It's Royal wedding day for the Playmobil people in our house....

(135 Posts)
SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:26:02

Prince Jared of Playmoland is marrying Miss Annabel Widdleton today at Ruggington Cathedral. They are being married by the Archbishop of Ruggington.

Crowds of people are lining the streets, waving flags, hoping to catch a glimpse of the happy couple. One man, Rhys has even camped out for several days to secure a good view. He has been interviewed by the Playmobil Broadcasting Corporation.

The wedding will be attended by both families, friends, foreign heads of state, and cabinet ministers, including the Prime Minister, Noreman the Foreman.

BeakerTheMuppetMuppet Fri 29-Apr-11 10:29:30

grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:30:52

Some photos are already on my profile....

PaganOfBologna Fri 29-Apr-11 10:33:33

I don't know whether to be in awe of your creativity or to slightly fear for your sanity confused grin

Kudos on the flags though - that must have taken some time!

NorbertDentressangle Fri 29-Apr-11 10:33:37

lol! Snap!

The DC have the wedding on on the TV in the background and are currently deciding who should be Kate out of all the female figures. The problem they have is that none of them are wearing anything that resembles a wedding dress

I'm hiding in another room away from all things wedding related

love the camel arriving grin

SybilBeddows Fri 29-Apr-11 10:35:30

box of tissues and some sellotape.
used to make magnificent meringues with long trains for my Pippa dolls when Charles married Diana, don't see why it wouldn't work on Playmobil brides.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 29-Apr-11 10:36:37

Problem solved.....Kate Middletons dress has been designed with the clever use of a white cloak on the back and the magicians white handkerchief/cloth on the front

NorbertDentressangle Fri 29-Apr-11 10:38:32

Sybil -thanks for the tissue tip. Thats what I would have done but the DC like the challenge of everything being made up of Playmobil bits and pieces smile

LadyYamada Fri 29-Apr-11 10:39:37

Congratulations little Playmo folk. <waves at Norm>

SybilBeddows Fri 29-Apr-11 10:39:55

smile Norbert - IKWYM, there is a certain satisfaction in being 100% Playmobil.

Brilliant! I'm not watching the RW, but thanks for sharing this with us! grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:43:39

Ds has been very concerned about security arrangements, so there are police everywhere.

There will also be a street party outside Bossy Ross's lifeboat station in Lowbeach-on-Sea......

Is that really you in that photo below the wedding ones, SoMuch? You look so ... sensible. Just goes to show, you never can tell ... grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:59:57

Yes, that's really me! grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 11:22:45

Well, the Playmobil wedding seems to be going without a hitch so far.....

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 11:40:50

Meanwhile the Playmobil people are enjoying their street party outside the lifeboat station. There is a barbecue and ice cream stall, and tv sets have been set up, so people can watch the wedding. The lifeboat station has been decorated with bunting for the occasion......

(see photos on profile)

ForeverNamechanging Fri 29-Apr-11 11:47:31

loving the street partygrin

LadyYamada Fri 29-Apr-11 11:49:02

I want to go to the Playmo street party. <Surveys own boring street.>

fridakahlo Fri 29-Apr-11 11:53:37

Love Miss Annabel Widdletons train, very elegant and somewhat unusal.

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 12:28:45

The Royal couple have now left for the reception, followed by all their family and friends.

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 12:44:01

Ds is now arranging lots of people at the reception.....

I suggested that the happy couple should reappear on the balcony of the lifeboat station later, but ds wasn't too sure...

DuchessMunkii Fri 29-Apr-11 12:53:52

Brilliant, love the photos too!

ForeverNamechanging Fri 29-Apr-11 12:55:45

They must appear on the lifeboat balcony.All the Playmoland peasants will be expecting the kiss

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 12:59:56

I'll see what I can do re the balcony........

RoyalBlingThing Fri 29-Apr-11 13:05:24

somuchtobits: you are bonkers as conkers but I am slightly in awe...

LIZS Fri 29-Apr-11 13:09:32

pmsl - look forward to the party antics and wedding night pics !

