Please recommend your best buys what enharnce your life. But, but, but they cannot cost more than £4.73.

(278 Posts)
ChaosTrulyReigns71 Tue 17-Apr-12 13:53:36

I give you Colour Catchers and Hotel Chocolate Kir Royale truffle type things.

warmandwooly Tue 17-Apr-12 16:43:36

Bags of Thorntons' chocolates that you can get for a pound or the mishapes.

Soap and Glory mini bubble bath

Maryz Tue 17-Apr-12 16:48:42

"down the brain" grin

And I didn't even notice <weeps>

My brain automatically corrects Chaos' typos as I read, I have to look very carefully to notice them at all these days, sadly.

CheerfulYank Tue 17-Apr-12 16:56:51

<laughing hysterically at "12 times for no"> grin

Um...I have some amazing lip balm. It smells like a sugared orange and is exfoliating. I can't remember what it's called but it has a giraffe on it. <helpful>

<weeping>

DH thinks I have truly lost the plot.

Thank you Chaos. With my £4.73 I would buy as many Terry's Choc Oranges as I could.

And give them all to you.

BertieBotts Tue 17-Apr-12 22:22:09

I like pick n mix. And the humble stamp is pretty useful, and envelopes. You can send people things.

OH OH, and some overpriced (but still under £4.73) plasters from paperchase with cute little pretending-to-be-japanese animal characters on. I haven't needed one yet, but they are on my shelf just in case, smiling their rainbows down on me ready to assist at the slightest scratch.

pointythings Tue 17-Apr-12 22:23:50

Cheese. £4.73 will buy you something nice, even at Waitrose.

FrillyMilly Tue 17-Apr-12 22:38:15

I'm actually crying laughing!

Best buy for under £4.73 would be the naice sausages I get from the butchers. So much nicer than the supermarket ones.

Woodlands Tue 17-Apr-12 22:41:28

My DH just rushed in here (interrupting a phone call to his mum) to see what on earth I was crying about... he was releived to see i was laughing!

post 12 times for no grin

<weeping real tears here>

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Tue 17-Apr-12 23:30:54

<wiping eyes and nominating for Classics>

Tee2072 Wed 18-Apr-12 03:27:08

What truly makes this a classic is that despite the incredible thread derailment people are still answering the question!

CheshireDing Wed 18-Apr-12 08:06:32

I only came on to innocently vote "Starbucks Hot Chocolate with whipped cream/bottle of white wine on offer" but ended up big belly laughing whilst trying to bf! grin

OW OW OW! I am having a very painful back spasm at the moment! I came on here to say 'paracetamol' and after reading this, it hurts even more! sad
Bad, bad Chaos!

Maryz Wed 18-Apr-12 10:43:00

Is that because the question is interesting, Tee, or have they not RTFT?

WaitingForMe Wed 18-Apr-12 10:50:44

This thread has enhanced my life and cost less than £4.73 grin

Tee2072 Wed 18-Apr-12 11:05:22

A little of both, Maryz. A little of both.

Oh yeah the question - I'd forgotten about that grin

Mines Nescafe Caramel latte coffee - you know the ones in a sachet?

Why's this not in classics?

MyleeneCrass Wed 18-Apr-12 12:13:01

Hotel chocolat rose and violet creams
Dry shampoo
Getting shoes reheeled

DilysPrice Wed 18-Apr-12 16:16:11

And to think I was hassling Tech only the other day to install a widget that would spot when you were double posting and stop you! I'd always seen double posts as a bad thing, but I'd just never seen them done with such, um, aplomb.

Oh, and 4.73 will get you a Pret falafel, haloumi and Harissa hot wrap with gherkins, mmmmmm <missed lunch>.

Myleene are you me? I love Hotel Chocolat violet creams and cannot live without dry shampoo. Well I could but my hair would be very greasy! It's quite long so I don't like to wash it more than twice a week... (is that a bit gross?) I like the TreSemme one the best, also smells quite nice.

mrsalwaysawake Wed 18-Apr-12 16:47:56

Shoes reheeled for £4.73? Not round here you can't.

I love this thread.

MyleeneCrass Wed 18-Apr-12 17:00:23

Ha! 4.50 to get shoes reheeled on my local market.

Tee2072 Wed 18-Apr-12 17:02:50

I have nominated for classics and have been told it's in committee!

CalicoCathy Wed 18-Apr-12 17:11:48

Ha ha ha!

Anyway, here is mine - don't think you can get it in the UK though. But it is fantastic, step aside Nutella, there is a far more addictive spread -peanut caramel spread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now