Lush bath bomb and glitter = trouble.

(191 Posts)
JazzieJeff Tue 26-Apr-11 13:47:28

I've got glitter in my lady garden. It isn't coming out. Ive tried everything, hopping in the shower, towelling it vigourously, it's not cutting it.

It was one of those royal wedding bath bombs with ticker tape and festive glitter in it. I was enjoying it ever so much up until I started washing, and discovered to my dismay that the glitter went much further than previously anticipated. The stuff is hanging on for dear life. Its like having shiney crabs. (not that ive ever had crabs, but if they were shiney, I bet this is what they'd look like).

For God's sake hmm I thought I'd spruce myself up on my afternoon off to look nice for DH when he gets back from work. Instead, I've got some sort of accidental vajazzle.

MissFoodie Wed 25-May-11 19:38:29

Jazziejeff: what's the current status? still glowing?

whenever I'm p***d off I just read this thread , always makes me smile - one of the funniest things I've read in years.....!

RobynLou Sun 01-May-11 23:09:12

I used one of these once, the carpet next to the bath (I know - eugh, carpeted bathroom) was still glittery when I moved out a year later.....

mumintroll Sun 01-May-11 23:05:39

oh dear, just realised that we gave gold glitter bath bombs from lush as party favours for DD's party last year ... had never tried them before, they looked suitably sparkly for the pre-teen set ... how many mums have cursed me behind my back??

am dying from laughter though, best of luck OP.

homeschooler Sun 01-May-11 15:50:26

lol this thread has had me laughing so much i cried! Dh keeps wanting to know why i'm laughing! Will certainly be steering clear of lush glitter stuff.

Lillabet Sun 01-May-11 11:06:05

I have just maniacally giggled my way through this thread, however, brambleshooks your post has just finished me off and I am now crying with laughter and getting very odd looks from the DH. grin
Thank you JazzieJeff, I needed the laugh although sorry it is at your expense grin.

Well I smell lovely but my bed looks like a pixie smooshing orgy has happened in it and somehow my teenage son, who had a shower, is covered in it. This is fine as he is off camping with his friends so if they get lost, search and rescue helicopters will pick up the dazzle from miles away.

curiouselle Sun 01-May-11 00:13:16

omg have not laughed so much in ages - DH can hear me downstairs!!!

Dh is reading over my shoulder and says "Yes, it would be very unreasonable, and no Lush products are ever going to be allowed in the house ever again - the boys are going to be given strict instructions to avoid Lush like the plague!!"

<<plots>> grin

I am wiping away tears of mirth - this thread is the most hilarious I have read on mumsnet for ages. Would it be unreasonable of me to buy them for the dses and encourage them to use them? They are 14, 15 and 17, btw! grin

Blatherskite Sat 30-Apr-11 22:41:10

So glad this made it into classics. I needed a giggle tonight smile

Poodlehorse Sat 30-Apr-11 21:39:44

I was wondering if playdough or bluetack might have worked, if you sort of dab it on and roll off, the glitter might stick in the dough/tac. But sounds like you have got it sorted. All I can say is that while I have great sympathy for your fanjo you have cheered me up no end. I am so glad I never bought one of these for myself, but I think my SIL will be cursing me as I am sure I bought for her kids. grin

boldandbeautiful Sat 30-Apr-11 21:35:32

Omg. Am seriously crying at these. Hahaha

JazzieJeff Sat 30-Apr-11 20:03:02

cyclebump grin that sounds fabulous!

JazzieJeff Sat 30-Apr-11 20:02:14

jimmijam I know! They entice me in every time as well!

I'll definately try the popsock trick next time; I've yet to be brave enough to give my diseased seaweed bathbomb a whirl considering my experience...

Well. A few clingers still remain (I know, but that's the only suitable term available for them) but in the end, I couldn't face the peanut butter. It got relegated to the back of the cupboard and I got down and personal with a pair of mini tweezers that I got in a Benefit eye makeup set for Christmas. I don't have regular sized tweezers anymore; I did but DH 'lifted' them for nose - hair extracting purposes so they have been left by the wayside. I was a bit tipsy (courtesy of the mumsnet half price wine offer on nakedwines.com; don't think I'll be joining the discussion, somehow hmm) and stabbed my inner thighs a few times but frankly ladies, enough was enough.

My bathtub is still covered as if it's been hit by a twinkling bomb. DS seems to be enjoying it, but the past few days he's been going to nursery with sparkley bits on him. He's the only one, so it's not as if he's got a sister to blame it on or anything. I think the staff probably reckon he's not being bathed on a regular basis from the looks I've been getting. If only... If you work at a nursery in Cornwall by the way, and you're recieving a 7 month old coated in a layer of glitter every morning; please have pity. His mother is currently being harrassed by a sparkley problem of some magnitude.

Cyclebump Sat 30-Apr-11 20:01:04

Hahaha, this has reminded me of the time that DP used 'that bath bomb you've had for ages'. It was in fact a Lush glitterbug, which is basically cocoa butter with a shedload of glitter in it. The cocoa butter meant that four showers later he was still glittery.

He's a 6ft 4" rather hirsute and well-built guy who captains the local rugby team and is a prop in the scrum. He looked hilarious grin

Ok. Should I have some peanut butter and paintstripper on hand for afterwards?

jimmijam Sat 30-Apr-11 19:52:10

this thread has made me smile, not sounding good on lush-but the shop does smell lush as u walk down the street! :-)

MrsKwazii Sat 30-Apr-11 19:16:44

Yep, pop the bathbomb into a popsock and tie a knot it in. Chuck into bath and hey presto! All the loveliness goes into the bathwater and all the gunk stays in the popsock.

I've just been and bought one. My 11 y/o is covered in glitter from just being in the shop. Quite what it'll do to the pipes on my spa bath but will bring a whole new meaning to clearing out me pipes...

BillBrysonsRucksack Sat 30-Apr-11 14:16:51

Cheerful Yank grin, my pelvic floor can't take much more of this!

<disclaimer: 35 wks pg>

matekiddleton Sat 30-Apr-11 09:52:16

put bath bomb in a popsock?

Indaba Sat 30-Apr-11 08:11:44

Popsocks?!.............please elaborate........

CheerfulYank Sat 30-Apr-11 05:12:28

Can you imagine if someone you didn't know (or someone you did , come to that) came upon you drunkenly smearing your glittery bits with peanut butter?!

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying... "No, but, it's organic!" grin

Amiable Fri 29-Apr-11 22:35:53

Love this thread - have to say the idea of "hoovering" up the glitter with a fridge magnet just finished me off!

MrsKwazii Fri 29-Apr-11 21:37:28

I love this thread - brilliant! I'd just resign yourself to a very sparkly future OP grin

On a very boring and very practical note, popsocks really are the way forward to avoid bathbomb carnage <taps nose>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now