head>. Because I'm not seeing what y are seeing. smile

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:03:33

Thank you for clarifying Showy.

I agree that this is Very Important Stuff.

I don't intend to mock at all shock

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Sun 17-Mar-13 15:03:44

I think I agree with Showofhands.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:03:55

Sorry, yellow, I missed your post - exactly smile

Headfirstforhalo I do that. It the only way to eat them. It takrs longer for the milk to soak in so they are very crunchy grin

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:04:15

Are they, well I can see it.

Hang fire and I'll get another briquette.

Sugarice Sun 17-Mar-13 15:04:18

A weetabix is the same both sides isn't it?

Ds3 only eats weetabix for breakfast, I haven't noticed a difference at all, ever!!

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:04:27

Can't see it!!

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Mar-13 15:04:36

PHOTO 2 IS UPSIDE DOWN.

And yes I'm shouting.

Maat Sun 17-Mar-13 15:05:59

Ah but !!!

In photo 2 there is more evidence of crumbs which means they have fallen off the weetabix during the process of turning it over and therefore not conclusively (beyond all reasonable doubt) displaying the true shape.

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Sun 17-Mar-13 15:06:40

No, I agree there is a difference but photo 2 is the correct way, surely?

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:07:08

So that's three of us, Showy, Yellow and me who all think that Photo 2 is more concave on top, and is therefore upside down.

As we all agree, we must be right.

<soothes Showy's fevered brow>

[satisfied]

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:07:13

But WHY showy WHY? This is like magic eye pictures all over again. Everyone else could see the dolphins, I bloody well couldn't.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:07:38

Oh, x-posted.

Just two of us so grin

BanjoPlayingTiger Sun 17-Mar-13 15:08:13

But it looks better in photo 2. hmm

Is this going to be one of those things like which way you hang toilet roll? Or how you squeeze toothpaste?

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Sun 17-Mar-13 15:08:48

Mary's, please, do not misquote me on these matters, I am a breakaway faction arguing yes, a difference but I will never, never accept photo 1 as the correct weetabix orientation.

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Sun 17-Mar-13 15:09:23

Sorry maryz, autocorrect is scared of the apostrophe police!

ParsingFancy Sun 17-Mar-13 15:09:36

DP's immediate response: "Of course it does!"

Invited to expand, he admits he hasn't eaten one for 30 years, but he does know they had a right way up. "And it was important."

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Mar-13 15:10:23

DH once put all of the weetabix out in a row on the side randomly. I corrected them to be the right way up. I went away again. He randomly turned a few over. I came back and corrected them. We did this several times.

Now note this was for experimental reasons, we're not so hard up that we play dominoes with wheat based cereal for kicks. DH was shocked that every time I knew which ones he'd moved. He thinks I'm a witch. I think people aren't looking closely enough at their weetabix.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:10:46

I x-posted, and am now self-flagellating having misread you shock. I will be forever sorry that I thought you would agree that picture 2 was righter than picture 1.

Maat Sun 17-Mar-13 15:10:53

<adjusts clipboard>

Can you just confirm Glaikit, for the benefit of the Jury, that it was indeed a true Weetabix and not a cheaper version such as Weet-O-Bix, Bisc-O-Weet etc.?

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:10:59

For the purposes of an accurate experiment I am going to take another weetabix and photograph it from the same angle in the same light.

I may be a minute or two.

Maryz Sun 17-Mar-13 15:11:57

I think I may have to add weetabix to the shopping list.

I bet a million pounds that both ds1 and ds2 will be able to tell the difference, and dd will not (them having Aspergery brains and all).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now