To throw water over a pigeon I've just spray painted?

(203 Posts)

Stay with me.

Just started to spray paint a fence panel, must have startled poor pidge behind fence as it flapped up maniacally. I had a bit of a scream...whilst holding spray trigger.

Pidge is now half 'oak brown', sitting in tree. Can't quite tell if he's ok, not giving much away with facial expression.

Have googled "accidentally painted a pigeon" with disappointingly unresourceful results.

So, should i just chuck water at it & hope it comes off?? Turps would seem a little extreme.

I'm only on page 4 and have not cried from laughing so much in a longgg time thanks to all of you smile

sunnyrosegarden Thu 23-Oct-14 19:07:16

Bump

Goldchilled7up Sat 01-Dec-12 21:52:44

I don't find this funny at all sad poor thing. I find some of the comments here very cruel. I'm surprised it has been moved to classics.

Aw I've only just realised we made Classics.

Paul, this is dedicated to you. Wherever you may be, gawd bless ya. Hope you're all still nicely water repellant and stuff. If you want to come back one day, I'll do the other side.

AnyaJetski Sat 22-Sep-12 17:02:41

And if we hear of a Red Squirrel revival in the UK next season, we'll know you opted for "Autumn Copper" on your fence instead

<snort> [grun]

Brilliant thread - I cried at the [grun]!

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Fri 21-Sep-12 08:51:11

ratbag if it sounds like hoofbeats it probably is horses.

ratbagcatbag Fri 21-Sep-12 06:48:14

Sorry, but I'm sure if pidge had been on the floor then the op would have done something about it but it flew to a tree so made that possibility a bit different, and sorry wild woman but who are you to say I need to learn compassion from youngsters, I've taken more injured pigeons and birds in than any one I know and sought treatment for them at my expense and time, just because of one thread please do not presume you know how anyone reacts or behaves around wildlife. It was a very funny thread but amazingly enough laughing at it doesn't make me an animal hater, so please step down from the high horse you've just put yourself on.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Thu 20-Sep-12 23:20:40

Thank you wildwoman. Unfunny thread.

Imsosorryalan Wed 19-Sep-12 22:00:43

grin I bet this ends up on the MN weekly round robin email! Oops should that be round pigeon wink

TheEnthusiasticTroll Wed 19-Sep-12 21:52:18

you should have wrote bankys on him and called the local rag with a
scoop, no one would suspect it was you.

FuzzyGOLDwood Wed 19-Sep-12 21:46:29

I missed this when it was posted, best thread title ever grin.
Though OP if you're still around it's entirely your fault that the non sleeping child number 2 in the Fuzzy household is now awake and that my white duvet cover is now covered in the red wine I just laughed out over it!

HecateHarshPants Wed 19-Sep-12 21:42:36

HOW is this not in classics?

"Paul, is that you?" still makes me snort.

SmileItsSunny Wed 19-Sep-12 21:39:45

Hilarious. Thank you for making me spit out my tea in front of in-laws...
thanks

KenLeeeeeee Wed 19-Sep-12 19:34:16

Best. Thread. Ever.

Leena49 Wed 19-Sep-12 19:18:55

This thread love it.

JesusInTheCabbageVan Wed 19-Sep-12 16:21:00

I think you should try and spray his other side so he can start a new life as a lady blackbird.

GoldShip Wed 19-Sep-12 16:16:44

Could you put turpse into the bird bath?

can't believe I missed:

"Can't quite tell if he's ok, not giving much away with facial expression."
first time round grin

GoldShip Wed 19-Sep-12 16:05:06

I'm into animals rights in a big way but this has had me nearly weeing!!

ratbagcatbag Wed 19-Sep-12 15:22:21

I remember this thread, I absolutely cried with laughter at the time.

timeforathink Wed 19-Sep-12 15:19:27

tears running down my face ,op this has made my day so funny ,

pickofthepops Tue 18-Sep-12 22:12:33

Could you accessorise with the pigeon? Maybe a garden bird aviary type thing with other spray painted birds? Darrow and Ball range in winged wonders.. Sky blue starling...

smellyolddog Tue 18-Sep-12 22:09:29

threeineachlobe OK so I've just found this and thought of this thread!!! what have you been doing now - just imagine what those italian birds were saying to their mates.

www.fastcocreate.com/1681530/can-animals-be-art-meet-venices-painted-pigeons#9

entropygirl Sat 12-May-12 23:12:13

hmmm how interesting...I had a thread make the previous round up and exactly the same thing happened...precisely one hand wringer turned up to tell us all how morally destitute we were...Im pretty sure this is a different person, but then maybe there is a rota....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now