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 13:10:47

I now have a short video clip of today's proceedings. Sorry about the shaky photography - ds was wielding the camera......

cece Fri 29-Apr-11 13:12:02

I have been waiting for these photos.

Very impressive...

ForeverNamechanging Fri 29-Apr-11 13:13:14

Santa was at the wedding....Now there's a VIP!!grin

Greenshadow Fri 29-Apr-11 13:27:57

My goodness! How many characters does DS have ?!
That must have taken you for ever to set up.
And is that really your voice on the video?

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 13:33:08

It took us hours, Greenshadow! We started setting it all up yesterday....

That was me, but pretending to be a Playmo person slightly....

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 13:33:38

The happy couple have now appeared on the balcony....

LadyThompson Fri 29-Apr-11 13:36:33

Quite something.

CountessOldSilverDeRothschild Fri 29-Apr-11 14:43:20

10/10 for Miss Annabel Widdleton's dress - just who was the designer.

Well done on the organisation SoMuch - it all looked brilliant and norm with his hat off again !!

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 14:58:01

The designer was someone in Germany at the Playmobil factory a closely-guarded secret, olds.....

southeastastra Fri 29-Apr-11 15:00:51

rofl! nothing can make norman part with his high vis jacket can it. grin

MrsChemist Fri 29-Apr-11 15:15:47

Most importantly though, did they kiss on the balcony?

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 15:17:43

Of course! But it's very difficult to position Playmobil people for the camera to catch the moment! grin

belgo Fri 29-Apr-11 15:19:46

grin

MrsChemist Fri 29-Apr-11 15:23:05

grin
I can imagine.

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 16:09:42

The bride and groom have now cut the cake....

Ineedalife Fri 29-Apr-11 16:19:09

Fantastic Somuch, Dd3 and I loved your pics and hope that the playmobil people live happily ever after.grin.

brookeslay Fri 29-Apr-11 16:28:05

Briilliant are they having a rest now? ahem! like the real Will & Catherine

TheHonTaffetaPonsonbySmythe Fri 29-Apr-11 16:34:24

Amazing, SoMuch. I love the bunting! smile

Jacaqueen Fri 29-Apr-11 16:56:41

FANTASTIC !

DuchessTyOfNorthampton Fri 29-Apr-11 17:06:52

Fabulous, and the bride looks stunning in her dress.
(hi norm)

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 18:15:42

The bride and groom have now left the reception.....

Brilliant - love the commentary as well, you stealth-silly-person, you! Between this and the Legoland royal wedding when we were there on Wednesday I have completely failed to muster any excitement for the real thing. grin

stealthsquiggle Fri 29-Apr-11 18:41:07

SoMuch the photos are fantastic! Norman and his organising committee should pat themselves on the back and have a cup of tea for a job well done.

(I can't believe how much girly playmobil DS has allowed in the house - I may make you an offer for DD's birthday grin)

piratecat Fri 29-Apr-11 18:43:47

crazy but brilliant !!

ShoutyHamster Fri 29-Apr-11 18:46:58

Did they get new titles after the wedding?

Love it somuch

Reality Fri 29-Apr-11 19:23:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 19:32:16

Ds has just decided that the newly-weds will be the Duke and Duchess of Ruggington! (Ruggington is our living room..... Yardings is the kitchen, and Lowbeach-on-Sea is the playroom....)

stealth, I think Norman's organising committee will need more than a brew this evening. A wine might be more like it! wink

st1g Fri 29-Apr-11 19:45:20

Amazing job SoMuch and DS. grin
Raises wine to you both and the happy couple.

TidyDancer Fri 29-Apr-11 19:46:07

BEST THING EVER! Well done SoMuch! grin

TidyDancer Fri 29-Apr-11 19:46:38

Ooh yes, and SoMuchJr! smile

st1g Fri 29-Apr-11 19:46:53

btw, what ended up on the pm flag? any chance of a close up pic?

SybilBeddows Fri 29-Apr-11 19:48:43

DD has declared you the Queen of Playmobil smile

MistyB Fri 29-Apr-11 19:59:36

Cheers for the Queen of Playmoland!!

eurycantha Fri 29-Apr-11 20:17:23

SoMuchToBits I ve loved looking at the pictures of this very important wedding,I thought the name Upping street was great.You`re obviously a massive playmobile fan.

