This topic is for discussions about campaigns Mumsnet is running or may be planning to run. Go here for other campaigns or petitions.

Video: why we need the Mumsnet Miscarriage Care Campaign

(11 Posts)
KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 20-Jun-14 16:41:09

We've made a video which we hope illustrates why the Mumsnet Miscarriage Care Campaign is so important. Do have a look, and tell us what you think? If you like it, please help spread the word by sharing it far and wide on social media - every view helps raise awareness. Thank you flowers

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Fri 20-Jun-14 17:29:33

Im now crying my eyes out.

just got back from seeing my counsellor (who im having to pay an arm and a leg for because its not available on the nhs) she thinks the campaign is a great idea and is going to see if her colleagues would be interested in getting involved in someway.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 20-Jun-14 18:01:59

Sending much love to you smiling and thank you for sharing the campaign.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Fri 20-Jun-14 18:25:41

I feel like it should be me thanking you rebecca it means so much that you are trying to do something to stop other women having to deal with atrocious treatment like so many of us sadly have already.

thecuntureshow Fri 20-Jun-14 21:08:06

Link? smile

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 20-Jun-14 21:26:17

Hello thecuntureshow - here's the link, or you can just click on the video in the OP.

thecuntureshow Fri 20-Jun-14 21:38:25

Nicely done video. Will share it.

Thank you for the link (am viewing through the app and can't see a vid)

longtallsally2 Sun 22-Jun-14 12:21:41

Very clear, very moving vid. Just one thought: you end by saying "Help Mumsnet make a difference" but don't give any details of how to help apart from the hashtag - not everyone uses twittr.

It's a fabulous idea and I am happy to email a link to it to my MP, but suggestions of what to do, and how to make a difference might be a useful addition. smile

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 23-Jun-14 21:01:01

Thanks for the feedback longtallsally2. If you click on the hashtag, it should bring you back to the campaign page on Mumsnet, where you can find additional info about how to get involved. There's another link in the info pane below the video (though only if you're on the YouTube page) - but you're right, it would have been useful to have this info within the video itself.

Justjanuary Tue 24-Jun-14 11:55:23

A very moving and factual video. Couldn't have been better executed.Having suffered two miscarriages in the past, it's content was exactly my story unfolding. I now have two children, that came after suffering the two miscarriages but I will never ever forget the two babies that I lost, the physical pain endured at home whilst miscarrying and the way I was treated by the medical profession, before during and after that time. I hope this makes the difference and we see changes to the system, so that others aren't made to suffer in such a cruel way. Thank you.

Annliz9 Sat 28-Jun-14 11:04:47

Dear Kate

This video is very touching and will surely get people's attention. I fully support the Mumsnet Miscarriage care campaign and have also tweeted about it Xx twitter: annieforrest3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now