I'm quite sure I've just done something mad...

(305 Posts)
lostinwails Thu 04-Nov-10 11:23:19

TMI alert! Have had a very bad tummy bug and am left in a position where venturing more that 30 seconds from the loo would be a foolish risk. I've decided that the water I'm drinking is passing through my body at great speed so in a rash moment I've swallowed a round piece of floaty plastic to time how long it takes to come out. I'm mad aren't I, too long on the sofa with only flat lemonade and salty crisps for company I think.

jpg Thu 04-Nov-10 11:41:24

53 here grin

piratecat Thu 04-Nov-10 11:41:32

am imagining a Toy story soldier emerging from your bum.!!

If it gets stuck, op can safely venture further away for a bit, and do a mega bucket of water when the pressure makes the plastic thingy move.....

grin

Geocentric Thu 04-Nov-10 11:43:11

grin piratecat!

lostinwails Thu 04-Nov-10 11:43:15

Round red bit of lego (I feel REALLY stupid now I've posted that, it was the first floaty thing that came to hand!) smaller than a five pence piece. 'evacuating' about half hourly (hence all the water I'm drinking). Sitting here in disbelief that I'm so bored I'm letting the internet in on my bathroom habits!

Really tempted to go and find some beetroot juice just to complete the experiment now!

TigerFeet Thu 04-Nov-10 11:44:06

The problem is that the plastic ball will take longer to pass through your bowel than water would, as it would have more resistance, iyswim.

Actually, I don't know that for sure, and am really just marking my place, awaiting news of its reappearance.

Geocentric Thu 04-Nov-10 11:44:32

No, no, don't have the beetroot now, you might miss the red lego bit in the colouring...

YunoYurbubson Thu 04-Nov-10 11:45:57

I think it will turn up weeks drom now, if at all. You'll always wonder. And every so often a "Whatever happened to the poster who swallowed the red plastic?" thread will turn up.

I am still staring in disbelief. I read the OP as a round piece of plastic that floats. In Kreecherworld this would be like the disc on top of milk bottles, very thin not a piece of farking lego. Hats off to you OP, I don't think I could manage that.
Maybe it could be used as training to be a drug mule?

FIMBOfedupofrandomfireworks Thu 04-Nov-10 11:46:09

Oh dear god I have heard everything now grin. I am off to work in a moment and hope when I return in one hour, evacuation has taken place.

Chulita Thu 04-Nov-10 11:46:32

Make sure you boil that piece before putting back in the box <boak>
I reckon an hour should do it
<pulls up chair>

YunoYurbubson Thu 04-Nov-10 11:47:27

A piece of lego??!! shock

I was thinking a tiny dot like a punched out disc from some packaging.

Lostinwails JR to his friend:

"Oh look, this is the piece of lego that mummy shat!"

I am sure he will bring it to show and tell.

Geocentric Thu 04-Nov-10 11:49:48

Quint - imagine if the teacher is a MNer? She'll be giving the OP knowing looks in the playground... grin

DanceInTheDark Thu 04-Nov-10 11:49:51

I keep typing things to add to the thread but really i just want to know how long it takes.

Lego? Really lego?

HystericalMe Thu 04-Nov-10 11:50:10

Bathroom habits! Eating lego is not a habit of yours is it?
3 hours. (14.20)

Indith Thu 04-Nov-10 11:51:05

Marking my place grin

Do you mean one of those lego sirens?

belgo Thu 04-Nov-10 11:51:28

My ds tried this trick with Hama beads, I found them in his nappy the next day.

HystericalMe Thu 04-Nov-10 11:51:52

I can imagine you looking at it. Yep, that'll come out of my bum. grin

TigerFeet Thu 04-Nov-10 11:52:01

<opens book>

who'll give me 10-1 on four hours thirty seven minutes?

If everything is passing through that end so quickly I would bet that there's no time for the beetroot to be absorbed and get into your blood/wee, it'll all come out the back end.

lostinwails Thu 04-Nov-10 11:52:47

Yes I worried about that tiger feet, I know when we've done bowel transit times at work the markers move around with the pooh but I wonder if that is different if there are very little 'solids' IYSWIM. (In a children's hospital I worked in we would give small constipated children a different set of lead markers to swallow every morning for five days and x-ray the progress, so you would be watching a series of balls followed by ducks followed by squares etc slowly progressing around the bowel! You can see where I got my idea from)

Purplebuns Thu 04-Nov-10 11:53:13

You loon! <<Marking place>>

Thingumy Thu 04-Nov-10 11:53:38

Still reckon sweetcorn would of been the 'sensible' option

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now