LadyMagnaCarter Fri 29-Apr-11 20:22:07

SoMuch I am really pleased you have a lovely day. Hope Norman isn't too tipsy smile

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 20:22:20

Have just posted picture of Playmo flag!

And I'm certainly not the Queen of Playmoland (that would be Queen Edith!)

But I am a huge fan, as is ds....

Congratulations to the happy couple. They look so much in love and it has obvously captured the hearts of the Playmo people.

Just a pity norm couldn't have stretched to a suit for the occasion..?

(No offense norm)

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 20:49:23

Ahem, well, Norm would have had a bit of a job removing his hi-vis jacket.....

But he did still wear a snazzy tie.....

Paschaelina Fri 29-Apr-11 20:51:28

Thats fantastic! Just how did you get the pictures on the tv screens?

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 20:57:22

We photographed the Playmo people, then scanned them in. Then resized them small, before printing out. Then blu-tacked the printed out pictures to the Playmo tv screens....

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 21:48:34

Well, the Playmo people have had great day today. They thank you all for your good wishes!

ChippyMinton Fri 29-Apr-11 21:52:40

smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 21:57:57

Chippy!!!!!!!!

grin
Great to see you!

Moodykat Fri 29-Apr-11 22:09:23

Genius!

ChippyMinton Fri 29-Apr-11 22:20:54

sadly i have to report that the wedding has passed by unaknowledged inthe grande mansion. although there are a handful of child-princes and princesses square-dancing in the attic nursery. and the kitchen has bangers and baguettes on the go.

FolornHope Fri 29-Apr-11 22:21:38

OP
you so need to get out more

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 22:24:22

Errr.... have just noticed this thread has ended up in "Classics"!

How did that happen??? shock

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Fri 29-Apr-11 22:25:30

WOW. That is all. I have no words.

heliumballoons Fri 29-Apr-11 22:27:17

Brilliant grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 22:37:58

You are all so kind! The citizens of Playmoland will be very happy.....

:-)

I felt it needed a nomination..

I feel Jared would have an evil twin... any idea what his name might be?

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 00:01:17

Thanks, Jareth, Prince Jared does have a brother (Prince Jeremiah) who was his best man. But no evil stuff, so far as I know....

Perhaps Jareth, the evil goblin cousin :grin

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 00:05:12

grin

FiteFuaite Sat 30-Apr-11 00:31:02

Oh my goodness...just looked at all your pics and must conclude,you are delightfully batty,SMTB grin

Can't wait to show the kids in the morning!!

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 00:34:15

Ah, I think I will accept "delightfully batty" as a compliment! grin

FiteFuaite Sat 30-Apr-11 10:19:09

It so is!!! My kids want you as their Mum,now wink

Tikkabillajive Sat 30-Apr-11 10:32:59

smilesmilesmile!

I can't believe I missed this yesterday! It's AMAZING! Well done SoMuch!

I especially love that the King of Saudi Arabia (presumably?) had to park his camel outside the Abbey!

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 10:35:01

I'm not sure which countries the foreign heads of state came from...

<whispers> we had to improvise with the We Three Kings from the nativity set.....

Ds insisted they travel by camel though!

Tikkabillajive Sat 30-Apr-11 10:50:24

It's all brilliant!

I felt very guilty after looking at your pics and then looked across the room to see my ds shoving a Playmo-person head first into his marble run shock!

The bunting and flags must have taken hours! Did Norm enjoy himself?

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 10:52:57

We did print the flags out (after designing then copying and pasting) rather than drawing each one individually!

Norm had a wonderful time, thank you. It's an occasion he won't forget!

MollieO Sat 30-Apr-11 12:54:36

Have just caught up with this thread, was very drunk busy yesterday.

Love the wedding photos. Are Duke and Duchess of Ruggington (is that their new title?) intending on departing for their honeymoon by helicopter? I we allowed to know where they are going on honeymoon?

