Only with Ocado...

(256 Posts)
SoupDragon Tue 03-Apr-12 09:33:44

"Today your order will be delivered by Jesus in the Cabbage van"

You don't get the son of god delivering groceries for just any supermarket.

Ocado don't deliver here, i'm never going to have Jesus. sad

SoupDragon Tue 03-Apr-12 17:22:39

You might get Judas in the Tesco van though.

Beelzebub in the Asda van?

Stratters Tue 03-Apr-12 17:25:01

Me too Sue. I shall enjoy spitting it out in the middle of Morrisons, seeing that Ocado won't deliver here and I shall never meet Adam, or Jakub or Emmanuel, let alone Jesus in his cabbage van.

Tesco kept sending me things that were very nearly OOD so i stopped ordering, seems i got off lucky if it was Judas that was at my door. shock

Stratters Tue 03-Apr-12 17:25:42

Satan in the Sainsburys van.

emmanana Tue 03-Apr-12 17:26:49

Luke in Aubergine van, Mark in strawberry van. Just need Matthew and John for a line prize grin

I have that Lady Gaga song stuck in my head, this is a thread for song reminders!

Does this mean the Ocado van is the modern-day palm sunday donkey?

silverfrog Tue 03-Apr-12 17:30:24

ooh, ooh, I had john in Lemon van.

only need Matthew now...

Stratters Tue 03-Apr-12 17:31:04

This means I live in a heathenish area, I'm doomed. sad

Laambkins Tue 03-Apr-12 17:33:19

Hahahaaaa!grin

cronsilksilt Tue 03-Apr-12 18:08:46

I think mine may have been a melon van

CavemanDave Tue 03-Apr-12 18:10:47

Rafael visits me from time to time. Oh man what a man <happy sigh>

Hahaha, this thread has really cheered me up!

Although... I've placed many an order with Ocado and not once have I ever been sent a text/email detailing who will be bringing me my shopping and in what. Why this blatant discrimination? I want a Jesus in a cabbage van, damn it!

CaveMum Tue 03-Apr-12 18:22:33

Someone needs to come up with a Supermarket Delivery Person Bingo card grin

mrswoodentop Tue 03-Apr-12 18:22:56

I have had my shopping from Javier in the onion lorry and Pablo in the apple lorry but now I want Jesus.grin

I was having a horrid day but this thread has had me crying with laughter

mrswoodentop Tue 03-Apr-12 18:28:13

Interesting how there are not many women drivers ,where is Mary or Ruth or Elizabeth only had Donna in Oma Onion vanhmm

silverfrog Tue 03-Apr-12 18:29:29

Manda, I can't believe you don't get your text to tell you who will delivr your shopping, and what colour van shock

I also get notified of any substitutions in the text, so can be ready to refuse them without scanning the delivery order etc.

SilentSinger Tue 03-Apr-12 18:30:41

We've had Roger in Courgette van and Mark in Apple van. Nowhere near as impressive as Jesus!

mrswoodentop Tue 03-Apr-12 18:30:50

Manda you need to go into your profile/settings and select text alerts

spamm Tue 03-Apr-12 18:31:46

See, it's threads like this that make me homesick! I never had Jesus in the Cabbage van, and there is nothing like Ocado in Virginia. I miss Ocado <wails>!

Frontpaw Tue 03-Apr-12 18:36:59

Sounds like the man from another thread (re things kids say) where there was a car prang and the child asked the other driver if he was the baby Jesus (later the mum realised that she said 'Jesus Christ!' When he knocked her wing nirrir off). I am still sniggering over that thread ('fuck off, Grandad' - a new MN classic)

bunnybing Tue 03-Apr-12 18:38:03

Lucky you with Jesus - my last was Keith in the Onion Van.

pluckingupcourage Tue 03-Apr-12 18:40:28

SilentSinger "Roger in courgette" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now