PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about campaigns Mumsnet is running or may be planning to run. It's not the place for promoting other campaigns or petitions. If you do that here, we will either delete your thread or move it to a more appropriate place on our boards.

Nursery Holiday Charges

(5 Posts)
crustyonion Mon 02-Apr-12 22:35:16

I pay 50% fee for upto two weeks' holiday per year. The staff still need wages, the building needs to be heated, etc and I'm reserving the place for my child. I can't say I'm particularly pleased to pay almost £200 for 2 children to not attend for 3 days (my working week) because they both had chicken pox, but I just have to suck it up.

KatyMac Mon 02-Apr-12 22:29:14

I can either charge £100 for 48 weeks or £92.30 for 52 weeks you can chose which you would like

LucyLastik Mon 02-Apr-12 22:27:12

What AKMD said.

AKMD Mon 02-Apr-12 22:26:09

They still have to pay their staff, pay rent, council tax etc.

loppydog Mon 02-Apr-12 10:08:29

Lets have a campaign to stop the practice of Nurseries charging for services they do not provide i.e childcare when they are closed for holidays. How did such a state of affairs ever become "normal"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now