Thickos on TripAdvisor

(563 Posts)
bupcakesandcunting Fri 18-Mar-11 09:03:10

I usually check reviews about places on Trip Advisor before booking a holiday. I've been having a snoop round this morning for a holiday and went onto Trip Advisor to read the reviews and honestly, some of them look like they've been written by a bear mashing his paws into the keyboard and hitting "send"...

AIBU to disregard reviews by people who moan that "nobode understand ENGLISH" "no chips/salad just greek food" "wayter rude" or should I be giving them the same attention as the others?

MrTumblesSpottyBum Fri 25-Jan-13 18:11:08

"Never go there! We got a room that was creepy. There were bloody rags on window sill and drug synergys in toilet. Only a cardboard sheet windows, and someone screaming outside our window"

grin

Pipbin Mon 28-Jan-13 18:13:23

I was about to post the link to that site.
I especially love: "previous guest took a dump in the kettle… Then proceeded to boil it" and, " I actually think that the 3rd floor isn’t part of the hotel, and that people are living there. There are animals running around".

queenofeverything1 Tue 30-Jul-13 10:20:32

Here's a tip, why not stay at home next time and do a day trip down to the seaside...sure to have a cuppa and some chips and some Brits walking around.

ManchesterAunt Thu 29-May-14 13:16:08

This is a brilliant compilation of Trip Advisor complaints

www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/10/28/21-seriously-strange-tripadvisor-reviews/

FizzlingFireboxes Mon 09-Jun-14 13:48:36

Communal toilets were horrible, everytime I went in there was a toilet otter staring at me. I got in my bed a was stabbed by a toenail, there was dried sick in the carpet. The place is a dump and I expect thats what prison cell mates experience. plus a homosexual tried to get into my room at 2 in the morning.

Toilet otters :D

awsomer Fri 15-Aug-14 19:33:05

Restaurant review:
"I wish we hadn't gone. The meal was ruined by midgets everywhere and we were sitting inside. We moved tables (nearer the back wall) but we were either followed by them or they were at that table too. we woke up the following morning covered in bites and very itchy."

midgets
<holds sides>

AlpacaMyBags Fri 15-Aug-14 19:37:13

grin @ midgets!!!

WanttogotoDisney Sat 16-Aug-14 20:18:16

^every where we we go to was pretty enough to take pictures. it was so fancy and the staff was so nice. OCCASIONALLY, WE ENCOUNTER SMELLY SMOKERS. the food was good but small portion. it consider girl portion instead of men food portion. food is pricey. at the pelican grill, the y have a nice bar lounge with beautiful view. they have 2 giant tv to watch sport and live band music except the music band kept playing songs the average guest don't know so they either ignore the band or get up and leave. the band need to realize they need to play song that guest know and able to sing along or dance along. they were awful.

Room Tip: DON'T SMOKE ON the premise and stop wearing grandma perfume--YUCK. DO not wear bikini if you are a fat as-. stop pretendingto look thin and pretty. shave those hairy body , MEN BEFORE SOMEONE THROW UP^

I thought it was fab!

mygreeneyedboy Sun 17-Aug-14 12:47:23

I read a review about a hotel in Norway, a man complaining that his double bed had two single duvets not one double. He asked for a double and he was told they don't have any. He thought this was worthy of a 2* .

The thing is, Norwegian culture is that all double beds have two single duvets - everywhere. Made me laugh.

The hotel was definitely a 4* IMO

awsomer Mon 18-Aug-14 14:27:18

I never knew that greeneyed! Does that mean you can never have a cuddle under the duvet together? What do you use on a king sized bed? So many questions!! <veers off topic completely>

mygreeneyedboy Mon 18-Aug-14 18:30:14

awesomer I've not stayed in a kings sized bed here yet.. but yes you can cuddle under, it's just a bit annoying as the duvets get in the way - at least you don't get the problem of duvet thieves!!
It's much easier to change the sheets as they are less heavy, but more annoying to make the bed look nice!

citruslemon Fri 22-Aug-14 22:31:20

I have also noticed a lot of reviewers getting really irate that their hotel doesn't serve "a full English breakfast" :/

PortofinoRevisited Fri 22-Aug-14 22:33:00

Oh - who bumped this ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now