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 13:03:13

I have just asked ds. He says the Duke and Duchess of Ruggington will be spending their honeymoon in Lowbeach-on-Sea, and they will be travelling by train (but they haven't left yet --I expect they are having a lie-in after a late night party--)

Tikkabillajive Sat 30-Apr-11 13:11:09

Have you got the swimming pool yet SoMuch? Maybe the happy couple could honeymoon at Center Parcs...

MollieO Sat 30-Apr-11 13:33:39

Glad to see they are economising on the honeymoon. In these recession times I was rather surprised at how large the cake was grin

SybilBeddows Sat 30-Apr-11 13:38:11

ours used to go on holiday to the bathroom. Lots of scope for boating and swimming.

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 13:46:00

Lol, the cake wasn't as big as the real Royal wedding cake!

We don't have the new swimming pool yet, but we do have the old one, which is conveniently situated at Lowbeach.

I suppose if the weather is really nice, the happy couple might take a day trip to Paddleford (the paddling pool in the garden) where they could go for a boat trip on real water.....

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 16:25:02

I have now posted photos of the Duke and Duchess of Ruggington boarding the train for their honeymoon.

Taffeta Sat 30-Apr-11 17:38:20

Have started a thread in UK hols but was wondering if any of the lovely Nobs might have a recommendation. We're thinking of a week in the summer hols either Dorset/Devon/Cornwall, or even maybe Suffolk (Norm!!!) or Norfolk. Coastal area, 2 bedroom cottage. Anyone recommend anything??

Taffeta Sat 30-Apr-11 17:39:24

Whoops wrong thread - sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 18:04:53

Lol, Taff, I can recommend Bossy Ross's lifeboat station apartment in Lowbeach-on-Sea..... grin

Taffeta Sat 30-Apr-11 19:43:23

grin @ SoMuch. I'm not sure the whole family would squeeze in, iykwim.

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 20:26:24

They would, taff, there is a parents' bedroom, and a childrens' bedroom, and living room, and kitchen and bathroom. And a small back yard, and it's really close to the beach..... wink

everyspring Sat 30-Apr-11 20:40:12

wow. just wow. Brilliant. Is there any way that MN can ensure the pictures can be stored somewhere other than your profile? Posterity neeeeeds them to stay! smile

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 20:41:43

I don't know! I have put some of them on my FB page, but other than that I'm not sure....

Playmopeople are now trying to have a quiet night................

But they all love the comments you have all made!

Purpleprickles Sat 30-Apr-11 23:38:05

A bit late coming to this thread but wanted to say thanks SoMuch, your photos made me grin Am also very envy of your playmobil collection.

You are very welcome, purpleprickles.....

Ah, you've made it into Classics! Well done!

Just to let you all know, the Duke and Duchess of Ruggington are now having a lovely relaxing time in the holiday cottage at Lowbeach-on-Sea. They are thinking of having a barbecue tomorrow....

shakey1500 Sun 01-May-11 20:53:58

Oh dearie me!!! I have just been howling at the pictures and commentary, how utterly utterly wonderful!! Being relatively new (hmmm not sure how long one has to be here to be classed as "not new"?) but I have obviously gathered that this is something you do for many momentous occassions (have only seen your profile pics).

It's just so...magical and I love the names you have given locations. How great to have such an imagination and to share it with adults and kids alike. I look forward to more. What's the story to Norm and the teacups etc?? So funny, thank you smile

Hello, shakey, it's Norman here, but I'm using SoMuchToBits's registration to log on!

I am a Playmobil builder belonging to SoMuch's ds, but I mostly spend my time drinking tea! Hence all the tea references....

In May I was elected Prime Minister of Playmoland (SoMuch started a thread, and the kind MNers all voted me in....)

So that's the general story. Somuch and her ds really do love Playmobil though, and have a lot of fun with it.

shakey1500 Sun 01-May-11 21:20:51

waves at Norm

Very nice to meet you Norm smile and I'm sure you're doing a grand job as PM. Look forward to hearing more of Playmolands' shenanigans smile

stealthsquiggle Mon 02-May-11 16:26:50

Did Michael the slightly camp beach policeman host a 'survivors breakfast' on Saturday morning, Norman?

