Hmmmm? If there was an MNtrance exam, what would the questions be?

(317 Posts)

1. Are you able to understand irony?

a. Yes
b. No
c. Maybe
d. I never irony - just give it a good shake when it comes out the machine
e. All of the above
f. None of the above

grin

OhdearNigel Thu 11-Aug-11 17:08:28

You suspect you might be pregnant. What do you do ?
1) Buy a test
2) Go to the doctor
3) Post all your symptoms on mumsnet in thread entitled "do you think I might be PG ?"

Miggsie Thu 16-Jun-11 12:27:01

Sorry, CY, have been distracted recently but I think I can just allow that paragraph as qualifying you as earning full marks.

You can now go to the top of the class and jump off. grin

nickelbabe Sat 11-Jun-11 11:32:25

thank you Norks <wipes tears>
that makes me very happy. smile

QuinionsRainbow Sat 11-Jun-11 11:15:37

Both questions must be attempted. You may write on both sides of the paper.

(1) Compare and contrast:
MN, NM, MM, NN

(2) Nobdie! Discuss.

CheerfulYank Fri 10-Jun-11 22:51:07

<waits patiently for Miggsie to come tell me how many points I've earned for the above paragraph>

Nickel we could share?
CY you's funny lady
chaos thanks for the brilliant thread and even more brilliant typo

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Fri 10-Jun-11 19:45:34

CY grin grin grin

CheerfulYank Fri 10-Jun-11 19:39:00

That twunt of a Bridezilla is having the wedding party take swimsuit picture and demanding that the bridal party get fanjo waxes! I put up with helping her make the centerpieces (twigs and pebbly shit, don't you know hmm ), and the sickly pink and black bunting she's insisting on having at the reception site to match the cupcakes on the headtable, but she can just bloody well leave my ladygarden out of it! Oh my jeff I hope she's part of the childfree movement, can you imagine how PFB she'd be with sprogs? AIBU to never speak to her again after this travesty of a wedding?!!

grin

CheerfulYank Fri 10-Jun-11 19:35:02

Always happy to oblige Working! I do know who you are, actually. (Not in a RL stalkerish way, of course, I mean on MN grin )

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Fri 10-Jun-11 19:34:29

Ths has to be the funniest, funniest , FUNNIEST thread ever! Got as far as the first nice ham before I collapsed in a heap of snorting, and MissHonkover's version of leave the bastard just finished me off... The weekend starts here!

grin Thanks Cheerful Yank - I know I was just the W nearest your post but I have never before been named in any list of MNetters - am too much of a lurker and not funny enough/controversial enough to be remembered. You made my Friday night!

Miggsie Fri 10-Jun-11 18:27:32

Write a sentence to include each of the following words/terms in their correct MN context. Extra marks will be given if more than one word is used in a single sentence. All words must be included in at least once. Marks will be deducted for poor spelling, grammar and any use of txtspk.

a) ladygarden
b) twunt
c) fanjo
d) twigs and pebbly shit
e) bunting and cupcakes
f) bridezilla
g) PFB

PerAr6ua Fri 10-Jun-11 17:54:08

Can I just say - as well as having the best typo ever... Scottishmummy used emoticons! And italics! Never seen that before shock

nickelbabe Fri 10-Jun-11 12:06:12

I should have been the front runner for N.
sad
<sob sob>

YankNCock Fri 10-Jun-11 01:45:31

you're alright, just don't forget me next time neighbour! grin

CheerfulYank Fri 10-Jun-11 01:36:14

I was panicking! I felt like I was being timed. <test geek emoticon>

<<offers polite MidWestern apology>>

YankNCock Fri 10-Jun-11 01:17:04

How come I'm NEVER anyone's Y?

<<pouts>>

<<drinks>>

CheerfulYank Thu 09-Jun-11 23:38:42

You were actually the front runner for N but then I had to give it to Dragon as it's become so iconic smile

<hands over Runner-Up tiara to Norks >

I am going to change my name to ZorksAreMessy just to get on cheerful's list

I hear your frustrations MardyBra re the wordsearch - it all lined up in the message box and then went skewiff when I posted it! Took feckin ages too.

However - the words/phrases contained within were:

Bumsex (of course!)
My Fanjo
BF V FF
Gin and tonic
Wogan's Cock
Greggs
Cod
Fruit Shoots
PFB
Rivers of Sweetcorn
MIL
Pombears
Wunk
Moldies
Per Una
Jayden
Bat

Actually - I seem to have buggered up Bumsex - it now has an F in it.

That was so difficult! These wordsearch Johnnies really earn their money - unsung heroes of the puzzle world [jingoism emoticon]

CheerfulYank Thu 09-Jun-11 19:15:00

Blast!!!!

BitOfFun Thu 09-Jun-11 18:37:12

ZacharyQuack.

But I made it in as your U - I have made it in the MN real world!!!!!!!!!!

CheerfulYank Thu 09-Jun-11 18:22:46

I sort of want to do the name a Mumsnetter for every letter one. blush
ApocalypseCheese, Beesimo, ChaosTrulyReigns, DeulingFanjo , ElmoFan, FridaKahlo, GoMummyGo, Hullygully, ItsGraceAgain , Jamie(in all incarantions smile ), KaraStarbuckThrace, LeQueen, MardyBra, NeverGoogleDragonButter, OTheHugeManatee, Pagwatch, QueenMary, RazzleBathbone, Shineoncrazydiamond, Teaandcakeplease, UndiscoveredApprentice, Valiumredhead, WorkingItOutAsIGo, XStitch, YouAreKidding, Z...WHY CAN'T I THINK OF A Z?

<epic fail>

Just bleached my gusset at that typo choas grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now