I'm quite sure I've just done something mad...

(305 Posts)
lostinwails Thu 04-Nov-10 11:23:19

TMI alert! Have had a very bad tummy bug and am left in a position where venturing more that 30 seconds from the loo would be a foolish risk. I've decided that the water I'm drinking is passing through my body at great speed so in a rash moment I've swallowed a round piece of floaty plastic to time how long it takes to come out. I'm mad aren't I, too long on the sofa with only flat lemonade and salty crisps for company I think.

mumcanihavearabbit Sun 06-Feb-11 23:00:33

Did you shit the brick?

PercyPigPie Sun 14-Nov-10 17:19:42

I have only just found this thread. I LOVE Mumset - this is it at its best grin.

Is the lego still in there? Maybe it is a bit stuck and needs you to swallow a bigger bit of lego to come up from behind and give it a bit of a shove? [hopeful]

Any sign yet? And are you feeling better now, lostinwails?

YunoYurbubson Sun 07-Nov-10 03:49:33

YunoYurbubson Thu 04-Nov-10 11:45:57
I think it will turn up weeks drom now, if at all. You'll always wonder. And every so often a "Whatever happened to the poster who swallowed the red plastic?" thread will turn up.

>> What do I win? grin

Oh my god.. is it still lurking in your intestinal tract?

actually... I reckon it's long gone and you are too embarrased to tell us

[needy]

onmyfeet Sun 07-Nov-10 02:18:06

My ds swallowed a piece of Lego 20 years ago, it never re appeared. Did not show up in an x-ray either. I guess it passed without him realizing?

Send your dh to buy you some Coconut Water to help prevent dehydration, or else Gatorade, or Powerade. Here is a recipe on how to make your own electrolyte drinks. www.ehow.co.uk/how_2209169_select-electrolyte-drin k.html

DanceInTheDark Sat 06-Nov-10 21:16:54

Any sign?

And how are you feeling?

choccyp1g Sat 06-Nov-10 21:14:38

Gives a whole new meaning to Sh*tting bricks grin or maybe biscuit

Genius! Thanks

For the sake of science can you find a similar piece of lego, put in the loo and flush?

See if it goes, if not, BTTD is still 'transiting'...

lostinwales Sat 06-Nov-10 14:54:41

roundup You can normally find it in the box about three down on the right hand side of the screen.

I cried with laughter reading it, and showed it to DH who also thought it was hilarious (thank God!) He says the reason he was't surprised I did it was he would have done something similar under the circumstances. (although probably more rigorously scientific of course)

Oh and if anyone is still remotely interested, no sign of the BTTD.

MiniMarmite Sat 06-Nov-10 14:49:51

or legolostin bowels

I have registered for the roundup email but it hasn't magically appeared in my inbox - can someone link or copy and paste it?
TIA

May I just point out to those of you struggling to conceive - that craft glitter is mostly made of zinc which is vital to sperm health, so perhaps pop a little on your DH's cupcakes (now that sounds like a euphenism doesn't it?) grin

I knew this would make the Roundup - and now I don't have to sulk either!

sockmonkey Fri 05-Nov-10 16:56:34

DSs asking why I am laughing.
Can we not shake lego pom poms instead of labour inducing ones?

choccyp1g Fri 05-Nov-10 16:48:44

guess

choccyp1g Fri 05-Nov-10 16:48:07

You could change your name to "Legolostin Wails" No-one would ess it was you, honest.

Teaandcakeplease Fri 05-Nov-10 16:38:37

Fluffy you need to go into "MyMumsnet" then e-mail options and then select "yes" for the Mumsnet Talk Roundup. Not sure if this will work but here's a link.

RunawayRocket Fri 05-Nov-10 16:37:50

This is so funny

RustyBear Fri 05-Nov-10 16:31:05

My DH (who is a statistician) once co-authored a paper on oro-caecal transit times.

I don't know whether the research was done with lego, though...

comtessa Fri 05-Nov-10 16:15:08

Geocentric re. pound coin swallowing. In my defence I was about eight at the time. I'd put it in my mouth (no idea why) and a second later it was gone... My poor mum had the fun job of, er, checking it passed through.

FluffyDonkey Fri 05-Nov-10 15:39:05

Hysterical
Thank you to all posters for keeping me chuckling to myself at work grin

Technical question - how do I see the round up? blush - think I've been missing out on something funny for years....

lostinwails Fri 05-Nov-10 15:07:06

Round-up, that was priceless! I have tears streaming down my face, should be embarassed but I'm too used to being me!

BarnacleBill you win! I doubt we will ever see that piece (sorry BTTD) again, but at least I know what to point out if DS3 demands I order him a new one. Aren't you glad I didn't use the green spike eh?!

Oh my, I can feel a HUGE name change coming on over the weekend, in fact I may never post again (unless of course the BTTD does make an appearence in which case of course I will let you all know) Oooh, I have a pain in my side from laughing so much (well and you know what) everything seems 10x funnier when aitch puts it down and it was good to start with. Classics AND the whole of the round up, problem is there aint anyone in RL I could EVER boast bout this to. Best stomach bug EVER!

mummyplonk Fri 05-Nov-10 14:33:44

OOh yes point out the little critter that will land in your shitter grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now