Lol, no, stealth - but Bossy Ross, myself and a few mates have been invited to have a barbecue with the Duke and Duchess of Ruggington at their holiday home this evening! Things are looking up.... smile

stealthsquiggle Mon 02-May-11 16:55:37

oooh - play your cards right, Norman, and you could get the building contract for their new family home and be Sir Norman soon

grin I'm looking forward to this evening - the Duke and Duchess are employing barbecue-man and chef-man to do the food, and there will be some more of those nice blue cocktails they had at the wedding reception!

stealthsquiggle Mon 02-May-11 17:13:38

easy on the blue cocktails, Norman - remember it is a networking opportunity wink

Slubberdegullion Tue 03-May-11 18:41:05

hahahahaha

omg that is EPIC and totally trumps the rl royal wedding. Jared and Annabel have the Holy Family WITH baby Jesus in attendance and have sat them about three rows back.

v funny SoMuch

Lol, Slubber, I hope you noticed there were several other families with children (not just the bridesmaids/page boys). It wasn't one of those sort of weddings with no children.....

Anyway, the close families have to sit at the front, don't they? wink

Slubberdegullion Wed 04-May-11 19:30:00

grin wink

SybilBeddows Wed 04-May-11 19:41:52

I would like to know how patriarchal the Playmobil royal wedding was.
Did the bride get given away? Did the vicar say 'I now pronounce you Playmobil man and wife'? Were there choirgirls as well as choirboys?

I think the bride did get given away. No choir at all, I'm afraid, as Playmobil don't seem to make choirpersons.... I think the Archbish said something like, "I now declare you to be married".

And as for rings, there were two of them on the cushion the page boy was carrying, but neither the bride nor groom can wear them, as Playmopeople's handsdon't have fingers blush.

claretandcheese Thu 05-May-11 23:24:30

Brilliant. I would like to suggest you run for office in the next uk election, Norm. Opposable thumbs are so overrated btw

Hmmmm..... I'm not sure the UK public would vote for the "tea-drinking party"...... hmm

EveryonesJealousOfGingers Fri 06-May-11 00:37:34

There are worse parties out there Norman !

SoMuch I think you, your DS and your entire Playmobil collection should have a website.

Fantastic. Bonkers, but fantastic!

AitchTwoOh Fri 06-May-11 09:21:35

i need to know if the assembled Ruggington Police Force is performing YMCA in the last photo..?

SoMuchToBits Fri 06-May-11 09:32:44

I'm not at all sure the world is ready for a website filled with our Playmobil!

AitchTwoOh, many people have commented that the police (especially Michael the beach policeman) look a bit "Village People"......

Longtime Fri 06-May-11 13:42:06

Have just seen this via the round-up. I'm speechless (doesn't often happen). This is absolutely amazing! Just brilliant! Well done SoMuch and thanks for all your hard work smile

SybilBeddows Fri 06-May-11 13:46:25

I actually think the Tea-Drinking Party could get the Daily Mail on side which would greatly enhance its chances in the election.
they don't need to know about the German origin of its members.

Popolly Fri 06-May-11 16:11:02

Yes, SoMuch, I'm another one who is in awe of your playmobil talents! Really fantastic work!

AngelDog Fri 06-May-11 20:19:02

Another thanks for a good laugh and inspiration. I'd followed your election thread avidly and this was great. Your DS is very lucky to have a mum like you. smile

SoloIsApparentlyACougar Sat 07-May-11 00:04:00

I have to ask...on the picture 'View from above' is that chap mooning?! shock

SoMuchToBits Sat 07-May-11 10:30:00

I can't see anyone mooning! grin I think it's highly unlikely, as you can't remove Playmo people's clothes (apart from hats, cloaks etc).

SoloIsApparentlyACougar Sat 07-May-11 10:36:43

Phew! maybe I should get my eyes tested!!! grin

shakey1500 Wed 11-May-11 22:29:14

Just out of interest SoMuch, have you forwarded any of your fantastic efforts (not meaning "effort" in a derogatory way!) to Playmobile Company? I'm sure they'd be thrilled and may send you loads of freebies send you a complimentary email?

I haven't, Shakey, they might complain about all our homemade Playmo flags and bunting blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now