PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about campaigns Mumsnet is running or may be planning to run. It's not the place for promoting other campaigns or petitions. If you do that here, we will either delete your thread or move it to a more appropriate place on our boards.

The worst country in the world to have a baby

(3 Posts)
ADifficultBirth2014 Tue 22-Oct-13 17:51:22

I came across this project the other day and it really made me think about other women around the world giving birth, it's astounding that 1 in 11 women die in chiild birth, how lucky we are here, I think this is definitely worth supporting: www.indiegogo.com/projects/afghanistan-a-difficult-birth

intitgrand Tue 19-Nov-13 09:02:03

How about supporting this cause
'we don't help the richest country in the world bomb the shit out of the poorest country in the world, so that Americans can have cheap oil.'

Queenofknickers Tue 19-Nov-13 09:04:57

Intitgrand, yes, but sometimes small steps to help are what we can manage in the face of international politicking.

OP it sounds like a great campaign and thanks for raising its profile here.

I forget the quote but there is something about "don't underestimate the power of individual people all doing small things to change the world, it's the only way it ever has been chnaged" or something blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now