Thing I Read on Mumsnet That Still Make Me Laugh Even Years Later

(460 Posts)
VivianDarkbloom Tue 01-Nov-11 12:57:52

Apologies if I get any of the details wrong...

The MNer who broke her wrist trying to teach a puppy how to jump a fence, and then broke the other one the next week showing somebody how she'd broken the first one.

The MNer who quite randomly introduced herself at a conference as "Angela Hernandez" when the real Angela Hernandez was in the room.

The legal MNer who was about to stand up in court when their opponent tried to sabotage them by passing them a note saying "the second witness lost his left buttock in a lawnmower accident".

grin

Most of these happened to that "friend" I KNOW you all have...

notnowbernard Tue 01-Nov-11 13:01:54

The MNer whose toddler DS pointed at a rather un-tended ladygarden in the communal swimming pool changing room and said "uh-oh!"

I still chuckle at this and it seems like aeons ago. I don't even know who posted it grin

mycatsaysach Tue 01-Nov-11 13:02:41

100 rolls grin

TanteRose Tue 01-Nov-11 13:03:54

"tiny wanker"...I still sometimes remember that and giggle to myself grin

Pippinintherain Tue 01-Nov-11 13:05:03

The poster who as a policewoman was visiting a murder scene for forensics and fell over the dead body grin

iklboo Tue 01-Nov-11 13:06:02

Woofa's testicle removal - build up and post op (that dog was fecking hilarious).

MrsYamada Tue 01-Nov-11 13:07:07

It's got to be Second Coming taking her bikini bottoms off by the pool.

'Fuck shock your minge.'

Priceless.

ShowOfHands Tue 01-Nov-11 13:07:55

The grammer police. That whole invasion in fact.

OpheliaBumps Tue 01-Nov-11 13:08:02

The MNer who removed her tankini bottoms at the side of the pool, the one with the tiny wanker DC, and the utter arse of a woman who gave her toddler a cutted up pear.

In fact I'm snorting now just typing these!

kickingking Tue 01-Nov-11 13:08:06

The garlic shit post. Even if it wasn't true (think there was some doubt about the story) it's still funny.

bran Tue 01-Nov-11 13:08:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Putrifyno Tue 01-Nov-11 13:08:27

"Is that you, UCM" always makes me titter.

WitchesAreComing Tue 01-Nov-11 13:09:26

The lady who mistakenly called her son a "tiny wanker" instead of a "whiny tinker". In a packed doctor's waiting room.

Whenever I'm peeling carrots I think of Reality's Mum because apparently she is unable to understand that Chantenay carrots don't need peeling and nags her about it. For some reason it makes me giggle.

chinam Tue 01-Nov-11 13:10:30

The poor mum whose child told her she was lovely but would look even better if she had straight hair and a different face.

WitchesAreComing Tue 01-Nov-11 13:10:30

Oh - and someone grabbing the wrong hand thinking it was their DD and finding themselves encouraging a dwarf out of a toy shop.

Thumbwitch Tue 01-Nov-11 13:11:44

yes to all of the above but the one that I still remember most was the first thing I saw about MN, an article in the Guardian c. 2004 - it listed some of the things that mumsnetters recommended one didn't do with one's toddler - and I believe it may have been monkeytrousers (might not though) who wrote something about it being ok to draw a moustache on your sleeping baby's face, but probably best not to do it in indelible ink the day before the HV arrived! I was honestly ROFL at that! grin

kickingking Tue 01-Nov-11 13:13:05

WitchesAreComing - no! That can't have happened! It just can't - you'd have to kill yourself!

WitchesAreComing Tue 01-Nov-11 13:18:14

The tiny wanker one would have been even funnier if someone had actually started a thread saying, "AIBU to think that the dreadful woman in the doctor's waiting room should be shot?" grin

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 01-Nov-11 13:20:52

Is that you, UCM wss brilliant.

grin at Angela Hernandez.

Revies on Trip Advisor, I laughed at loud at 'in the wooky'

'shopping for carbs with Claire'

Something which BupcakesandCunting said about Myleene Klass which was deleted.

When the Pram Huns invaded the rest of the board (this was when for sale and classified were in active convos, the people who sold stuff on MN were SO DIFFERENT from the rest of the board).

TanteRose Tue 01-Nov-11 13:23:20

any one remember when Tech changed the smilies for a couple of hours shock

it was NOT a laughing matter angry they were GRIM!

Thumbwitch Tue 01-Nov-11 13:23:30

Sorry, not monkeytrousers, monkey magic:
"It doesn't make you a bad parent if you draw a moustache on the baby for a laugh, but it's best not to do it with indelible marker the day before an appointment with the health visitor."

Still makes me laugh now! grin

TeWihara Tue 01-Nov-11 13:24:05

The shitting elf was one of the first threads I read grin

And the bobble plate disaster.

There was also a great PFB thread where someone admitted to putting no more tears shampoo in their eye to check it really didn't sting! And another MNer who gave her parents 18 typed pages of instructions on looking after their DC...

ContraryMartha Tue 01-Nov-11 13:24:35

The mooncup debates make me laugh, especially the poster who said she came out from her work bathroom looking like she had slaughtered a chicken.

BupcakesandHaunting Tue 01-Nov-11 13:25:38

What GetOrf said about Kelly Osbourne's jaw being excavated by a Time Team in the future and they will think it is a prehistoric ploughing tool. Actually cried at that.

Revies on Trip Advisor, especially Dillie the prostitute/ShirleyKnot's "fucking spanish speaking spanish eating their spanish food in spain"

Pouffe of Poo

Angela Hernandez

Thumbwitch Tue 01-Nov-11 13:27:07

Ooo, I don't remember that Tante - what were they like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now