Thing I Read on Mumsnet That Still Make Me Laugh Even Years Later

(460 Posts)
VivianDarkbloom Tue 01-Nov-11 12:57:52

Apologies if I get any of the details wrong...

The MNer who broke her wrist trying to teach a puppy how to jump a fence, and then broke the other one the next week showing somebody how she'd broken the first one.

The MNer who quite randomly introduced herself at a conference as "Angela Hernandez" when the real Angela Hernandez was in the room.

The legal MNer who was about to stand up in court when their opponent tried to sabotage them by passing them a note saying "the second witness lost his left buttock in a lawnmower accident".

grin

Most of these happened to that "friend" I KNOW you all have...

VivianDarkbloom Tue 01-Nov-11 13:46:01

Oh, I'd forgotten the MNer who came running into the kitchen topless, tarzan-wailing and beating her chest, to find her DH sitting at the table with the plumber... <wipes tear>

Can anyone link to the original thread about the bikini bottoms? I only know of it through legend.

(P.S. I accidentally made a duplicate of this thread as I thought this one hadn't gone through, and have been sadly refreshing the page wondering why nobody wanted to reminisce with me. So glad to find you all here grin )

TanteRose Tue 01-Nov-11 13:46:22

Thumb, actually, I sometimes wonder if I imagined it coz no-one ever knows what I'm talking about...hmmconfused

SucksToBeMe Tue 01-Nov-11 13:49:24

fuzzywood you beat me to it!! I STILL laugh when I think of that poor woman running through the kitchen beating her naked chest!!!! <snorts>

gringrinblush

reelingintheyears Tue 01-Nov-11 13:49:34

'A dog shat on my picnic'

WitchesAreComing Tue 01-Nov-11 13:50:17

The MNer's child who made a large clay cock the day before the HV was due to visit and wanted it proudly displayed.

I was howling before I even read the suggestion that perhaps it might be better hidden in the child's bedroom.

exoticfruits Tue 01-Nov-11 13:50:26

I agree with the one who took off her top and ran through the house like Tarzan and found her DH was talking to the plumber!
Definitely agree with LeQueen and anyone who takes AP to extremes. You just wanted to get hold of the DC on the aeroplane and say 'stop the nonsense-you will put that seat belt on THIS MINUTE'.

reelingintheyears Tue 01-Nov-11 13:50:32

VivianDarkbloom

The tarzan one was brilliant.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 01-Nov-11 13:50:57

My favourite was the 'I've shat myself in the lavatory at Victoria Station, it's all down my legs and haven't any spare clothes' troll. Especially when it evolved into a real-life (bless her heart) MN-er going along to assist and discreetly whispering ...^Cooee! Are you the lady that's shat herself?!^... under every door.

reelingintheyears Tue 01-Nov-11 13:52:22

'My DH leaves shitty cotton wool tips on the side of the bath'...shock

TanteRose Tue 01-Nov-11 13:52:30

OMG, Cogito, did someone actually go to help her? The thread was pulled before I had a chance to read it all...

YaMaYaMa Tue 01-Nov-11 13:53:47

The one with the MNer who made a terrifying Easter Bonnet for her son. Someone linked to it a few months ago and the pic was still on her profile. It is awesome.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 01-Nov-11 13:54:46

As far as I know... yes, they went to help. All a massive wind-up and, no doubt, a serious let-down for the Good Samaritan, but killingly funny otherwise.

Fuzzywood Tue 01-Nov-11 13:58:08

<giggling all over again now> did we ever find out what happened the week the plumber was back in the house?
I'd forgotten about the cock sculpture.
This has cheered me up no end grin

I loved the thread describing post-bath whoosh. Still makes me laugh thinking about it.

YaMaYaMa Tue 01-Nov-11 14:02:28
Thumbwitch Tue 01-Nov-11 14:03:08

There was a MNer who posted a picture her very young DS had drawn of what appeared to be a penis - it turned out that it was meant to be granny in her wheelchair (it really did look like a penis though...) - that made me laugh a LOT. grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 01-Nov-11 14:04:39

Christ, that bonnet is terrifying! Excellent work though – it has genuine frightening character.

The MN-er who wanted to know, for reasons I forget, how her digestive system was performing, time-wise. So she swallowed a piece of lego. Her astonishment at what she had done and her appreciation of the fact that there's nothing a forum would like to do better that to "support" such a person while they await the outcome of their investigation was charming.

Fuzzywood Tue 01-Nov-11 14:08:46

Bloody hell that bonnet is scary, whilst highly amusing at the same time!

God yes the bonnet. I often think of it when construction paper is getting the better of me.

mrsmilesaway Tue 01-Nov-11 14:10:42

Pram huns.

A thread about a nude pic of Madonna. Half the thread was people giggling at her fanjo and the other half was shouting at the people who were laughing. Someone then said it looked like she was giving birth to Rolf Harris. Now whenever I see Rolf I think of Madge's fanjo.

The mner who fell out with a friend after sliding down a wall in gales of laughter when she was told about the friends mum falling out of a car as it went round a roundabout. Her mum was ok but the woman couldn't control her laughter.

msshapelybottom Tue 01-Nov-11 14:11:04

Oh these are great! The one I still giggle at when I think about it was the woman who wandered into her kitchen starkers, got a tin of fanta out of the fridge and was slugging from it with one hand whilst lifting up her boob to examine it with the other hand. At that moment her lovely neighbours walked past the window with a box of home grown veg :D So funny...

Also love the cube of poo one.

MrsWicket Tue 01-Nov-11 14:11:23

The date at the zoo/penquin one. Classic

SarahStratton Tue 01-Nov-11 14:12:24

It was squirty cream wasn't it? Not fanta. Unless I've embellished it in my mind.

ImpYCelyn Tue 01-Nov-11 14:13:38

I love (LeQueen's perhaps?) MIL who believed the dinosaurs were real and was surprised they were being sacrificed after all the expense.

In fact, just last week I heard DH recounting that story to my Dad blush I was so embarrassed that he started with "ImpYCelyn" told me that she read on Mumsnet..."

I also love the Easter bonnet, cock sculpture, and "your minge shock ".

The one about drawing a moustache on your baby before the HV comes was also one of the first things I read on Mumsnet, I felt right at home grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now