Thing I Read on Mumsnet That Still Make Me Laugh Even Years Later

(457 Posts)
VivianDarkbloom Tue 01-Nov-11 12:57:52

Apologies if I get any of the details wrong...

The MNer who broke her wrist trying to teach a puppy how to jump a fence, and then broke the other one the next week showing somebody how she'd broken the first one.

The MNer who quite randomly introduced herself at a conference as "Angela Hernandez" when the real Angela Hernandez was in the room.

The legal MNer who was about to stand up in court when their opponent tried to sabotage them by passing them a note saying "the second witness lost his left buttock in a lawnmower accident".

grin

Most of these happened to that "friend" I KNOW you all have...

BoffinMum Tue 01-Nov-11 13:27:29

Moustache!

<wets self>

grin

Becaroooo Tue 01-Nov-11 13:28:45

cutted up pear woman
<<wipes tears of mirth from eyes>>

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 01-Nov-11 13:28:54

haha at 'fucking spanish food eating spanish spain bastards in spain' grin I wasn't even on that thread, I read it on my phone late at night and woke DP up with laughing.

grin at kelly Osborne. They fucking deleted that thread buppy, it has kelly Osbourne, your comment about Myleene and the Khao San road and other nasty comments. Why did they delete it <wrings hands>

neverever Tue 01-Nov-11 13:29:52

the thread about the mum in aibu who was annoyed that the childminders hiad dared to give her dc m&s pasta and had not handmade the pasta.

TanteRose Tue 01-Nov-11 13:30:11

Thumb, they were...scary...shock sort of...evil-looking.

very odd...twas about 3 years ago?

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 01-Nov-11 13:30:52

The thread where I said that I had immaced my fanjo, and then someone came on and said 'well it didn't harm my 4 month old baby's head when it got immaced', she then fucked off for 24 hours whilst the rest of the thread went 'whaaaaaaaaat'.

(She came back in the end, she dropped immac on the baby by mustake, it wasn't purposefully done)

oh yes. "your minge, your minge" has me laughing so hard it hurts.

and the, erm. babies and rockets. grin

oh, and the woman being stitched up whose 'minmin' attacked the doctor and pinned them to the wall grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 01-Nov-11 13:32:16

I second the detective inspector tripping over the dead body. grin
Also on the work thread, the woman who had food poisoning at a conference and kept sneaking off stage to puke in a bin hidden from view, forgetting that she had a mike on. And then ended her stint on the stage by sitting down too hard on a wheelie chair and cannoning off the back of the stage shouting 'Fuck!' <dying of laughter all over again>

And the celeb crushes thread where someone mused: 'Benedict Cumberbatch ... For a thin man, he's exceptionally hot. And I bet he'd do the nasty like a rocket.' Something about the vocab and punctuation just made/still makes me howl with laughter.

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 01-Nov-11 13:32:38

Tuna Pasta Bake gate.

And one of my favoutite threads of all time - Beesimo with the gran gran and all the horses, everyone was having a row and then suddenly loads of people started quoting 90s lyrics in random places, you would have 'shut up you racist bitch' and the next post would be NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO THERES NO LIMITS TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO

That was deleted as well.

StillSquiffy Tue 01-Nov-11 13:32:46

the tale of LisaLisa's pants had me crying with laughter as the drama unfolded.

Putrifyno Tue 01-Nov-11 13:32:51

Oh the tripadvisor one was hysterical! I want to GO to the Wooky....

BlameItOnTheBogey Tue 01-Nov-11 13:33:13

Another vote for the MNer who took her bikini bottoms off beside the pool. Read it out loud to DH but couldn't even get the words out because I was crying with laughter.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Tue 01-Nov-11 13:33:59

I just love tiny wanker grin

The other day I spent a lovely hour in the bath revisiting revies and chortling like a loon. Goodness knows what the neighbours thought was going on (terraced house - thinnish walls).

I need to know about cutted up pears and toddlers, please Ophelia

Sidge Tue 01-Nov-11 13:34:32

The hamster casserole one was hilarious. Even though it was made up it was bloody funny.

And pirate sex.

And cube of poo.

Putrifyno Tue 01-Nov-11 13:34:55

and the Oxo Tower.....grin

LeQueen Tue 01-Nov-11 13:35:34

I loved that thread 'Do you have twigs and pebbley shit' ...stuff of legend smile

I always wish I'd printed it off and had it bound into a slim volume that I could peruse whenever I was feeling a bit blue...

Putrifyno Tue 01-Nov-11 13:35:53

The hedgehog cam one had me in tears.

Fuzzywood Tue 01-Nov-11 13:38:49

The one where whoever it was ran topless past the plumber who was sitting in her lounge with her DH shouting something about hob nobs thinking only her DH was there. Who was that?
The toddler AIBU with the cutter up pear was also fab.

LeQueen Tue 01-Nov-11 13:40:59

And, that thread about 'Weird Things Your In-Laws Do' Remember one MN-etter posting how her MIL had a key to the MN-etter's house, and one day the MN-etter was pulling onto her own drive and spotted MIL letting herself into her house (perfectly normal, the visit was expected) but the MIL actually shut the door in the MN-etter's face, reducing her to having to knock politely on her own front door shock

Doesn't sound remotely funny now, but it really tickled me at the time smile

Thumbwitch Tue 01-Nov-11 13:42:54

Ah the OXO tower one - masterful!

I presume the cutted up pear one is the recent one that made it into Classics? Where the toddler was asking AIBU? this one

coldcomfortHeart Tue 01-Nov-11 13:43:03

Cutted up pear one is in Classics- title is something like 'if my 3 year old had access to AIBU' or somethhing like that

classic indeed

coldcomfortHeart Tue 01-Nov-11 13:43:26

xpost!

LeQueen Tue 01-Nov-11 13:43:33

Ohhh, and any and all threads pertaining to Attachment Parenting...infact I got a bit fixated by their utterly crazed lunancy, and couldn't stop myself attemtping to be the voice of sanity and logic...still recall the AP Parent who wouldn't make their child wear a seat-belt on an airplane shock

Had to wean myself off them in the end hmm

Thumbwitch Tue 01-Nov-11 13:44:41

Tante - I must have missed those - phew!

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Tue 01-Nov-11 13:45:59

Shall peruse shortly, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now