Thing I Read on Mumsnet That Still Make Me Laugh Even Years Later

(460 Posts)
VivianDarkbloom Tue 01-Nov-11 12:57:52

Apologies if I get any of the details wrong...

The MNer who broke her wrist trying to teach a puppy how to jump a fence, and then broke the other one the next week showing somebody how she'd broken the first one.

The MNer who quite randomly introduced herself at a conference as "Angela Hernandez" when the real Angela Hernandez was in the room.

The legal MNer who was about to stand up in court when their opponent tried to sabotage them by passing them a note saying "the second witness lost his left buttock in a lawnmower accident".

grin

Most of these happened to that "friend" I KNOW you all have...

afussyphase Fri 08-Aug-14 15:39:41

I'm glad you woke it up, I would have missed it!

One of my favourites was the one about embarrassing things your DC have said in public. For some reason the one DS who gave someone (with some physical feature his Mum had quashed a loud query about) on the bus a knowing look and said "we're going to talk about you at home" always cracks me up.

alemci Sun 03-Aug-14 14:16:03

yes the funny in laws and someone's mil thought Pontious was a pilot in 2000bc I think.

HumptyWasPushed Sun 03-Aug-14 14:05:07

Ha! Just read through all this-plus the links! It took me a month, though!

UnitedZingDom Thu 15-Aug-13 19:51:37

Genius and I fell for it too!grin

UnitedZingDom Thu 15-Aug-13 19:50:59

these are hilarious! grin

Apologies - I seem to have resurrected an old thread!

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 11-Nov-11 18:45:47

The last one I cried laughing at was 'woof to you lady'. Possibly the best MN insult of all time.

Proudnscary Fri 11-Nov-11 14:22:19

I am at my desk at work CRYING with laughter like a complete nutter. Tiny wanker and holding dwarf's hand...oh god I'm off again!

Jacksmania Tue 08-Nov-11 23:13:17

Where has she gone???

That was the funniest thread - I could just picture a large-breasted lady putting each boob on the scale grin - and tons of posters then tried it grin

TheScareyWail Tue 08-Nov-11 19:27:53

Jacksmania, I miss her too! I think I remember that thread.

AppleAndBlack Mon 07-Nov-11 21:20:36

Yes, the tablecloth lady was funny. Can't think what you would search for to find her - "PTA menace?"

CaptainNancy Mon 07-Nov-11 13:16:46

No-one has mentioned the tablecloth lady... that was funny.

The mango thread reminded me of PEARL BARLEY

Note to self...the funniest threads appear in the most unlikely places. I'd have never opened a thread about mangoes...

Jacksmania Sun 06-Nov-11 19:09:45

Has anyone already mentioned MamaG's thread about weighing her boobs? I was in hysterics over that one. Even tried it myself but couldn't get both of them on the scale at the same time because they're too small and my scale wouldn't register them grin

Where is MamaG, by the way? Is she gone or has she name-changed into oblivion? I really liked her...

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 06-Nov-11 19:06:31

Buppers - a windup, surely?!

BupcakesandCunting Sun 06-Nov-11 18:27:20

Has anyone mentioned the threesome one, where a MNer fancied her mate and ended up having a three-way with her and her husband and they had a pizza interval halfeay through?

Longtime Fri 04-Nov-11 19:04:17

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/547609-to-call-of-my-wedding This is smallships shitting elf husband thread.

thisisyesterday, I remember the little boy parting the lady's buttocks too!

rips, grin at trying to steal a dwarf!

bigbadbarry Fri 04-Nov-11 16:15:31

Definitely a vote for kungfu panda and the reversing standoff, here. (Actually I vote that into second place behind the pom bear dinner party.)

SayCoolNowSayWhip Thu 03-Nov-11 20:45:08

TheScareyWall - fantastic. Thank you. DH and I have been in fits over those. In fact on some occasions being quite unbreathable! grin

TheScareyWail Thu 03-Nov-11 20:22:44
ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 03-Nov-11 13:17:13

Not to one the one.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 03-Nov-11 13:16:55

Just remembered to one by a man who was concerned that his wife was being examined my a male Doctor who would become aroused. It was deleted but marvellously frothingly beserk.

wahwahwah Thu 03-Nov-11 13:11:15

igivein - so if you go and its a clown or pantomime horse, please try not to punch the air and shout 'yesssssss, where's my blackberry, must Mumsnet this one'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now