Mumsnet County … name a place, street, shop or service

(226 Posts)
WhirlyByrd Tue 01-May-12 11:50:13

Your challenge is to suggest names for the places, streets and shops that would make up the County of Mumsnet.

The city would be called Forum. Its suburbs: Boden (designer, very expensive), Hunbury Hills (flashy and a bit TOWIE), Cleek (gated community).

Phew - lemon drizzle cake you say? Do you think they would serve it with a side order of chocolate almond cake? Lemon and chocolate is a v.good combination.

dontcallmehon Sun 06-May-12 00:11:34

Yes, Spill the drink would be in Hunsbury. We could have a naice coffee shop which serves lemon drizzle cake.

dontcall wouldn't the Spill the drink coffee shop be the other side of the bridge from us? [Hopes]

dontcallmehon Sat 05-May-12 23:32:44

The Goodhousekeeping cleaning emporium. Stacked with useful cleaning items. Also the good reads library which sounds an alarm to alert the other residences if you choose the wrong type of book. Spill the drink coffee shop and crèche where mums can drink coffee whilst their little darlings run amok.

Its alright. We can just shoot them out of canons towards any invading nethuns zombies

And no bloody broken bananas either [stamps foot]. (Yes, I am that customer grin).

Jareth - sounds good, but you are aware goblins will have to follow the same clean up rules as dogs, and I understand they are far messier?

Can I have an tower in the middle of the city with escher staircases and lots and lots of goblins please??

Whoopydofoxpoo Sat 05-May-12 22:07:59

A really speedy broadband service !

and an internet forum that never goes off line angry at least not without warning !

ClicksArse Sat 05-May-12 22:04:30

Do we have a white good store yet called "The Maintenance Wash(ing Machines)?

CuttedUpPear Sat 05-May-12 21:52:55

I think you'll find that I am the proprietor of said shop and will stock it accordingly.
[sniffy]

Whoopydofoxpoo Sat 05-May-12 21:41:28

Moonlight - thank you !

FENTON park - yes ! (no deer please )

But, we don't want cutted up pear, we want cutted-up pear...

Whoopydo - of course! Bags, scoopers and ketchup (for the fox/badger poo) to be provided at strategic locations throughout the county.

Do we have a municipal park yet, BTW? Think it would have to be FENTON Park smile.

taxiformumplease Sat 05-May-12 21:26:36

joules horse riding school.

CuttedUpPear Sat 05-May-12 21:26:07

<Arrives clutching keys to Fruit n Veg shop>
<Lays greengrocers grass out on table outside>
<Arranges Cutted Up Pears and other delights upon table>

Ready!

taxiformumplease Sat 05-May-12 21:25:29

custardo corner cafe.

Whoopydofoxpoo Sat 05-May-12 21:23:23

Would dogs be welcome in this town ?

realhousewifeofdevoncounty Sat 05-May-12 21:06:35

A pub called " the Mooncup". sorry if it's been done, cba to read whole thread! grin

Can we have a shop that just sells Pom Bears?

ifeellove Sat 05-May-12 20:45:18

Public loos have a special POAS cubicle with neon + and - sign above for all to see

Professional handholders available for hire

sleepychunky Sat 05-May-12 20:09:21

And Norman the Foreman would of course be in charge of any building work that needed to be carried out.

TheOriginalSteamingNit Wed 02-May-12 22:03:27

Every year the locals would make mannequins to hang on the walls of houses and sit on the village green, as one sees in villages. It would be the straw man competition.

AfternoonsAndCoffeespoons Wed 02-May-12 22:01:20

A construction firm called 'Sue Purbly Built' shock I have spent hours, no days, trying to 'get' that name! <thick>

Oooo and somewhere to put Zombie's wheelie bin - maybe in a purpose built bin-shelter right beside the statue in the Town Square?

The Labour Klaxon needs to do a different klax than the Pustule Eruption Klaxon, which both need to be different to the Zombie Apocalypse/Generalised End of the World Klaxon...
We need a Klaxon Control Officer - volunteers anyone?
Where's Apocalypse when we need her?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now