A small fluffy bundle...

(113 Posts)

I walk to work (about 10 minutes) and this morning spotted a small fluffy bundle on top of a wall. I didn't really have time to check it out, but it played on my mind all day.

I checked it out on the way home, and it's a dead cat sad I work shifts (which is why I'm posting 12 hours after I first saw it) and have tomorrow off. I need advice on what to do:

a) Nothing
b) Go back with a cardboard pet carrier and rubber gloves and contact the local vet in the morning
c) Call the emergency vet and/or some kind of local council department

I don't think I'm heartless enough for option a. I was incredibly grateful to the stranger who took my cat to the vet when he was run over even though he didn't pull through. Option b seems logical but I would have to store it in the dustbin as I don't really want it in the house, but that seems disrespectful. Option c might be the proper way to do things, but I'd like to know that the owner knew what had happened.

I don't have dc's so am free to go with the MN verdict! Thank you thanks

RudolphLovesoftplay Sat 12-Apr-14 06:13:35

Brilliant grin

ItsSpringBaby Sat 12-Apr-14 06:19:42

To be fair it does look almost real hehe

HeadfirstForTHiddy Thu 24-Apr-14 21:15:09

Oops, haha grin

MissMarplesBloomers Fri 25-Apr-14 17:30:28

Specsavers OP?

LouiseMarie838 Fri 25-Apr-14 17:39:51

Oh wow, this is brilliant :-D Sorry that you felt stupid, but I'm sure we are all very grateful for the laugh.....consider your mistake a public service ;-)

Chiefsquawtbt Fri 25-Apr-14 17:42:30

Oh this is absolutely brilliant purplewerepidj! I've had a bloomin week and a half with my 2 teenage little bitches DDs and this has cheered me up no end.

Poppiesway Fri 25-Apr-14 17:57:02

How did I miss this? Just read in my weekly round up..
Oh op I'm crying with laughter as is ds2 who is 7 and wanted to know what was wrong !

Thankgod there are people like you in the world. Some faith in humanity restored smile

NCFTTB Fri 25-Apr-14 17:58:44

This reminds me of that fantastic, hilarious Specsavers ad too!

GladGran Fri 25-Apr-14 21:10:33

it really does look like a real cat from your photo. I had to ring the RSPCA last night about a baby magpie in a trap. They were great but it was all legal. I asked what would happen to the baby magpie - "It will be dispatched". Caught because of all the other wild birds nesting in the area, by a bird lover. Magpies raid the nests of other birds. Difficult.

minimalistmum Fri 25-Apr-14 21:28:17

this just made my day - THANK YOU!

frolixpk Fri 25-Apr-14 21:54:06

Oh bless you Hun! It does look real I have to admit!! Cheered me up though!

Willabywallaby Sat 26-Apr-14 06:48:15

That's dedication to a thread OP.

Does look scarily real to me.

JulesJules Thu 01-May-14 16:29:02

Just seen this on the roundup.

B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now