I think my baby must have a wonky widget

(206 Posts)
McPhee Sun 16-Sep-12 17:26:46

because it never ruddy sleeps!! I've had possession of this tiny human for 11 weeks now. I thought maybe it was jetlagged, or had settling in issues. You know, like when you get a new freezer?

But...mine keeps running on maximum speed, but the battery doesn't seem to discharge at a 'normal' rate? Some bugger installed a dynamo in mine hmm

Seriously. Is mine faulty?? Can I disconnect the Dynamo?

Does yours sleep, and if so how many hours during the day

mrstigs Tue 25-Feb-14 10:09:47

I currently have three models at home due to closure of the external facility. V8.4 and V6.3 seem to be have compatibility issues and V2.3 seems to be having semi regular episodes of very high pitched noise output. Considering legal ramifications of listing all units on Internet based auction site.

Trumpton Mon 24-Feb-14 23:24:13

Have you downloaded it in its docking station for at least 60 mins during the day ? Even if the the high pitched whining continues it can be ignored if you are ingesting a cup of tea and biscuits.

Yes, but it just bounces round the room shouting 'daisy daisy daisy'

It might be time to roll it out to an outside engineer hmm

GinSoakedMisery Mon 24-Feb-14 23:02:04

Have you installed the Cbeebies App?

Oh dear, I need the nations help

Model has now reached its breaking point, and at 1.9 is showing constant signs of wear and tear. The whine is a constant 'no', and its dragging its limbs behind it. Lowering the vocal tone by its user is having no affect, neither is highering the vocal tones. Infact, I am wondering if the owner should just leave the system alone, and maybe hide in the shed hmm

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sun 21-Jul-13 22:48:37

Just found this:

Our model 17.6 is mostly fine, apart from inordinate wallpaper changes and some non-standard modifications to the audio and olfactory inputs. Networking capabilities are as expected, although speech mode somewhat glitchy with a lot of upper register white noise. It's agitating for a mobility add-on, but has been informed it needs Job 1.0 installing first. This caused brief crashing and bandwidth on the local network was compromised.

Currently in ad-hoc mode with another 17.6; this model has been shown a meat cleaver entirely by accident so no client systems are expected. Yet.

McPhee Sat 27-Oct-12 21:32:22

I'm expecting a cataclysmic disaster tonight, as my models clock will be out of synch

Is there a special code we need to use to prevent overload tomorrow?

No one pre warned McPhee about a timing interference issue confused

FTRsMammy Sun 14-Oct-12 17:40:00

<enters stage left, wearing wistful smile>

Ah I remember when mine was a 2. Version, in hindsight those were the good old days. I now have a 3.10 it's sleep function is pretty reliable however when given an instruction it has inexplicably started repeating "no way José" and that's when it even responds to an instruction at all (faulty hearing ports!)
Also ladies, and I don't wish to alarm anyone but there is no manual it's all a big con to make you think there's a switch to fix everything and there's not!!! sad
On a final note what do you do about a banjaxed fuel port, mine doesn't seem to be able to put anything in without making a huge mess over its outer coverings, any advice greatly received smile

If you google Oddbins I find them very helpful in times of need grin.

Ds is behaving perfectly tonight, been fast asleep since 7pm. This, of course, is because daddy is in charge tonight so I can relax and catch up on sleep. I swear the child is laughing at me. Tomorrow we'll be back to tantrums and sleep refusal.

McPhee Sat 29-Sep-12 21:49:05

Oh dear

We have a very over wonked widget tonight

I may have to call the helpline

There is a helpline isn't there??????

BoffinMum Tue 25-Sep-12 11:38:20

My 3.5 model requires refuelling at bedtime but then proceeds to leak in the small hours. I suppose taping up the exit hole isn't an option?

StabbyMacStabby Sat 22-Sep-12 23:35:18

Feefo have emailed me, at long last, for a review of my product!

Should I mention all the stuff about delivery being 14 days after the original date I was given, or the two days to actually get it out of its packaging? Plus all the glitches with the programming, the mysterious unrequested uploads, the viruses, that time it inserted some cornflakes into its upper external port then promptly gushed a ghastly, smelly, chemically liquid all over my jeans?

Hmm. No.

"Five stars. Highly recommended. Very satisfied customer."

McPhee Sat 22-Sep-12 08:41:07

Oh dear shipsCat, it does sound like you may have lucked out missed your window. Applying some cold turkey to your model may be necessary, and some patience gin to the user.

Your model may display some unpleasurable functions during this time.

You may want to move out grin

ShipsCat Sat 22-Sep-12 08:05:20

My v3 2.10 still needs refuelling at night in order to return to sleep mode. Is this due to user error? It has so far successful resisted bribery and rewards. It seems like I've missed the window of opportunity to reprogramme it in this mode...

BoffinMum Sat 22-Sep-12 07:33:39

I thought I might attempt a bit of servicing on my models today. There seems to be some overgrowth in the top module that may require trimming. I may leave this to a professional as I think the parts concerned are not user serviceable. grin

Startailoforangeandgold Fri 21-Sep-12 10:43:18

V2.11 still has an intermittent virus causing pain in main processed unit and fuelling tube.

Have applied Calpol Ap and sent it to continuous upgrade centre.

It is not functioning to it's normal standard.

Still refusing to go onto standby at the correct hour.

KatAndKit Fri 21-Sep-12 10:19:14

My device is downloading the sharp white hardware upgrade in the upper port. This is resulting in several software glitches. I need to consult the troubleshooting manual about this before it prevents the device from engaging the standby mode.

McPhee Fri 21-Sep-12 09:53:48

Our glitches seem to have suddenly ironed out today. My model has been in circulation for 12 weeks now. How has that happened???

Do other users remember their ownership passing so fast??

dementedma Thu 20-Sep-12 23:04:33

V19 pink model has stopped communicating and now shows a default message of "out.back later". Excessive probing can sometimes generate previous default messages of "dunno" "fine" "later" and "whatever" bit interactive communication has completely crashed. Will pouring alcohol into top port lubricate Things?

discrete Thu 20-Sep-12 20:26:27

I'm afraid to say both of mine came with the same defect. Unfortunately, the wonky widget responsible seems to also be responsible for regulating speech quantity (mine are stuck on MAX).

They are also lacking a mute button or ANY sort of volume control (I've looked everywhere, it's just not there!).

McPhee Thu 20-Sep-12 20:20:37

SPs. The twitching must be down to overload. I've had similar issues tonight too. Once mine was covered it entered sleep mode with no apparent glitches. I hope you've had similar success?

The recall centre recycled the same information today. So no further progress today. I fear they may not know enough about my model.

tb Thu 20-Sep-12 15:50:31

Had mine for 14.11 years, and no matter how hard I've looked, cannot find the 'oh shit' button that vintage models used to have (ca 1980).

BlueyDragon Thu 20-Sep-12 14:53:45

McPhee, I hope the recall centre was able to help with your V1 2012 issues today.

BlueyDragon Thu 20-Sep-12 14:52:17

The next time I get one of those calls claiming to be Microsoft and telling me my computer has a virus, I'm going to read them this thread.

grin

SPsFanjoShiversTheTimbers Thu 20-Sep-12 12:44:33

My 2.10 has crashed. It is on the floor with it limbs slightly twitching. Think its circuits have been over used due to speed mode been stuck on zoom for a couple of hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now