ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Please help me with my 'Little Book of Hindsight' for DS's 18th

(205 Posts)
LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Fri 14-Sep-12 08:19:51

Hi

My DS is 18 on Monday. (sob)

As my parents died when I was in my early 20s and I've really missed their advice over the years, I've bought a gorgeous little book and I'm writing in it all the things I think it's useful to know. I've called it 'The Little Book of Hindsight ... or How Not To Bugger It Up'

I've put funny things in as well as serious things eg the correct response when a woman asks if her bum looks big in this (and an example of an incorrect response for fun). I've said try to save 1/4 of your net income etc etc.

I know he needs to learn by his own mistakes but I thought this would be nice - and it isn't a book of rules.

He knows I'm writing it and likes the idea but asked for it to be funny.

Please can you help.

NightScentedStock Tue 17-Sep-13 13:35:45

Comparison is the thief of joy

Procrastination is the thief of time; don't put something off till tomorrow if you can do it today (if it's something you're dreading then "Future You" will thank you)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but the number of times your breath is taken away.

You can't please everyone all of the time.

DrunkenFlamingo Tue 17-Sep-13 18:08:28

one from my mum - spend your money on good shoes and a good mattress, if you're not in one you're in the other.

BoozyBear Tue 17-Sep-13 18:27:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Moghedia Thu 10-Oct-13 13:57:29

Don'tmindifIdo: I assume that I am in interview when I get to the street I need to be on, but I am especially paranoid that way smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now